ACok Prologue; the statues on Dragonstone

Maria Maria

"A hellhound is a supernatural dog in folklore. A wide variety of ominous or hellishsupernatural dogs occur in mythologies around the world. Features that have been attributed to hellhounds include mangled black fur, glowing red eyes, super strength and speed, ghostly or phantom characteristics, and a foul odor."

Hello.
I've just started rereading ACoK.
Does anyone here believes there might be a connection betwin the hellhound statue from Dragonstone and the direwolfs of the Stark boys?
Ghost has the red eyes, Grey Wind has the speed, Shaggy Dog has the mangled black fur, not sure about the odor... and together they have the attributes of a hellhound... 
Taking into consideration that a statue of a wyvern is next to the hellhound, should we draw the connections to Dany's dragons? The Prologue does begin with the comet's tail, and the wyvern has a tail like an arrow head....
And what about this: it is dawn but the comet has the colour of sunset... any meaning or just narrative colouring?
Am I connecting the dots that aren't there?

Is beautiful, but also feels strange....
Does it have any meaning or it's just the author weaving a tapestry on the sky?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 4:16 AM, Maria Maria said:

"A hellhound is a supernatural dog in folklore. A wide variety of ominous or hellishsupernatural dogs occur in mythologies around the world. Features that have been attributed to hellhounds include mangled black fur, glowing red eyes, super strength and speed, ghostly or phantom characteristics, and a foul odor."

Hello.
I've just started rereading ACoK.
Does anyone here believes there might be a connection betwin the hellhound statue from Dragonstone and the direwolfs of the Stark boys?
Ghost has the red eyes, Grey Wind has the speed, Shaggy Dog has the mangled black fur, not sure about the odor... and together they have the attributes of a hellhound... 
Taking into consideration that a statue of a wyvern is next to the hellhound, should we draw the connections to Dany's dragons? The Prologue does begin with the comet's tail, and the wyvern has a tail like an arrow head....
And what about this: it is dawn but the comet has the colour of sunset... any meaning or just narrative colouring?
Am I connecting the dots that aren't there?

Is beautiful, but also feels strange....
Does it have any meaning or it's just the author weaving a tapestry on the sky?

First I think that it’s not just you who is struck by any reference to sunrises or sunsets in the series... there is clearly something going on there, from the Seven Kingdoms being called the Sunset Kingdoms to the sword Dawn... but what exactly it all means is up for debate.

As for Hell Hounds, I agree that this is a reference to Direwolves, but it’s not certain... the other references I can remember are to the Cleganes and Serwyn Star Eyes saw the Hellhounds fight at the Nghtfort. If these are all connected or if there are multiple things going on is anyone’s guess... although i expect it’s a reference to the Stark of Winterfell casting down his brother the Nights King.

But back to the gargoyles in general, it always struck me as an unexplained mystery that they also appear in Winterfell as part of the Old Keep where Bran climbs... what you make of it all is up to you!

Archived