MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

The Yanks lineup is starting to click.  There will always be slumps, but it's starting to look pretty scary.  In Tanaka can figure shit out, it's gonna get get very kickass very soon.  Gray's lack of velocity is quite worrisome though.  That usually indicates an arm problem.  May well lead to a new fifth starter.

7 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Release the Kraken!!!

6 hours ago, .H. said:

If only we could play the Twins every game...

Playing the Twins is like Yankees Happy Place:

And yeah - I was at my favorite, or at least most frequented, bar in which the bartender is one of my closest friends for the game today.  My brother and I were pissed throughout Gibson no-hitting us for nearly six innings.  When Gary came up me and my bro had already cashed out, dejected, but were like - hey man, he can always hit that game winner.  Then it happened, and that it happened against Fernando Rodney - one of the biggest douchebags in baseball over the past decade - we had half the Pittsburgh bar cheering on the Yanks walkoff.  It was fun.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:21 PM, .H. said:

If only we could play the Twins every game...

Go to hell! :P

Ugh, after a great start this team now looks exactly like I thought it would. Bad pitching and streaky hitters is a terrible combo! 

5 hours ago, dmc515 said:

9 in a row going into a 4 game set at Houston.  Sonny needs to figure things out right quick if he doesn't wanna end up at the tollbooth.

Nice Godfather reference. I hate what they're doing by cutting down on the fastballs they let the pitchers throw. From what I hear it's part of the problem he's having. They're really firing on all cylinders I would love for them to put together a run like the Indians did last year. 

Well, the less fastballs thing looks to be working great for Tanaka, and Montgomery (and CC, although pretty sure his necessary shift predates the Yanks' trend).  And yeah, there was a fangraphs article about it fucking with Gray.  Seems like a simple solution:  let Gray do what worked for him.  I'm frankly not sure if they already have - from the eye test last start he threw plenty of 4-seamers and was still missing the strikezone.  Ultimately, it's on him, especially considering his main problem right now is simply throwing strikes.

Ozzie Albies' phenomenal start to the season feels like it's flying a bit under the radar. His numbers thus far are staggering. NL Ranks: 

1st in runs, hits, doubles, HR, extra-base hits and total bases; 2nd in slugging

From a 21-yr old 2nd baseman. :stunned:  Yes, I'm excited about this team's future. 

2 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Ozzie Albies' phenomenal start to the season feels like it's flying a bit under the radar. His numbers thus far are staggering. NL Ranks: 

1st in runs, hits, doubles, HR, extra-base hits and total bases; 2nd in slugging

From a 21-yr old 2nd baseman. :stunned:  Yes, I'm excited about this team's future. 

I heard earlier this season that he has never faced a professional pitcher that is younger than him. 

It makes some sense after thinking about it, but it is still pretty amazing. Huge fan. He's a great defensive player as well.

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

Albies, Acuna, even Swanson looks better this year.  With Freeman that's quite the offensive core.  Now just need all that promising pitching to develop, but TINSTAAPP.

QFT

Archived