US Politics: House of the Rising Sun

DMC

I'm not inclined to start these threads but I want to share something and I don't want it to get locked soon thereafter.  There was considerable discussion in the last thread about sustainability and population in the future.  Now, with an academic email address I get a lot of ridiculous stuff, but they usually at least solicit something and make some tangible sense.  Alternatively, I just got the below and I don't even know where to start.  It doesn't solicit nor really advocate.  It confounds me, and it's stream of consciousness is ultimately what makes it art.  It's from Forelaws on Board, which is apparently a thing.  Exactly what that thing is, it's up to you, but I can't help but think this is all some type of 4/20 prank.

• "the human brain is the most complex and orderly arrangement of matter in the universe." - Isaac Asimov (1920-1992), 
    professor of biochemistry at Boston University, USA. (describes that of all intelligent life in the cosmic community of intelligent life).

Perilous yet an emergent turning point for humankind,  the years 2018-2021 (launching the forelaws party, albedo management, and Webb - and dramatic increase of  desalination and industrial hemp production globalwide)  become the all-important first step  toward the age of empathy and compassion  for the common good on Earth.  Empathy and compassion for the common good (Universe forelaws, meaning and purpose)  represents a cause, norm and way forward on all planets with intelligent life.

On Earth, ending 194 nation-state divisiveness not limited to nationalism, militarism, war (military, cyber and trade),  capitalism, environment/climate degradation, nuclear weapons/energy, carnism, and racism . . .  in favor of benign and relative stability in weather and climate - and a compassionate/cooperative global society . . . begins with (1) human political, science and moral commitment to empathy and compassion for the common good (imperative today in relations between  United States and North Korea, in relations between Middle East nation-states) - (2) with albedo management addressing climate change - and (3)  with local and global launch of the forelaws party.

Centered on human infrastructure, management of Earth albedo (i.e. atmosphere and surface reflectivity of solar radiation)  optimizes solar radiation received on Earth - basis  of benign and relative stability in weather and climate on Earth.  Human infrastructure  consists of, among other things, buildings, roads, hempcrete houses, airport runways, and the plant kingdom.  Human infrastructure in changing color with temperature change (thermochromism), together with the plant kingdom (every tree and flower a contributor) - for optimal  solar radiation  - speaks volumes for common good science and technology underlying albedo management.   The Keith Group, Harvard University, USA, stands out among organizations and associations researching climate change and albedoism.

Forelaw science, culture and climate (FSCC) on Earth launch the forelaws party and its cornerstone the democrathon process.  Superseding nation-states - preliminary to united albedo regions - empathy and compassion for the common good  is evident in current  movements and issues involving and including  global sisterhood,  fossil fuels elimination, veganism, beyond  carnism  (ending animal cruelty and slaughterhouses),  albedoism (climate change),  desalination (freshwater from seawater),  and  cosmic genealogy  (explaining intelligent life "races") . . . essential in building and sustaining acompassionate/cooperative global society 

•  ". . . herald a new worldview that I hope will unite the many nations and races of people that inhabit our planet." - 
    Chandra Wickramasinghe, astronomer and co-pioneer in the 1970/80s, with Sir Fred Hoyle (1915-2001), of  the science discipline astrobiology (merging astronomy and biology).

•  
  • ".Life comes from space because life comes from life". - Brig Klyce, founder of Cosmic Ancestry. 

• "We must move forward together, as one, in a renewed spirit of fraternity and solidarity, cooperating generously
    for the common good." - Pope Francis, speaking to the United States Congress.
  •  

• "You sat high atop your mom’s shoulder and held a sign that read BUILD A WALL  AND MY GENERATION WILL TEAR IT DOWN". - Representative Joe Kennedy, III, US Congress and former Peace Corps member.

1. "Webb (James Webb Space Telescope) will be the premier observatory of the next decade, serving thousands of astronomers worldwide. It will study every phase in the history of our Universe . . ." - NASA - to be launched Spring 2019.

Intelligent life is a gift with indefinable promise and potential for empathy and compassion for the common good  (Universe forelaws, meaning and purpose) - from infinity to infinity settling the question of why the Universe, the cosmic community of intelligent life - and existence itself - exist.   

So the orange squash lied some more, showing how cool he is with Pooty poot, that they can talk hookers together.

