Samwell Tarly is not the author of A Song of ice and Fire

Son of Man

I'm guessing that the OP means that Sam will survive to chronicle the events and history that make up the Song of Ice and Fire; but I don't think Sam will survive.  I think it more likely that Tyrion would write that song given his interest in history although it's only Rhaegar who calls it the Song of Ice and Fire.

Are you super sure, cuz there’s lots of people on this forum that think they know the story better than George and they love to enlighten us with their fanfic on a weekly basis.

Samwell is actually one of the trolls who comes on here re-writing the entire book to make the Starks look evil. He and Jon apparently had a major falling out at some point. 

On 3/28/2018 at 3:38 PM, Bini said:

This. It's show siliness.
And it would be quite strange for the author of a series (even if he somehow knew all the facts - through an omniscient being, perhaps) to only insert himself as a POV starting from the fourth volume. Either tell his own perspective of facts from the start or not at all.

True.  And Sam is not guaranteed to survive.

On 3/28/2018 at 0:54 PM, Dorian Martell's son said:

Not a chance 

Oh, I disagree.  There is a chance.  That could make sense if Bloodraven wants to prolong his life.  As you may know, I always root against the Starks.  Also, Brynden Rivers is more deserving of life than Bran.

8 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Oh, I disagree.  There is a chance.  That could make sense if Bloodraven wants to prolong his life.  As you may know, I always root against the Starks.  Also, Brynden Rivers is more deserving of life than Bran.

Your rooting and opinions are irrelevant to what the author writes and how the story is progressing. That is a good thing 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Your rooting and opinions are irrelevant to what the author writes and how the story is progressing. That is a good thing 

Indeed. Some people are gonna hate Winds, and I can't wait to see what will happen... Are they gonna disappear, or stick around moaning and whining? 

11 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Indeed. Some people are gonna hate Winds, and I can't wait to see what will happen... Are they gonna disappear, or stick around moaning and whining? 

Assuming winds does get published (big assumption I know) they will most likely keep quiet and try to ignore what they had posted. I don't expect a field day, like what happened on 12/23/2012 on the above top secret forum, but it would be nice if some of the most absurd theories are pulled up, raked over the coals and made fun of for some good lulz, but it I doubt it will happen. 

17 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Assuming winds does get published (big assumption I know)

Winter is coming!  :commie: 

:P

they will most likely keep quiet and try to ignore what they had posted.

Probably. 

I don't expect a field day, like what happened on 12/23/2012 on the above top secret forum,

The whaaat? :eek:

but it would be nice if some of the most absurd theories are pulled up, raked over the coals and made fun of for some good lulz, but it I doubt it will happen. 

Oh definitely. I might take it upon myself. :D

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, Son of Man said:

Let's get to the point.  Samwell Tarly is not the author of A Song of Ice and Fire.  It would be impossible for someone to chronicle and author these events because they are told from the point of views of many characters.  Samwell will have no way knowing what Eddard Stark was thinking during Ned's time in King's Landing.  He would have no way of knowing what Ned said in his private conversation with Cersei.  

Samwell is GRRM .And this is Known .

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Winter is coming!  :commie: 

:P

It's not even breathing hard :D But Seriously, it was 2.5 years ago that GRRM canceled all of his remaining con appearances to make the big push to finish winds. Now he is publishing a completely different book. 

The whaaat? :eek:

Aside from the Brutal anti-semitism, more casual pseudo scientific racism, tales of sore probe holes and general idiocy propped up by tinfoil,  the 2012 conspiracies really ramped up in the year preceding it. Lots of end of the world stuff, aliens, planet nibiru  and other mishmash was being posted and due to forum decor rules (sound familiar?) every post had to be respected, no matter how foolish it was. Then, on December 23rd, a giant sticky post that had to be acknowledged to proceed stated that any user that made fun of or insulted another user over their now outdated conspiracy theories would get banned.   

Oh definitely. I might take it upon myself. :D

Especially the rape fantasies as theories ones 

17 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

It's not even breathing hard :D 

:lmao: 

But Seriously, it was 2.5 years ago that GRRM canceled all of his remaining con appearances to make the big push to finish winds. Now he is publishing a completely different book. 

We all want it. And more, we really need it. The longer the wait, the crazier and sillier things get. And I'm sure it's coming, just no idea when. :P

Aside from the Brutal anti-semitism, more casual pseudo scientific racism, tales of sore probe holes and general idiocy propped up by tinfoil,  the 2012 conspiracies really ramped up in the year preceding it. Lots of end of the world stuff, aliens, planet nibiru  and other mishmash was being posted

So, sort of like now? :D

(I actually don't remember it ever being worse than now in terms of out, out there crackpots based on nothing but the burning desire to be acknowledged as a genius of unique intellect and wit. Well, and trolling of course)

and due to forum decor rules (sound familiar?) every post had to be respected, no matter how foolish it was. Then, on December 23rd, a giant sticky post that had to be acknowledged to proceed stated that any user that made fun of or insulted another user over their now outdated conspiracy theories would get banned.   

Well, I kind of get it, tbh. Because it can be  so subjective,,, what is insulting to one isn't to another etc.  Funny thing is, I have no recollection of this! Must have been during a time off from the forum.  

Especially the rape fantasies as theories ones 

:ack:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived