Who will get to rule Dorne and the Reach in the end?

shameeka

Sansa (if she does not survive, Arya) will most likely rule the North.

Riverlands will be ruled by Edmure and his child.

The Vale will be ruled by SweetRobin, and Tyrion will have Westerlands.

The Iron Islands will go to Yara or Theon.

Gendry will be legitimized and rule the Stormlands.

There are no Tyrells nor Martells left to rule the Reach and Dorne.

Samwell is the only survivor from the Reach. Maybe he could be lord of Hornhill and Warden of the South, but that sounds a little far-fetched. 

Everybody in Dorne is dead, even the Sands are gone.

I've been asking myself the same question. One of the shows biggest mistakes was killing off the Martell's. To put it frankly, Dorne might just be fucked.

They will need to either instate a new Royal family (that will likely start a civil war) or find another Martell bastard (preferable one not complicit in the murder of the Prince).

But, even with the second option you're likely to have much competition. Given how Dorne treats their bastards and the public acceptance of liberal sex practices, there are likely many Martell bastards waiting for a chance to grab power. This could also lead to a civil war.

There really are no happy outcomes for Dorne, short of finding a hidden member of the Royal house. They deserved so much better than this.

The show is heavily foreshadowing that Sam will be the new Lord of Horn Hill and Warden of the South. 

Dorne will just be whichever random name they pick from a hat since either way won’t have any plot significance. Maybe they will just say House Dayne since show watchers are familiar with that last name.

Sam will be Warden of the South. The show has telegraphed that pretty clearly.

There was a line in one of the Season 7 outlines stating that with the Sand Snakes' deaths, there are several houses in Dorne engaged in civil struggle over who will take power, and it won't be resolved anytime soon (or words to that effect). The line never made it to the show, but I guess D&D have it in their minds that Dorne will be locked in a power struggle for the foreseeable future and whoever wins that will be on top in the end.

Sam still has his vows to the Knights watch, and is a maester. I see him back at Oldtown much before he rules the Reach. Dorne will largely remain unresolved, with barely a mention, so who knows? Bronn will get the Twins, and much of the rest will depend on who survives. 

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Sam still has his vows to the Knights watch, and is a maester. I see him back at Oldtown much before he rules the Reach. Dorne will largely remain unresolved, with barely a mention, so who knows? Bronn will get the Twins, and much of the rest will depend on who survives. 

Don’t need a Night’s Watch if there are no White Walkers any more

They swept Dorne under the rug due to the negative backlash from the viewers. We might see Ellaria rule it in the end (I hope not) but I wouldn't be surprised if there will be no mention of it what so ever in S8.

As for the Reach, most likely Sam. He's from a noble family, owns Heartsbane and is BFF with the future King of the Seven Kingdoms, so the NW-vows are of no consequence, even if we assume that the NW will still be a thing in the end of S8.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, goldenmaps said:

Why would it be bad if Jon is king. 

Well, he's both a Targarian and a Stark. 

The Targarians have a diseased bloodline due to centuries of inbreeding that causes many of them to spontainoisly go crazy and the Starks only ever think of themselves and their family not the people they are responsible to. It's a terrible combination. 

Jon has no idea how to rule. He losses every battle he fights and allows his emotions to cloud his judgement (such as it is) and even if he avoids the madness in his blood his children would carry that same risk. Eventually the people would be put in danger because of him. 

Jon taking the throne will bring nothing but suffering.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:58 AM, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

Well, he's both a Targarian and a Stark. 

The Targarians have a diseased bloodline due to centuries of inbreeding that causes many of them to spontainoisly go crazy and the Starks only ever think of themselves and their family not the people they are responsible to. It's a terrible combination. 

Jon has no idea how to rule. He losses every battle he fights and allows his emotions to cloud his judgement (such as it is) and even if he avoids the madness in his blood his children would carry that same risk. Eventually the people would be put in danger because of him. 

Jon taking the throne will bring nothing but suffering.

Um...what? Where do you get the notion that the Starks only care for themselves and are not responsible lords? has the Show really done that bad a job of conveying the ideals and character of the Lords of the North, The Kings in the North, The Kings of Winter, The Wolves of Winterfell? Well now that I think about it...yes it has done House Stark a disservice with how it has been represented compared to the books. 

5 hours ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Um...what? Where do you get the notion that the Starks only care for themselves and are not responsible lords? has the Show really done that bad a job of conveying the ideals and character of the Lords of the North, The Kings in the North, The Kings of Winter, The Wolves of Winterfell? Well now that I think about it...yes it has done House Stark a disservice with how it has been represented compared to the books. 

I really can't speak to the books, but in the show this is certainly true. Eddard, Rob, and Catelyn failed their people in major ways to benefit their family and Jon has made some selfish and stupid decisions in keeping with that tradition.

13 hours ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

I really can't speak to the books, but in the show this is certainly true. Eddard, Rob, and Catelyn failed their people in major ways to benefit their family and Jon has made some selfish and stupid decisions in keeping with that tradition.

Is there a noble family that has done right by their people in the show? Maybe the Arryns until Littlefinger tookover, and even that was for selfish reasons.

Archived