MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

I don't think Myshkin is being a snob by saying Anaheim isn't LA just because it's in the metropolitan area.  Look at the New York metropolitan area.  It includes Newark, New Haven, etc.  Hell, the "Bay Area" includes San Fran and Oakland, and obviously those two like to stay distinct from each other.

All-Star Games are typically at newer/newest stadiums -- Dodgers got (somewhat) shafted as have the A's (no ASG since '87), Cubs ('90), BJs ('91)... Other large gaps -- St. Louis (43 years: 1966-2009), KC (39 years: 1973-2012), Boston (38 years: 1961-1999), Baltimore (35 years: 1993-1958) ...

He is however, being a snob when he says that Anaheim is not part of Metropolitan LA.  The term is defined whether he likes it or not.

Calling San Francisco "San Fran" is a far worse sin than calling Oakland part of the San Francisco Bay Area.  The latter is undeniably true.  The City of San Francisco and San Francisco Bay are two different things.  San Francisco Bay Area is really "San Francisco Bay" "Area" and not "San Francisco" "Bay Area".

5 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

He is however, being a snob when he says that Anaheim is not part of Metropolitan LA.  The term is defined whether he likes it or not.

Or maybe I was just having some fun. And maybe no one in Southern California ever confuses Orange County with Los Angeles Country, despite them both being part of the same metropolitan area. This probably has something to do with them being two different counties. Because guess what, Anaheim isn’t in L.A. I mean that’s just a straight up fact.

14 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Or maybe I was just having some fun. And maybe no one in Southern California ever confuses Orange County with Los Angeles Country, despite them both being part of the same metropolitan area. This probably has something to do with them being two different counties. Because guess what, Anaheim isn’t in L.A. I mean that’s just a straight up fact.

Had you said that, I'd have stayed silent.  But telling someone who'd specified the Metropolitan area that it wasn't.....

Well, we have low expectations for Angelenos.  Which they seldom exceed.

35 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Had you said that, I'd have stayed silent.  But telling someone who'd specified the Metropolitan area that it wasn't.....

Well, we have low expectations for Angelenos.  Which they seldom exceed.

Hmm, who’s being the snob now?

Awesome way to win for the Twins. Kepler hits a walk off bomb on a 3-2 count with 2 outs. Taking 2 out of 3 from the Astros is huge too. This team might be better than I originally gave them credit for. I figured last year was a fluke. 

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Calling San Francisco "San Fran" is a far worse sin than calling Oakland part of the San Francisco Bay Area.

My dad was born and raised in San Francisco.  He calls it San Fran on occasion.  It's also simply quicker to type.  :dunno:  The rest of that reply is just all kinds of officiousness.

38 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

My dad was born and raised in San Francisco.  He calls it San Fran on occasion.  It's also simply quicker to type.  :dunno:  The rest of that reply is just all kinds of officiousness.

I was curious about that also. Seems odd people would be upset over that.

Gary fucking needed that. Thanks Fenway.

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

"Frisco" would be even quicker to type...

Since the White Sox can't get anything going offensively, here is my "throw a bunch of shit at the wall and hope something sticks" lineup for this afternoon:

1. Moncada 2B.                                             2. Anderson SS.                                             3. Abreu 1B.                                                   4. Davidson DH.                                             5. A. Garcia RF.                                             6. Sanchez 3B.                                             7. Delmonico LF.                                           8. Caatillo C.                                                 9.  L. Garcia CF.

I was watching MLB network last night and they showed that Danny Farquhar had passed out in the dugout. Now they’re saying it was a brain hemorrhage. Damn!

Yankees now have 2 starters that can go 5 innings at an absolute max. Good times. Sonny Gray reminds me of Javier Vasquez. Gets ahead of hitters and just can’t put them away. And Sanchez catching him is an absolute fucking nightmare.

I think I’m gonna start betting Boston to try and slow them down a little. Assholes just won’t stop winning. 

Yankees won, Gleyber is coming and Sawx got no-hit. A decent day.

ETA: Brandon Belt had a 21 pitch ab in which he fouled off 16 two-strike pitches. It lasted almost 13 minutes. Pace of play, guys. New pitch limit per ab should be changed to 15.

Archived