To what extent is the empowerment of female characters in G.O.T progressive? - Academic Research

lmichell

Hello!

I am currently studying Media Studies at a college in Birmingham, England. 

As a fan of Game of Thrones I have decided to do my coursework write up on the title stated above. 

I have had some initial ideas on examples I could use to structure this argument, however it would be of great benefit if I could get some constructive advice on some more examples that I could use.

If you would be so kind to fill out the quick anonymous survey below I would be very grateful. 

https://s.surveyplanet.com/BkxlS3Dcf

Thankyou in advance,

Luke

I'm approving this, but if you can provide a bit more information about what university or college this is for, their rules regarding privacy and such, that'd be good. I also strongly suggest you create a survey using Google's survey system or Survey Monkey or something of the sort, to allow people to answer easily and anonymously if they so desire.

19 hours ago, Ran said:

I'm approving this, but if you can provide a bit more information about what university or college this is for, their rules regarding privacy and such, that'd be good. I also strongly suggest you create a survey using Google's survey system or Survey Monkey or something of the sort, to allow people to answer easily and anonymously if they so desire.

Done, thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused by this survey. You claim to be asking "to what extent are the is the portrayal of female characters progressive" (to which I would answer "it's not"), yet the only question is "give an example of an empowered female character". There are plenty of characters who have moments that have been described as "empowering", but that doesn't mean they actually are. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/04/2018 at 3:14 PM, YouSnowNothing said:

I'm confused by this survey. You claim to be asking "to what extent are the is the portrayal of female characters progressive" (to which I would answer "it's not"), yet the only question is "give an example of an empowered female character". There are plenty of characters who have moments that have been described as "empowering", but that doesn't mean they actually are. 

Yes, very odd. Not a survey but a single question in two parts. 

Archived