For every book, give a non-POV character one POV chapter

Canon Claude

AGOT: Robb during the Battle of the Whispering wood.

ACOK: Edmure preparing for and winning the Battle of the Fords OR Robb fighting and winning Oxcross.

ASOS: Tywin in the aftermath of the Red Wedding with Joffrey and Tyrion

AFFC: Edmure helping Blackfish escape and then being confronted by Jaime later on (maybe get a nice heart to heart between nephew and uncle before they part ways).

ADWD: Stannis on the march to Winterfell.

What about you? Which would you pick?

AGOT: Robb. When he's made KITN. We never get his reaction. Was he pumped, frightened, overwhelmed? Back-up/Runner up: Robert Baratheon any time when he's essentially alone.

ACOK: Sandor. Between him quitting the KG and going to Sansa's chambers. Back-up/Runner up: Tywin learning Jaime's been captured.

ASOS: Oberyn. Any point in the book. Seriously, ANY point in the book. Well, maybe not the moment he's getting his head crushed. Back-up/Runner up: Margaery during the Purple Wedding.

AFFC: Little Queen Jeyne. Right before Jaime shows up at Riverrun. Back-up/Runner up: Roslin, same place in the story.

ADWD: Daario. Not sure where in the story exactly, but I definitely want to know what goes on in his crazy mind. Maybe when Dany rides off on Drogon's back. Back-up/Runner up: the Tattered Prince, no preference for time. Or Drogon when he flies off with his mama.

AGoT: Ch. 34 Lollys (A dinner party with Littlefinger, and others)

ACoK: Ch. 18 Todder (Stewardship of Marsh, march to Icemark past the 79 sentinels)

ASoS: Ch. 35 Euron's mute (finding the dragon horn, setting sail for Pyke)

AFfC:  Ch. 26 Arryk( Olenna's return to Highgarden, and Lord Serry's, Willas's dispositions)

ADwD: Ch.62 Zahrina (dispositions and intel of the purple lotus and her men)

AGOT: Robb Stark.His reactions after all the mess.

ACOK: Margaery Tyrell.i want to see all the plans of Tyrells and the process of changing sides.

ASOS: Littlefinger. Which is his role in the Red Wedding;

AFFC: Euron Greyjoy. I want to see his intentions and learn about his trips.

ADWD: Barbrey Dustin. I want to learn about Boltons,the North and Brandon

3 hours ago, Kandrax said:

AGOT-Gregor raiding Riverlands

ACOK-Lorch's attack on night's watch

ASOS-Vargo capturing Jaime and Brienne

AFFC-Rorge raiding Saltpans

ADWD-Ramsay having with ironborns.

Those are all truly terrifying prospects. Is everything ok mate? :D

Mine:

AGOT- Lysa just after the trial by combat. Just for the schadenfreude. 

ACOK- The Blackfish in the Westerlands, partly to see what happened immediately after Robb's wedding, the various reactions of different bannermen, etc., partly just to see that campaign in more detail from someone who knew what he was looking at.

ASOS- Oberyn just after his arrival, to get more detail about his character and motivations. 

AFFC- Pycelle at the small council, purely because he clearly thought Cersei was a nutcase, and the POV of a sensible person who had to work with Queen Crazy would have been hilarious.

ADWD- Lord Manderly at some point. Partly to know more of his plans (though that might be too much of an early reveal), and also to find out just what was going through his head when he plotted and executed the pie scheme. Just how sick is he really?

AGoT - Robb is the one I'd like to read more, but to pick someone who'd shed more light on things, Littlefinger (although I really don't like the idea of being inside his head :ack: )

ACoK - LC Mormont

ASoS - Roose Bolton

AFfC - Tom of Sevenstreams at RR

ADwD - Bloodraven - among other reasons, to put to rest once and for all the idea that he is not the 3EC. 

