US Politics: What Price Loyalty?

mormont

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I actually think I have one of those TV/VHS hybrids in my parent’s storage unit, but the dust on that has to be horrific. I’m still mad that mi madre got rid of my Disney VHSs though. Those things are worth a lot today. :bawl:

That said, I will have to :fencing:the mayor. Time to :ph34r: up!

If it makes you feel better those rumors of Disney VHS prices skyrocketing are not true.  People list them at extreme prices all the time but snopes dug through ebay and they usually sell in current DVD price ranges  

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I agree that Mueller probably has enough to charge Trump with obstruction. That won’t be enough to move Republicans though. I’m guessing Mueller stumbled across a whole host of other illegal activities, but he needs Trump’s testimony to confirm some of it. That’s why he wanted him to sit down. But now that everything is speeding up with Trump trying to shut down the investigation, so they’re going with what they got. I expect the next few weeks to be incredible tense.

Mueller doesn't need or expect Trump to confirm any potential charge that he's going to make.  I know you all think Trump is a moron, but it's extremely unlikely that Trump is going to just admit to any sort of wrongdoing.  If Mueller needs anything from Trump to make his case, then the case is on very shaky grounds, because there is no assurance that Trump will ever testify.  Even if you compel Trump to sit down to an interview through a subpoena, Trump can simply plead the fifth.  At that point, if Mueller actually needed Trump to confirm something to make his case, his case would be toast.  Mueller's case needs to be rock solid with or without testimony from Trump.

1 minute ago, Mudguard said:

Mueller doesn't need or expect Trump to confirm any potential charge that he's going to make.  I know you all think Trump is a moron, but it's extremely unlikely that Trump is going to just admit to any sort of wrongdoing.  If Mueller needs anything from Trump to make his case, then the case is on very shaky grounds, because there is no assurance that Trump will ever testify.  Even if you compel Trump to sit down to an interview through a subpoena, Trump can simply plead the fifth.  At that point, if Mueller actually needed Trump to confirm something to make his case, his case would be toast.  Mueller's case needs to be rock solid with or without testimony from Trump.

He already admitted wrongdoing to Lester Holt last year when he said he fired Comey over the Russia probe and then again the other day when he tweeted that he hasn't obstructed any justice except for when he's been fighting back.

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

He already admitted wrongdoing to Lester Holt last year when he said he fired Comey over the Russia probe and then again the other day when he tweeted that he hasn't obstructed any justice except for when he's been fighting back.

Sure, but Mueller doesn't need Trump to say anything else to make his case.  Anyway, Trump isn't going to voluntarily sit down for an interview, and I doubt Mueller is going to subpoena him for all the reasons I've already stated.  We'll see how it plays out.

3 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Sure, but Mueller doesn't need Trump to say anything else to make his case.  Anyway, Trump isn't going to voluntarily sit down for an interview, and I doubt Mueller is going to subpoena him for all the reasons I've already stated.  We'll see how it plays out.

Ok, but the entire point of your post I replied to before was invalidated due to the 'I know you all think the president is a moron but it is extremely unlikely that Trump is just going to admit to wrongdoing.'

Which is incorrect. As is your presumption that if Mueller needed evidence from the horses mouth then he's in trouble.

He's already got the words from the horse. It then hung itself from and obstruction tree.

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Ok, but the entire point of your post I replied to before was invalidated due to the 'I know you all think the president is a moron but it is extremely unlikely that Trump is just going to admit to wrongdoing.'

Which is incorrect. As is your presumption that if Mueller needed evidence from the horses mouth then he's in trouble.

He's already got the words from the horse. It then hung itself from and obstruction tree.

I thought it was obvious from the context of my response that what I meant was that Trump wasn't going to admit to any wrongdoing during an interview with Mueller.

30 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

I thought it was obvious from the context of my response that what I meant was that Trump wasn't going to admit to any wrongdoing during an interview with Mueller.

You're probably right about that.  But he also won't be able to help himself from lying under oath.  

31 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Well that was undermined by your 'I know you guys think he's a moron, but...' because he's already proven he's a moron by admitting to wrongdoing even without Mueller.

So what was your point? Besides objectively unsupported opinions that require wilful ignorance of observable facts.

Please, enlighten.

19 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well that was undermined by your 'I know you guys think he's a moron, but...' because he's already proven he's a moron by admitting to wrongdoing even without Mueller.

So what was your point? Besides objectively unsupported opinions that require wilful ignorance of observable facts.

Please, enlighten.

Just read my posts again.  If that is too much work, the TLDR point is that Mueller doesn't need to subpoena Trump to make his case because he already has everything he needs.

Just now, Mudguard said:

Just read my posts again.  If that is too much work, the TLDR point is that Mueller doesn't need to subpoena Trump to make his case because he already has everything he needs.

Yeah, that's trying to reverse-engineer a coherent statement out of what was a bunch of blah.

Trust me, it's easier to just lean into the madness.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

So.

If you are a lawyer, and you are under criminal investigation, and you only have one client....

HEY! WATCH THOSE LIES

His lawyers said he totally could have other clients.

In fact they had to recess the hearing until -now, actually- so that Cohen could be summoned to provide said hypothetical list of clients.

57 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

The report on McCabe has come out, and it has been found that McCabe "lacked candour", which I gather is the equivalent of misled and even lied. Trump has now gone on a Trump-twitter-tirade: LIED! LIED! LIED!

Didn’t we already know that he misled someone during an internal investigation? Anyways, did the report specify exactly what it is that he misled them on?

37 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

So.

If you are a lawyer, and you are under criminal investigation, and you only have one client....

CANADA AVIAN NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JUST BECAME FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

It was just reported that Cohen arranged a $1.6m hush deal for another one of his clients.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Didn’t we already know that he misled someone during an internal investigation? Anyways, did the report specify exactly what it is that he misled them on?

It was just reported that Cohen arranged a $1.6m hush deal for another one of his clients.

I reported that shit like an hour ago.

Keep up, staff boy.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

But....was that actually done as a fixer for the Donald? 

13 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I reported that shit like an hour ago.

Keep up, staff boy.

I was just highlighting it for FB in case she missed it.

And you’re the one that needs to keep up considering I replied to your comment, staff girl who smells like vodka and a substance one would put in a “brown cigarette,” and hey, is that a “white powdery substance” on the tip of your nose?

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I was just highlighting it for FB in case she missed it.

And you’re the one that needs to keep up considering I replied to your comment, staff girl who smells like vodka and a substance one would put in a “brown cigarette,” and hey, is that a “white powdery substance” on the tip of your nose?

I wish. I gave up the good stuff years back. Now it's all Mari-gu-juana and Insulin.

Meanwhile, the interim president of MSU (a former governor of the state) tried to bribe a Nassar victim into dropping her civil suit against the school when she met with him under the impression they were going to discuss ways to improve the school's future handling of harassment claims.

She announced this at a school board meeting. And the board tried to silence her by abruptly announcing her 'time was up' and police even took steps to remove the girl from the podium before the crowd shouted their support for her ability to continue.

Archived