NCAA Basketball 2017: Final Four cont.

DireWolfSpirit

Pretty typical Michigan game, keep it close in the first half, make adjustments and pull away in the 2nd. Unfortunately in the next game, they will be facing a monster in either team.

Villanova’s hot shooting broke Westeros!

So much for the Dome Effect. :stunned:  Sorry @RedEyedGhost.  Sometimes all you can do is tip your cap to your opponent and move along.  No one was stopping them tonight.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Villanova’s hot shooting broke Westeros!

So much for the Dome Effect. :stunned:  Sorry @RedEyedGhost.  Sometimes all you can do is tip your cap to your opponent and move along.  No one was stopping them tonight.

Their shooting wasn't even outrageous. They just shot a super high volume and were a little better than their season average. Kansas was a team that had preyed on teams with weak backcourts, but they were never going to have a shot against Nova. Nova -5 was far and away the most money I've ever bet on a game, and I'm kicking myself for not clearing out my bank account.

Villanova has little weakness that one could exploit. Michigans only chance is that theres a fluke contest where they play their best possible ball and Villy has a mediocre showing, and even then it will be a slim margin to pull it off. It will have to be a "Miracle" contest, so hoping for the upset for Ann Arbor. 

Yeah Villanova looked unstoppable yesterday. Michigan would have to play substantially better from what I saw yesterday... but I just don't see it. 

Honestly I'm surprised Villanova is favored with only a 6.5 point spread.

Can’t remember what I had in my Westeros bracket and I dont feel like going through the trouble of looking it up on my phone, but I’m guaranteed either 2nd or 3rd place in my money pool depending on who wins.  Putting Michigan in the final really worked out for me!  But now I need Nova to win it all, it’s the difference between winning $100 or $280.  First place is over $500 but I can’t catch the guy in first.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:46 PM, Triskele said:

That this detail does not escape you brings me great joy.

If my disdain for UofL brings you joy... then I promise you will never be sad again. :thumbsup: 

This has been a great women’s game.  Probably the most minutes of women’s Final Four that I’ve ever watched.  Great semi final games and the title game is coming down to the wire too.

For Michigan to win this game they will have to play like they did against Michigan State and Purdue in the B1G tourney and Texas in this tourney. Anything short of that and this could get ugly.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

This actually feels eerily reminiscent of the last time Michigan made the finals and lost to Louisville.  Louisville was close to be the wire-to-wire best team that year much like Villanova sort of is this year, and Michigan that year was similar to this year's team in that they're a fine team but not a 1 seed juggernaut.  I predict the result is the same and Michigan gets 2nd place for the second time in a few years. 

So will VIllanova also vacate the title 4 years later for a scandal?!?!?! No...

9 hours ago, Triskele said:

This actually feels eerily reminiscent of the last time Michigan made the finals and lost to Louisville.  Louisville was close to be the wire-to-wire best team that year much like Villanova sort of is this year, and Michigan that year was similar to this year's team in that they're a fine team but not a 1 seed juggernaut.  I predict the result is the same and Michigan gets 2nd place for the second time in a few years. 

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

So will VIllanova also vacate the title 4 years later for a scandal?!?!?! No...

7 hours ago, Triskele said:

lol...someone will like this comment.  Perhaps a few someones.  

:smug: 

Was just going to ask if Michigan would later be able to claim a title.

Archived