Subject: Putin denies it

Yes, this is a genuine official comment from the Kremlin: Putin did not tell Trump Russia has the most beautiful hookers in the world, says Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov. “President Putin could not say such things and did not say it to President Trump," Peskov said.
— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) April 20, 2018

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

So the orange squash lied some more, showing how cool he is with Pooty poot, that they can talk hookers together.

LOL.

Sorry, but this is outright hillarious. You really can't make that shit up. This one of the moments where you really have to take a step back and appreciate what has objecively happened there.

So a head of state has publicly denied, that he said to another head of state, that his country has the most beautiful hookers.

I mean just replace Trump and Putin with Macron and Trudeau. You'd really wonder what on earth happened there. With the US it's just Friday.

Can you imagine that either one of them has to deny that he bragged about the beauty of the hookers in their country. If you can't, remember those are the presidents of the US and Russia.

On a more serious note. For the guys who know the US legal system a bit.

Trump cannot pardon state crimes. Right. But can he commute sentences? So can Manaford and Cohen get a out of jail card through the backdoor?

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

I'm not inclined to start these threads but I want to share something and I don't want it to get locked soon thereafter.  There was considerable discussion in the last thread about sustainability and population in the future.  Now, with an academic email address I get a lot of ridiculous stuff, but they usually at least solicit something and make some tangible sense.  Alternatively, I just got the below and I don't even know where to start.  It doesn't solicit nor really advocate.  It confounds me, and it's stream of consciousness is ultimately what makes it art.  It's from Forelaws on Board, which is apparently a thing.  Exactly what that thing is, it's up to you, but I can't help but think this is all some type of 4/20 prank.

I don't understand your confusion. It's a piece that's lamenting the pettiness of the species at current.

Life good.

Life find way.

Watch Jurassic Park.

3 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I don't understand your confusion. It's a piece that's lamenting the pettiness of the species at current.

The fact you can make sense out of it just furthers my belief it is jobbled bullshit.

6 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

The fact you can make sense out of it just furthers my belief it is jobbled bullshit.

See, you stupid! Just stop being smart for five minutes and shit starts to make sense.

Like the pee pee tape. I saw it.

And now I can't see anything. It's a good thing I have such excellent typing skills since I'm basing everything on the f and h keys.

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

O come on.  That's a typical conversation at an SF convention among the learned gentlemen of certain self-complacent complexion  -- at least some years ago when people still quoted writers (Isaac Asimov -- dead give-away) -- and several generations still talk like that.  

1 hour ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

And now I can't see anything. It's a good thing I have such excellent typing skills since I'm basing everything on the f and h keys.

:D

12 minutes ago, Zorral said:

O come on.  That's a typical conversation at an SF convention among the learned gentlemen of certain self-complacent complexion  -- at least some years ago when people still quoted writers (Isaac Asimov -- dead give-away) -- and several generations still talk like that. 

Yeah, I'd have no idea about that.  Even if I did, the writing of the email is structured in such a way it expects you to know all this outlandish shit.  That's what I thought was so ludicrous about it.

4 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Did you eat those Brownies Jace sent you? Abort eating, abort!

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Did you eat those Brownies Jace sent you? Abort eating, abort!

12 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Dark have been my dreams of late...

5 hours ago, Notone said:

LOL.

Sorry, but this is outright hillarious. You really can't make that shit up. This one of the moments where you really have to take a step back and appreciate what has objecively happened there.

So a head of state has publicly denied, that he said to another head of state, that his country has the most beautiful hookers.

I mean just replace Trump and Putin with Macron and Trudeau. You'd really wonder what on earth happened there. With the US it's just Friday.

Can you imagine that either one of them has to deny that he bragged about the beauty of the hookers in their country. If you can't, remember those are the presidents of the US and Russia.

You don't even need to read tabloids to find politics funny anymore. The Washington Post looks like The Sun these days.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/04/20/when-did-trump-and-putin-talk-about-hookers/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.037d5c5643a6

6 hours ago, dmc515 said:

I'm not inclined to start these threads but I want to share something and I don't want it to get locked soon thereafter.  There was considerable discussion in the last thread about sustainability and population in the future.  Now, with an academic email address I get a lot of ridiculous stuff, but they usually at least solicit something and make some tangible sense.  Alternatively, I just got the below and I don't even know where to start.  It doesn't solicit nor really advocate.  It confounds me, and it's stream of consciousness is ultimately what makes it art.  It's from Forelaws on Board, which is apparently a thing

That website is so 1998...

But yeah, I think the date is a clue here.

Archived