Outlandish Theories

Brynden Blackfyre

Iron Bank and Faceless Men are the same organisation. Like two sides of iron coin.

Shadow near Asshai is casted by alien space ship, that thousands years ago brought dragons to Planetos. Though it wasn't planned. There happened some catastrophe on that ship, and it got broken, thus dragons escaped on nearby planet. Change of seasons on Planetos is caused by terraforming device, that affect planet's climate. It can be switched off only by someone, whose DNA is programmed to be recognized by that ship's computer. People that arrived on that ship, were original masters of dragons. They brought dragons to Valyrians, and taught them how to bond with them, or rather they geneticaly modified Valyrians, to make them be recognized and accepted by dragons, and by space ship's computer. 40 dragonlord families were loged in into that ship's system. Thus the only one, who can turn off that terraforming device is Dany, because her dragonlord DNA is the purest. Quaithe said to Dany to go to Asshai, where she will touch the light, and will find out the truth. So probably she will be autorized by ship's computer, and will find out reason, why their planet's climate is so abnormal. And probably that the Others are alien robots from that space ship.

1 minute ago, Megorova said:

Iron Bank and Faceless Men are the same organisation. Like two sides of iron coin.

Shadow near Asshai is casted by alien space ship, that thousands years ago brought dragons to Planetos. Though it wasn't planned. There happened some catastrophe on that ship, and it got broken, thus dragons escaped on nearby planet. Change of seasons on Planetos is caused by terraforming device, that affect planet's climate. It can be switched off only by someone, whose DNA is programmed to be recognized by that ship's computer. People that arrived on that ship, were original masters of dragons. They brought dragons to Valyrians, and tought them how to bond with them, or rather they geneticaly modified Valyrians, to make them be recognized and accepted by dragons, and by space ship's computer. 40 dragonlord families were loged in into that ship's system. Thus the only one, who can turn off that terraforming device is Dany, because her dragonlord DNA is the purest. Quaithe said to Dany to go to Asshai, where she will touch the light, and will find out the truth. So probably she will be autorized by ship's computer, and will find out reason, why their planet's climate is so abnormal. And probably that the Others are alien robots from that space ship.

That would be the ultimate plot twist

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

That's not so outlandish. The FM are very profitable, and what do you do if you have more money than you can use? Put it in a bank. If they aren't one and the same, there is at least a very high likelihood that they are working together somehow.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:01 PM, Brynden Blackfyre said:

Why does everyone tout that Yeung Griff is fake? Its not as if it is a fact is it?

There must be a Blackfyre. And he's the most obvious (least interesting/least creative) choice. We won't know until we get another book or two...if GRRM ever tells us.

31 minutes ago, Brynden Blackfyre said:

Sarcasm or not? Its hard to tell these days on the web

More of a jest. The best crackpots have a little humor, and something inside your head says, "Yeah, that's crazy, but you know what..."

4 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

I got one: Tullys have wildling heritage. They’re the only house known to burn their dead, which the wildlings do. And several members are kissed by fire.

You really have me wondering. Stoneheart is a shadow of Cat who is tearing apart dogs (wannabe Starks, the Freys) and Sansa is now a Stone who won't move unless kicked.

ADWD Jon V

Jon had once heard Mance Rayder say that most kneelers were sheep. "Now, a dog can herd a flock of sheep," the King-Beyond-the-Wall had said, "but free folk, well, some are shadowcats and some are stones. One kind prowls where they please and will tear your dogs to pieces. The other will not move at all unless you kick them." Neither shadowcats nor stones were like to give up the gods they had worshiped all their lives to bow down before one they hardly knew.

LF was behind the fArya plot as he had Jeyne Poole and he's never inquired about real Arya. I think he knows exactly where real Arya is and that she was the collateral against the loan that the Iron Bank made to Jon which made no financial sense. Notice the fArya plot is concurrent to the loan so Jon demonstrated the value of real Arya as collateral. The loan was made to Jon personally, not the NW so the money and the burden of repayment are his.

5 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

You really have me wondering. Stoneheart is a shadow of Cat who is tearing apart dogs (wannabe Starks, the Freys) and Sansa is now a Stone who won't move unless kicked.