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

AGoT - Robb is the one I'd like to read more, but to pick someone who'd shed more light on things, Littlefinger (although I really don't like the idea of being inside his head :ack: )

ACoK - LC Mormont

ASoS - Roose Bolton

AFfC - Tom of Sevenstreams at RR

ADwD - Bloodraven - among other reasons, to put to rest once and for all the idea that he is not the 3EC. 

You’ve been here long enough now to know a BR POV would do nothing to quell such theories ;) 

7 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

What about you? Which would you pick?

AGOT: Blackfish Tully either at the Battle of Whispering Wood or the Camps.

ACOK: Blackfish as he campaigns with Robb in the Westerlands.

ASOS: Tywin when he’s dealing with his family. 

AFFC: Rolland Storm during the Siege of Dragonstone.

ADOD: Doran Martell instead of Areoh Hotah. Anyone over Areoh Hotah basically.

AGOT - Quaithe, prior birth of Rhaego and hatching of Dany's dragons (because I think that she was there, when Dany was giving birth to her child. And I also think that she is Shiera Seastar, and that she was watching over Dany for a long time, long prior they met in ACOK). What is the source of her power, how does she know everything.

ACOK - Varys, near the end of book. Some clues about who he really is, what are his plans, what he thinks about Littlefinger, about Red Wedding (did he knew that it will happen), what he thought about Ned's death and what happened with his family afterwards, does he thinks that Jon Snow is someone significant, did he knew about R+L=J.

ASOS - Tywin Lannister, after Purple Wedding, during and after Tyrion's trial, a bit info about Robert's Rebellion, whether he planned to betray Targaryens from the very beginning, what he really thought about Tyrion, did he really thought that Tyrion poisoned Joffrey, and what he really thought about Joffrey, Cersei and the rest of his family.

AFFC - Littlefinger, at any point, to know what is his big plan, or to get at least some clues about what exactly does he want to accomplish, does he want to become King of 7K?

ADWD - Bloodraven, prior Bran's arrival (to know what are Children's real plans, and more info about the Others, and what happened with him when he left Night's Watch, and why did he executed Aenys Blackfyre, and more info about Shiera Seastar, and what happened in Summerhall, and whether he knows who Jon Snow really is).

AGoT - Probably the Blackfish which would give us insight on what he thought of Robb and a POV for the Whispering Woods

ACoK - Anguy or Thoros giving some early insight on the BwB

ASoS - Edmure during and after the Red Wedding

AFfC - Galbart Glover so we can see what he and Maege think about the Red Wedding and a reveal of Howland Reed

ADwD - Harras Harlaw during the taking of the Shield Islands

AGOT - Littlefinger, sometime between when Eddard calls for Gregor Clegane to be brought to justice and when Eddard tells him that Stannis is the rightful king.

ACOK - Littlefinger, while treating with the Tyrells.

ASOS - Shae, after Tyrion's betrothal to Sansa but before he tries sending her away.

AFFC - Robert Arryn shortly before making the trip down from the Eyrie.

ADWD - Osha, sometime near the end of the book (assuming she is alive).

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You’ve been here long enough now to know a BR POV would do nothing to quell such theories ;) 

:lol:

Indeed. Nor any of the other gazillion "BR did it!/skinchanger it!" I'd still love to have his POV tough... :P

Well, there are many PoV who would be fascinating and could contribute with world building and character development but also you don't want to give too much information about the plot. Given the relative lack of external characterization of Daenerys and certain laziness in the whole Essos plot, where Dany has spent six books, a lot of the one-off PoV would be in Essos in this exercise.

AGOT: Drogo after learning his child with Dany is the Stallion who mounts the World, or after the Dany assassination attempt.

ACOK: Jorah or some Dothraki during the crossing of the Red Waste or Xaro after HOTU

ASOS: Jorah during the sack of Mereen.

AFFC: Gendry to learn more about TBWB

ADWD: Missandei or Grey Worm

Archived