LongRider

U.S. Politics: Who's Cohen Down?

410 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, who did Hannity get pregnant is the obvious question!

It will be so disappointing if that's all it is.  I'm almost upset by this news because now I can consider the seductive possibility that it's something far worse and Hannity is in life-ruining trouble.  A little pregnancy cover-up doesn't represent that.  He'll just tell his audience he's asked God for forgiveness and that'll be that. 

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

He'll just tell his audience he's asked God for forgiveness and that'll be that. 

God sure has to extend a lot of forgiveness during the Trump era, and he ain't done yet.

8 minutes ago, Triskele said:

I'm almost upset by this news because now I can consider the seductive possibility that it's something far worse and Hannity is in life-ruining trouble. 

This is a good point because Cohen isn't under investigation because he fixed Trump's sex affairs problems, it's because of possible crimes, most likely financial and perhaps others, that he may have committed.   Is Sean involved with any of these, will he be tainted by them?   hmmmmmm         

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, LongRider said:

This is a good point because Cohen isn't under investigation because he fixed Trump's sex affairs problems, it's because of possible crimes, most likely financial and perhaps others, that he may have committed.   Is Sean involved with any of these, will he be tainted by them?   hmmmmmm         

Would anyone be surprised if SH is getting Russian money?  Seems almost a given at this point.  Not sure what the rules even are there given that he's a journalist talking head.

ETA:  Had meant to do a strikethrough rather than italics.

Edited by Triskele

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Would anyone be surprised if SH is getting Russian money?  Seems almost a given at this point.  Not sure what the rules even are there given that he's a journalist talking head.

That was my immediate thought, and then it was confirmed when he said he gets Real Estate advice from Cohen.

2 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Hadn't thought of that, interesting.   Shady investments and Russian $$, just as a thought experiment? Oh I hope he and Cohen wrote lotsa emails. 

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

That was my immediate thought, and then it was confirmed when he said he gets Real Estate advice from Cohen.

He said that!?   (jumps up and down).  Oh goody!

4 minutes ago, LongRider said:

He said that!?   (jumps up and down).  Oh goody!

I wouldn't be surprised if they're being funneled money for lawyers straight from the RNC at this point.

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're being funneled money for lawyers straight from the RNC at this point.

Look on the bright side, more $$ funneled to those losers means less to spend on R candidates. (hope it does at any rate).   Oh Sean, such delicious karma for your Seth Rich CT bullshit.  :owned:

31 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Actually, he has stated he is not a journalist, he's a host. So presumably rules of journalistic integrity don't apply to him.

I saw a great headline from a NY morning paper flashed on CNN - the Daily News, maybe?

"FOR FOX SAKE!"

I just lost it at work today when the Hannity news hit. Was just giddy for the rest of the day.

28 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Actually, he has stated he is not a journalist, he's a host. So presumably rules of journalistic integrity don't apply to him.

I saw a great headline from a NY morning paper flashed on CNN - the Daily News, maybe?

"FOR FOX SAKE!"

I don’t think much will come of this- at all, but one possible positive outcome is the Fox viewership is forced to confront the difference between a journalist and a ‘host’.  All of the 24 hour networks kind of play fast and loose with the line between news and commentary.  I think one of the main sources of division in America is that far too many people are not schooled on the difference between news and opinion.

Hannity went out of his way to say that Cohen sent him no invoices. (Cohen didn’t charge him for all his free advice, out of altruismIm I’m sure. But it would make much more sense if Cohen was arranging for this Trump adoring host to receive some really unbelievably great money laundering real estate deals in exchange for Propaganda. Dark money could be funneled to a fake journalist, who convinces people to buy into the race baiting, xenophobia, outrage machine, and crap that the Republicans peddle. Trump, in turn, peddles Hannity as a go to source for news. Hannity does seem a little jumpy about it. 

The Trump strategy is to accuse other people of doing what he already is doing, like whipping up fake news.

Or maybe Hannity just liked playmates.

Whatever it is, they are going through Cohens finances, you can bet.

Oh and Trump just vetoed Russian sanctions on the guys who supply gas weapons. He sure does like rich Russians.

4 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I thought he had a meeting with Cohen about Russian Adoption.

;)

It's just one poll, and it's an outlier and a small sample, but Emerson has Hiral Tipirneni (D) and Debbie Lesko (R) in a dead heat, 46 to 45 respectively, in the Arizona special election to replace Trent Franks:

Monday’s poll is an outlier and a huge swing in the direction toward Democrats, with other recent polling showing Lesko winning by double-digit margins. The latest public poll on Friday from OH Predictive Insights and ABC 15 Arizona found Lesko leading by 10 points, 53 to 43 percent.

Arizona’s special election has captivated national attention, with Republican groups pouring more resources into a district that President Trump won by 21 points in 2016. The winner of the April 24 race will replace former Rep. Trent Franks (R), who resigned after reportedly discussing paying a staffer to act as a surrogate mother. [...]

The survey found that Hiral, a first-time candidate, leads among independents, 42 to 28 percent. And she has a positive favorability rating, with 49 percent who view her favorably, compared to 29 percent who view her unfavorably.

Forty-three percent of voters view Lesko favorably, compared to 45 percent who have an unfavorable opinion of her.

This race isn't even really on most prognosticators' radar - it's at solid or likely R among all major outlets.  This is likely (in part) due to the lack of candidate quality on the Dem side - Tipirneni doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

So let me get this straight. Cohen had three clients in the last year, Trump. Broidy and Hannity. Cohen paid $130,000 of his own money to protect Trump. Hannity got free legal advice.

Cohen is surely the most generous attorney in the country. If I was Broidy, I'd be wondering where my freebies were! 

I was pretty agnostic about the pee tape till last week, but now I feel like every story about this Administration is true, even the untrue ones.

Still a bit discouraged that Trumps approval ratings are stuck at 40, but most of his supporters have probably tuned out at this point.

8 hours ago, LongRider said:

Look on the bright side, more $$ funneled to those losers means less to spend on R candidates. (hope it does at any rate).   Oh Sean, such delicious karma for your Seth Rich CT bullshit.  :owned:

I fucking hate Comey, but I'm looking at our overall position and I find it quite pleasing from a broad strategic standpoint.

Comey requires -and deserves- no progressive support for his bush war against Trump, but every tweet increases the RNC's need to discredit the man for their Great Leader's happiness.

And that's not even getting into the legal fees and Trump Tax associated with bootlicking in person.

It's telling that the head of the RNC was on State of the Union Sunday to defend her organization's run of corruption and she immediately bypassed not only that but also the upcoming elections in favor of spewing Trumpian propaganda.