Acrophobia 31 The End

Castellan

My business (busy-ness) and associated stress is coming in feast and famine. At present its famine and I am so bored I am contemplating hosting again. if you are interested in another game of acrophobia send me a PM. I thought I'd do character predictions for TWOW. i.e. project possible, likely or desired ways their story could continue in the next book. Any takers? 

I came up with this prediction idea as I was typing so it may change slightly with more thought.

Players (new players can join at any time)

Julia H.

Howlin' Howland

Raisin' Bran

Dolorous Gabe

Jez Bell

SWMBO

Fragile Bird

Ser Not a Shadow

Lady Blizzardborn

How to play.

1.     There will be about five rounds.

2.     Each round will begin with a new character and new acronyms.  Players create house words for the character, using only the letters provided in the acronym.

3.     Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc to make your words make sense. 

4.     Deadlines for each round will be detailed as each round arrives. I will give 48-72 hours at the very least and probably more. I will also adhere to the principle first proposed by the famed European scholar yomi, where the entries will still be accepted after the submission deadlines, but without giving the late entrants their point for submitting.

5.     Entries are to be messaged to me through a PM. Title your message Acrophobia 31 - <your Board Name here> and keep all communication to the same messaging thread. You may edit/change your entry until the deadline, but it must be done by sending a new message.

6.     When all submissions are in, they will be posted on the thread. Entries are to be anonymous, so do not reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

7.     Players will then have time to vote for their favourite 3 entries. All votes are public. Submit your votes in a comment on the game thread and make it clear which entry is first, which entry is second, and which entry is third and fourth, in your opinion.

You may not vote for your own entry. You may change your vote up until the voting window closes by editing your original voting post.

8.     After submissions of one round are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

9.     Points will be awarded as follows:

1 point for a submission

1 point for voting

3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice and any additional places

4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes (ties get 2 points each)

Points will be added across all the rounds and the player with the most points will be the winner.

10.  You may join at any time, both during the submission and voting.

56 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I am interested, Castellan. Do you want a brand new PM or just use the existing one from the last game?

Brand new would be best. thanks for asking.

I suppose we could play with four players. I don't want to harass people to play I expect they are all tired from those combined two games or not interested in the topic. 

I might post the first letters tonight. 

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

@Castellan

I have been trying to send you a new PM but a little message comes up saying you cannot receive messages.

I'm the last person to know why that happens. I remember it happened to me when I was trying to PM Julia I think and it just seemed to fix itself. I'll try deleting some mail although I doubt its that.

PS TRY again and tell me if its still not working.

ROUND 1: Victarion Greyjoy

Just arrived at Mereen with some of the fleet he set out with (in TWOW chapters released). Has a charred arm. Thinks he can outflank Euron and gain Dany as his own bride.

What is your prediction for this characters journey in TWOW?

Deadline: I will say until 9 pm Sunday 25 March, regardless of time zone, this will give the US people a few more hours than the Europeans, but its an easier way to express it.

Have fun. I hope six letters are enough.

Choose

osshdv 

or

gkgbve 

9 hours ago, Castellan said:

I'm the last person to know why that happens. I remember it happened to me when I was trying to PM Julia I think and it just seemed to fix itself. I'll try deleting some mail although I doubt its that.

PS TRY again and tell me if its still not working.

I think my latest attempt worked

On 2018. 03. 22. at 10:43 AM, Castellan said:

Have fun. I hope six letters are enough.

Choose

osshdv 

or

gkgbve 

At first sight, I thought we had three acronyms to choose from. 

33 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

At first sight, I thought we had three acronyms to choose from. 

no matter how I set the choices out, it seems capable of misinterpretation.

20 minutes ago, Howlin' Howland said:

OR = Outrageous reaver.

OR = Ostentatious reaver 

OR = Opportunistic raper

or would have been much easier than the other two sets of letters.

LOL, those are good! I actually thought choose was one of the options. Six letters! :D

6 minutes ago, Castellan said:

no matter how I set the choices out, it seems capable of misinterpretation.

That's because there is nothing we can't misinterpret. 

Archived