US Politics: House of the Rising Sun

DMC

14 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

I suppose I should feel touched.  For whatever reason, articles from 'The Federalist' keep turning up on my Facebook.  Annoyed at the distorted views, I took to responding.  One set of these articles I responded kept going on about wasteful democratic spending and praising the virtues of libertarian oriented conservative finance.  I pointed out that debt actually went down under democratic administrations, and backed it up with links. 

Then this piece popped up in the 'opinion' section of the MSNBC site.  I'm wondering if my responses or somebody else's hit a nerve.  

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/no-republican-presidents-aren’t-responsible-for-most-of-america’s-debt/ar-AAw0yAi?ocid=msnclassic

Basically, they admitted that yes, presidents do inherit debt and obligations from prior administrations (something they previously ignored) but also claim that the main reason for debt reduction under democratic presidents has to do with GOP controlled congresses holding the purse strings. 

They continuously have articles on Yahoo calling out to me. I blame you people for sullying my cache.

Last week they had one titled 'Your Kind (Christians) Aren't Welcome Here!'

Whenever they bring their token female out onto CNN I have to silence the volume lest I get whiplash from her libertarian idiocy.

14 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Looks like Romney hit a minor (?) speed bump in his quest to become one of Utah's senators:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mitt-romney-fails-to-secure-utah-gop-nomination-will-face-primary/ar-AAwahEY?ocid=ob-fb-enus-580

awww, nuthin' is easy for our dear Mittens.

Neo-Nazi Counterprotesters Met by Aggressive Militarized Police Force in Georgia

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/neo-nazi-counterprotesters-met-by-aggressive-military-police-force-in-newnan-georgia.html

In the end, it was much ado about nothing as mere dozens of people showed up to celebrate Adolf Hitler’s birthday and they were far outnumbered by hundreds of counterprotesters. But the town got ready for the event with a massive militarized police presence and it seems the approximately 700 law enforcement officers who were on hand were eager to do something so they quickly turned attention to the people who had gathered to protest Nazis. At least 10 were arrested.

Bob Corker just drowned on air.

Dana Bash (filling in for Jake tapper) : Senator, why is Marsha Blackburn a better option than the Democratic candidate to take your seat in Tennessee?

Corker: Well I think the most important vote, Tennessee is a red state, and I think the most important vote is the first vote for Speaker...

Dana Bash: That's not exactly a ringing endorsement, Senator. Especially considering the context of you being friends with the Democratic candidate.

Corker: Well, I mean. Er, look. I've supported her and I've made that clear and I donated the maximum to her campaign.... -incomprehensible drowning sounds-

That's not even an exaggerated recollection. Maybe not word for word but pretty close.

The midterms are now officially Christmas. I'm sooo excited, but I grew up in a broken home so I'm also just terrified that mom's gonna light the tree on fire.

3 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Some pics from a "lighting" even held afterwards. Which is certainly one word for it.

20 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Some pics from a "lighting" even held afterwards. Which is certainly one word for it.

It's like they don't even understand that Nazism was a political movement possessed of ideological triggers. 

Worshiping Nazis is like worshiping the Whig party, but stupider because you don't know why you're doing it.

There's nothing special or cute about racism either, so in all their little gatherings are doomed to wither at the stalk.

That these cretins have only the likes of Richard Spencer to 'promote' their brand is a symptom of the rotten heart around which their hateful gangs suppurate. 

-Assorted musings on Nazis

2 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Bob Corker just drowned on air.

Dana Bash (filling in for Jake tapper) : Senator, why is Marsha Blackburn a better option than the Democratic candidate to take your seat in Tennessee?

Corker: Well I think the most important vote, Tennessee is a red state, and I think the most important vote is the first vote for Speaker...

Dana Bash: That's not exactly a ringing endorsement, Senator. Especially considering the context of you being friends with the Democratic candidate.

Corker: Well, I mean. Er, look. I've supported her and I've made that clear and I donated the maximum to her campaign.... -incomprehensible drowning sounds-

That's not even an exaggerated recollection. Maybe not word for word but pretty close.

The midterms are now officially Christmas. I'm sooo excited, but I grew up in a broken home so I'm also just terrified that mom's gonna light the tree on fire.

Here's the video.

2 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

It's like they don't even understand that Nazism was a political movement possessed of ideological triggers. 

Worshiping Nazis is like worshiping the Whig party, but stupider because you don't know why you're doing it.

There's nothing special or cute about racism either, so in all their little gatherings are doomed to wither at the stalk.