ADWD Jon V

Jon had once heard Mance Rayder say that most kneelers were sheep. "Now, a dog can herd a flock of sheep," the King-Beyond-the-Wall had said, "but free folk, well, some are shadowcats and some are stones. One kind prowls where they please and will tear your dogs to pieces. The other will not move at all unless you kick them." Neither shadowcats nor stones were like to give up the gods they had worshiped all their lives to bow down before one they hardly knew.

See?? This theory is brilliant! Shadowcat--I love it! 

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

LF was behind the fArya plot as he had Jeyne Poole and he's never inquired about real Arya. I think he knows exactly where real Arya is and that she was the collateral against the loan that the Iron Bank made to Jon which made no financial sense. Notice the fArya plot is concurrent to the loan so Jon demonstrated the value of real Arya as collateral. The loan was made to Jon personally, not the NW so the money and the burden of repayment are his.

That's pretty good too. The timing jibes. The connections are all there. Heck, you should start a thread. Or did I miss it? 

7 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

That's pretty good too. The timing jibes. The connections are all there. Heck, you should start a thread. Or did I miss it? 

I never started a thread because it's mostly things fitting together nicely. I've not seen anything amounting to solid proof.

I did bring it up here, but the thread really turned into a mess, mess meaning debate sport which adds nothing to understanding of the text of which some here are so very fond. :wub:

34 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I like this and I think it dovetails pretty well with a thread I had up a while back...

... of course, I don't think thoughts along these lines are so outlandish. ;)

ETA: I think it's perfectly plausible that Tycho knows where Arya is.

15 minutes ago, bemused said:

I like this and I think it dovetails pretty well with a thread I had up a while back...

... of course, I don't think thoughts along these lines are so outlandish. ;)

ETA: I think it's perfectly plausible that Tycho knows where Arya is.

Thanks for the thread - have been wondering about him! I don't think it's outlandish either but I got reactions on that other thread which would have made more sense if I had suggested Tycho was a secret Teletubby. :dunno:

When Rhaegar was young, maybe maester Marwyn was one of his teachers at King's Landing. That's how he got to read three pages out of book of Daenys the Dreamer, with prophecies and predictions. That was the book, after reading which, Rhaegar decided that he needs to become a knight. And also, what was written in that book, was the reason why maester Aemon and Rhaegar decided that Elia's son Aegon is the promised Prince. Because, according to written in that book prophecy, the coming of the Prince will be foretold by Red Comet. They thought that it was the comet, seen above King's Landing, at the time when Aegon was conceived, while actually real Red Comet passed Planetos on the night when Dany's dragons hatched.

Aemon and Marwyn knew each other. Maybe they have met at the Citadel. Or maybe when Rhaegar and Marwyn went to The Wall, to visit Aemon.

Maybe on the way there, they also have visited Winterfell, which was already after the Tournament at Harrenhall. Because by that time little Aegon was already born. Because during their visit to Aemon, Rhaegar discussed with him the comet and probability of Aegon being the promised Prince. And the scene with Rhaegar, Elia and little Aegon, that Dany saw in the House of the Undying, happened already after Rhaegar's return from The Wall. And thus, when Rhaegar was saying, that there should be one more, he already knew, that the mother of that additional Targaryen baby, will be Lyanna Stark. Because they have met at Winterfell.

Or maybe Aemon came to King's Landing to visit Rhaegar.

Because at some point in time, when Rhaegar was already an adult, and thus Aemon already for a long time was serving as a Night's Watch maester, Rhaegar and Aemon has met in person. Because it's unlikely, that they have discussed a prophecy thru raven-mail. Based on what maester Aemon told to Sam, I'm under impression, that the two of them have discussed those matters face to face, during personal meeting, not just thru letters.

That's why, when Sam came to Citadel, and told Marwyn about maester Aemon's discovery, Marwyn immediately went into action. That's because he personally knew maester Aemon, and knew what Aemon knew before about the prophecy. He knew that Aemon was a credible source. As credible as a prophecy could be, because previously both of them already were wrong with whom they thought to be the promised Prince. Thus they thought that the prophecy was wrong.

