alternate marriages stark

Matter-of-fact

how would you marry your children to expand your house influence as Rickard stark in 270?

as Rickard stark, I would marry

Brandon to Janna tyrrel

eddard to Cersei Lannister

benjen to Catelyn Tully

lyanna to rhagnear or Robert barenthon or Jaime  lanister or even Jon arryn or a bannermen 

ps:i would also remarry to a northern women maybe bethany rysweell ,donella manderly, or maege mormont or other  to keep bannermen happy about kinds married in the south and tell bannermen any kids with the second wife will marry northern wive/husband.

Depends on if Lyarra was dead.

My votes:

Brandon marries Barbrey Ryswell.

Ned marrying Catelyn actually seems like a good match in hindsight. 

Though one can see Rickard’s logic in betrothing Brandon to Catelyn. Hoster Tully would want his daughter to marry the firstborn, the heir.

Of yours: not really sure how Ned and Cersei would gel as a couple.

Hoster Tully wouldn’t be pleased by having his daughter marry a third son.

I would marry them all in the North.

Screw the South ...

Yup - Brandon and Barbrey.

We have very few nublie canon female characters from that era - surely there must been a girl from at least every other Lordly House. Or a major masterly House, e.g. Ned could marry the Glover lady who married Jorah.

Lyanna - she has her pick of first sons of Northern Lords :) 

Willem Dustin?

Howland Reed?

Roose Bolton?

Jorah Mormont?

I wonder if it's that easy to mix a bunch of northeners of roughly the same age to people from other regions, other religion and/or half a world away. I understand that royal Houses may do it (the Baratheons, after seizing the Crown, did it). But if Rick would just hand out his children to foreigners his own vassals may be a bit bothered.

Archived