GRRM's cryptic location blog post

Daendrew

1 minute ago, Beren_One_Hand said:

A couple of posts before that one he says he’s taking a break from the Not A Blog for awhile. Maybe he just doesn’t want anyone knowing where he is so he can actually get some work done.

He has said many times that he only writes at home on his DOS PC in Santa Fe.

53 minutes ago, Daendrew said:

GRRM wrote "that would be telling" under his location. He usually posts he is in Santa Fe or the town when he goes for meetings and cons.

Why would he be cryptic about where he is?

He does things on his blog. he is a weirdo. we are all waiting with baited breath to get any little sliver of winds info so we try to dissect everything that he writes on it to see if there is something cryptic going on even though he stated unequivocally that when winds is done he will just tell us  

40 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

He does things on his blog. he is a weirdo. we are all waiting with baited breath to get any little sliver of winds info so we try to dissect everything that he writes on it to see if there is something cryptic going on even though he stated unequivocally that when winds is done he will just tell us  

I want to believe. I want to believe. It's been seven years since the last book. 

Considering the travel stuff it might be connected to the Nightflyers series or the GoT sequels. He writes his books at home, and unless he no longer has, you know, internet, he can tell the world from his home that he his finished some book. As he did in the past.

21 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Maybe in Belfast, Northern Ireland, observing shooting of last episode, or celebrating with the show-crew the end of filming?

Thats a good idea. Maybe he finally does a cameo and didn't want to spoil it.

2 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Aren't we the weirdos then? :laugh:

Yes, this site mostly consists of weirdos. I tend to quickly click onto some other tab if an adult family member walks by while I'm indulging myself here, out of instinctive embarrassment. I'm a grown ass man, after all, obsessing away about fantasy characters and fake worldbuilding arguments.

There must be a name for this condition. I don't think it's entirely normal.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Aren't we the weirdos then? :laugh:

weirdos, nerds, geeks and other names as well, but desperate is the big qualifier for all of them. Remember how awesome it was that he was canceling all his appearances to concentrate on getting the book out by spring 2016? 

2 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

There must be a name for this condition. I don't think it's entirely even remotely normal.

Fixed that for you :D But, meh, normal's way over-rated....

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Weirdos, nerds, and geeks

Wasn't that a song by Sonny & Cher?

Anyway, perhaps GRRM is at home but daren't tell us in case we get over-excited.. either that or he's shacked up with Varys in a rebuilt Tower of Joy, and they've just fixed the wifi and cracked a couple of bottles of shade of the evening

Archived