Marwyn in Welsh means marry. So I think that maester Marwyn married Rhaegar and Lyanna. And he was with Lyanna, when she was giving birth to Jon. After Lyanna's and Rhaegar's death, maester Marwyn went to Essos to Asshai, to look there for information about upcoming Long Night, and Azor Ahai, and the promised Prince. Because he couldn't understand how could have both, Rhaegar and Aegon died, if one of them was supposed to be the promised Prince.

And when he was in Asshai, he has met there Mirri Maz Duur, and also Quaithe, who is actually Shiera Seastar. And since then, the three of them were in contact. So when Dany was giving birth to Rhaego, Mirri has summoned Marwyn's "shadow" to come there, and assist her. He was there, and he wasn't there, same as Quaithe came to Dany on board of Balerion ship, and in Meereen.

AGOT, Dany IX:

Ser Jorah’s face was drawn and sorrowful. “Rhaegar was the last dragon,” he told her. He warmed translucent hands over a glowing brazier where stone eggs smouldered red as coals. One moment he was there and the next he was fading, his flesh colorless, less substantial than the wind. “The last dragon,” he whispered, thin as a wisp, and was gone.

It wasn't Jorah, it was Marwyn. Or rather Marwyn's apparition.

7 hours ago, Megorova said:

When Rhaegar was young, maybe maester Marwyn was one of his teachers at King's Landing. That's how he got to read three pages out of book of Daenys the Dreamer, with prophecies and predictions. That was the book, after reading which, Rhaegar decided that he needs to become a knight. And also, what was written in that book, was the reason why maester Aemon and Rhaegar decided that Elia's son Aegon is the promised Prince. Because, according to written in that book prophecy, the coming of the Prince will be foretold by Red Comet. They thought that it was the comet, seen above King's Landing, at the time when Aegon was conceived, while actually real Red Comet passed Planetos on the night when Dany's dragons hatched.

Aemon and Marwyn knew each other. Maybe they have met at the Citadel. Or maybe when Rhaegar and Marwyn went to The Wall, to visit Aemon.

Maybe on the way there, they also have visited Winterfell, which was already after the Tournament at Harrenhall. Because by that time little Aegon was already born. Because during their visit to Aemon, Rhaegar discussed with him the comet and probability of Aegon being the promised Prince. And the scene with Rhaegar, Elia and little Aegon, that Dany saw in the House of the Undying, happened already after Rhaegar's return from The Wall. And thus, when Rhaegar was saying, that there should be one more, he already knew, that the mother of that additional Targaryen baby, will be Lyanna Stark. Because they have met at Winterfell.

Or maybe Aemon came to King's Landing to visit Rhaegar.

Because at some point in time, when Rhaegar was already an adult, and thus Aemon already for a long time was serving as a Night's Watch maester, Rhaegar and Aemon has met in person. Because it's unlikely, that they have discussed a prophecy thru raven-mail. Based on what maester Aemon told to Sam, I'm under impression, that the two of them have discussed those matters face to face, during personal meeting, not just thru letters.

That's why, when Sam came to Citadel, and told Marwyn about maester Aemon's discovery, Marwyn immediately went into action. That's because he personally knew maester Aemon, and knew what Aemon knew before about the prophecy. He knew that Aemon was a credible source. As credible as a prophecy could be, because previously both of them already were wrong with whom they thought to be the promised Prince. Thus they thought that the prophecy was wrong.

Marwyn in Welsh means marry. So I think that maester Marwyn married Rhaegar and Lyanna. And he was with Lyanna, when she was giving birth to Jon. After Lyanna's and Rhaegar's death, maester Marwyn went to Essos to Asshai, to look there for information about upcoming Long Night, and Azor Ahai, and the promised Prince. Because he couldn't understand how could have both, Rhaegar and Aegon died, if one of them was supposed to be the promised Prince.

And when he was in Asshai, he has met there Mirri Maz Duur, and also Quaithe, who is actually Shiera Seastar. And since then, the three of them were in contact. So when Dany was giving birth to Rhaego, Mirri has summoned Marwyn's "shadow" to come there, and assist her. He was there, and he wasn't there, same as Quaithe came to Dany on board of Balerion ship, and in Meereen.

AGOT, Dany IX:

It wasn't Jorah, it was Marwyn. Or rather Marwyn's apparition.

oooh nice makes a lot of sense

Archived