That these cretins have only the likes of Richard Spencer to 'promote' their brand is a symptom of the rotten heart around which their hateful gangs suppurate. 

-Assorted musings on Nazis

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

6 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Make no mistake, lots of people in that town quietly support them and their views.Those neo nazis don't pick towns at random to hold their rallies at. They pick towns they know will support them, either a silent solidarity from the comort of their homes, or through the use of police violence like yesterday. 

Cops are nothing more than a militarized occupying force at war with its people, and they are protectors of de facto white supremacy, which is what we live in. And they certainly help enable these dickheads to come out and hold their rallies. 

Listen to how ridiclous these fucks were in Georgia. They arrested anti fascists for having bandanas covering their faces (a way to protect your identity from fascists who will try and find out where you live and harm you), confiscated water bottles and ballons, but allowed people to cary guns. They citied anti klan laws against anti fascists and anti racists as to why they were detaining them for covering their faces, as they protected neo nazis who historically developed their ideology from klan ideology. 

So very disappointing to read some of the "below the fold" articles that illustrate to me that ordinary consumers and working class people are continually trampled on when the elected reps think their betrayals will go unnoticed. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-wall-street-steal-cars_us_5ada52d5e4b01c279db45991

And we have jackshit for alternatives, our picks are one group that will sell us out by bits and pieces, or the other group that blatantly works to exploit us 90% of the time.

1 hour ago, Sword of Doom said:

Make no mistake, lots of people in that town quietly support them and their views.Those neo nazis don't pick towns at random to hold their rallies at. They pick towns they know will support them, either a silent solidarity from the comort of their homes, or through the use of police violence like yesterday. 

Cops are nothing more than a militarized occupying force at war with its people, and they are protectors of de facto white supremacy, which is what we live in. And they certainly help enable these dickheads to come out and hold their rallies. 

Listen to how ridiclous these fucks were in Georgia. They arrested anti fascists for having bandanas covering their faces (a way to protect your identity from fascists who will try and find out where you live and harm you), confiscated water bottles and ballons, but allowed people to cary guns. They citied anti klan laws against anti fascists and anti racists as to why they were detaining them for covering their faces, as they protected neo nazis who historically developed their ideology from klan ideology. 

Try imagining what your existence would be like if there were no police officers around to protect you from actual criminals.

1 hour ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Try imagining what your existence would be like if there were no police officers around to protect you from actual criminals.

Do you have zero understanding of other people's experiences in this country or are you intentionally that fucking obnoxious?

try imagining an existense where you exercised critical thinking before posting.

these particular police are aiding white supremists. and you want to come in with that limp nonsense. 

these people endorse a white nation and see themselves as better than other races.  and they are being protected by the police. 

think long and hard about that.

Imagine how many more people of color would be alive if cops didn't exist. 

Imagine how white supremacy would be not be upheld by the state with an armed domestic military force not keeping it in place.

Imagine how many corrupt companies couldn't hide behind that same force when they fuck over the general public. 

Police officers are terrible people that stop very little crime from actually happening, they just sometimes pick up the pieces and other times create more crime themselves. 

Imagine if this country actually addressed conditions that create crime instead of just trying to use brute force to fix it? 

No cop has ever protected me from anything, but I have sure as shit seen them instigate violence quite a lot and been threatened by them even when just walking by a protest.

Just remember, Cops and Klan, hand in hand.

22 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

try imagining an existense where you exercised critical thinking before posting.

these particular police are aiding white supremists. and you want to come in with that limp nonsense. 

these people endorse a white nation and see themselves as better than other races.  and they are being protected by the police. 

think long and hard about that.

Perhaps you shouldn't  engage  in knee-jerk  responses to comment don't like and do a little critical thinking yourself ? This country fucked up  not just because the police.  

16 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Imagine how many more people of color would be alive if cops didn't exist. 

Imagine how white supremacy would be not be upheld by the state with an armed domestic military force not keeping it in place.

Imagine how many corrupt companies couldn't hide behind that same force when they fuck over the general public. 

Police officers are terrible people that stop very little crime from actually happening, they just sometimes pick up the pieces and other times create more crime themselves. 

Imagine if this country actually addressed conditions that create crime instead of just trying to use brute force to fix it? 

No cop has ever protected me from anything, but I have sure as shit seen them instigate violence quite a lot and been threatened by them even when just walking by a protest.

You need to start seeing past the paranoid.  everything is a conspiracy point of view you have . 

For heaven sakes Doom, wake up.

Archived