Why is Westeros So Important To You And What Keeps You Coming Back?

GAROVORKIN

22 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Seriously, all you fuckers who have yet to come to a convention: COME TO A CONVENTION. Next big convention with lots of BWB is in San Jose in August. 

San Jose in August ... I might ... have to - do that.

On 3/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Seriously, all you fuckers who have yet to come to a convention: COME TO A CONVENTION. Next big convention with lots of BWB is in San Jose in August. 

DO THIS, I swear we are all so much nicer in person.  Also, gabba gabba, Hey.  We want to meet you!

I miss Apple Martini. Or is this user another who has changed names during my on-again-off-again fluctuations to the forum?

44 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I miss Apple Martini. Or is this user another who has changed names during my on-again-off-again fluctuations to the forum?

Oh I remember her from the asoiaf threads, thoroughly enjoyed her analysis and commentary even if I found her dislike for Dany to be mostly unfounded.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, BigFatCoward said:

Because without this board i wouldn't know how often women wash their bra's (not enough in my unsoiled opinion).

Just realised i've here over 3,000 days and have yet to hit 4,500 posts.  I need to up my game, less than 1.5 a day is pathetic.

Hey man, billy clubbing hooligans in the mean streets of London takes time. We get it, and forgive you. 

18 minutes ago, Red Hermit said:

It's hard to find forums with similarly high quality discourse and wit.

Keep looking then. :P

:lmao:

28 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Are we talking about the same place ? :cool4:

There's dumb stuff posted, but the maturity level is still much higher here then most other forums I've seen, while still being entertaining.

I have been in a committed relationship with this forum for 6 years now. Yes, I had some dalliances with some other forums here and there, but westeros.org still remains my true Internet love :D

Now, as to why I kept coming for more...

1. It all started with "From pawn to player" threads where I found out I am not alone in my love and complete adoration for the character of Sansa Stark.

2. Then I discovered the Holy Trinity of ASOIAF analysis: bumps, Lum and Rag. And somewhere in 2013 I realized how much I have to learn about reading books.

3. Then the whole debate "What is the real God?" I was more involved in discussing Martin's deities than I was ever about the RL ones.

4. Then I started watching The Good Wife and @Datepalm and the gang introduced me to the wonderful world of Entertainment.

5. FU**ING EUROVISION :D No one, and I repeat no one does Eurovison like westeros. The year of pink underoos of Mother Russia was personal favorite.

6. Entertainment forum... I watch too many shows to admit to any of the people I know in RL.

7. We will finish here. People... I don't know anyone in RL (although if anyone wants to have some seriously great food in Belgrade, call me) but some of them have been more real connections than some of so-called friendships I had. I miss some of the people who are no longer around.

And I am not crying... :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Archived