US Politics: House of the Rising Sun

DMC

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

It's like jumping off a tall building. 60th floor.. so far so good... 59th floor... still ok, 58 floor... still good... 

Just over a year in and no charges or convictions...still good.

Sooner or later , he'll get the bottom of things ! :D

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Try and remember that time you reassured a person fearing Nazi persecution on this very board that Nazis would never be more than a fringe presence. What a pathetic act you are.

Dante, when it comes rants , you really don't have what it takes.  :)

16 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Dante, when it comes rants , you really don't have what it takes.  :)

10 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Doom with all due respect , you really should wake up.

Meh, this trolling is weaksauce.  Try harder. 

7 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

There comes a point when I weary of having to make retorts like this  . I really don't like to hurt peoples feelings and that is the truth .:(

Then the answer is simple:  Make. Better. Posts. 

If you want to argue that there's a significant contingent of the country that doesn't want Democrats back in power, do so.  Cite some articles or articulate your own thoughts or (preferably) both.  Just stating it and then nothing else is wasting everyone's time.  Just like your one line comebacks to Dante and Doom, both of whom have spent a great deal more effort articulating their positions than you have.  Do better. 

You'll have to take my word, but I want you to do better.  I like having non-liberal viewpoints in the US Politics thread.  But only if they're actually providing a viewpoint, not just a long string of pithy one liners.

46 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Doom with all due respect , you really should wake up.

I am awake, that's why I'm not a bootlicking spineless little fence sitter like yourself.

I don't pass off neo nazis and white supremacists as just little fringe groups when they have people running for office, already in office, some in the white house, through out law enforcement, within the justice system as DA's and judges, controling the banking system and deciding who gets what loan how much interest etc, and also in the education system with the power to pass or fail kids and ruin or help their future. 

We live in de facto white supremacy. A black president being elected once in the centuries this country has existed under the name United States doesn't change how bigoted this country is. Cops are rooted in this, they also want to help maintain the status quo. And when you live in a bigoted nation, bigotry is a part of the status quo. 

Sorry you're too privelleged to grasp this and pop the bubble that is your safe little world view.

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Not a lot of primaries have happened yet, I'm basing it on articles like this about an Arizona Primary race.

This WaPo piece "Loyalty to Trump emerges as a top issue in Republican primary campaign commercials" summarizes it happening across the country in both debates and commercials.  It cites races in Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, South Carolina, Indiana, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, North Carolina, and New Jersey.  Pledging fealty to Trump is widespread in the Republican primary races, and that means that we should expect Republican officeholders in 2019 to be more, not less, deferential to Trump. 

Sorry, I can't read Washington Post because I don't pay for it.

But I guess it remains to be seen if there really is a difference in the primaries where those perceived as being "less loyal to Trump" lose. There is still a chance those campaign commercials won't work. 

9 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

I am awake, that's why I'm not a bootlicking spineless little fence sitter like yourself.

I don't pass of neo nazis and white supremacists as just little fringe groups when they have people running for office, already in office, and some in the white house. 

We live in de facto white supremacy. A black president being elected once in the centuries this country has existed under the name United States doesn't change how bigoted this country is. Cops are rooted in this, they also want to help maintain the status quo. And when you live in a bigoted nation, bigotry is a part of the status quo. 

Sorry you're too privelleged to grasp this and pop the bubble that is your safe little world view.

Doom if I might make a observation ,  I think your point of view is a little bit too one sided with regard to cops.  

As to how bigoted this country is answer  this question . Do you think Amerca is less bigoted and less prejudiced then it was in the  18th and 19th century ? 

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Thats not me Doom.

You very much are. You've made some nazi apologist comments back in August after Charlottesville and agreed with the both sides comments by Trump and ignored the fasle equivlance in comparing a group of fascists that want to commit ethnic cleansing to get their white ethno state / aryan nation to a group that wants to activelly combat that and stop them from ever being in numerous positions of power to implement that genocide.

1 minute ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Doom if I might make a observation ,  I think your point of view is a little bit too one sided with regard to cops.  

As to how bigoted this country is answer  this question . Do you think Amerca is less bigoted and less prejudiced then it was in the  18th and 19th century ? 

And I think you see cops through a thick haze of white privellege and have very little friends of color and don't see how people of color are treated by cops. 

Being more prejudiced back then doesn't mean it is not still extremely prejudice and problematic now. When slavery ended that didn't end bigotry. We still had Jim Crow laws in place, and when those ended, bigotry still didn't go away and segregation still exists today. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/16/segregation-us-neighborhoods-reasons

Racism is just less overt than it was then. Instead of lynchings and hanging black people from a tree, white people just call cops or shoot black people themselves and say they feared for their lives.

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Sorry, I can't read Washington Post because I don't pay for it.

But I guess it remains to be seen if there really is a difference in the primaries where those perceived as being "less loyal to Trump" lose. There is still a chance those campaign commercials won't work. 

Well, the article is more pointing out that the primaries aren't so much Trumpism vs establishment (which was the dynamic in 2016), but several candidates trying to outdo one another in being more pro-Trump.  Like in the AZ Congressional district that I quoted, the three frontrunners are all vehemently pro-Trump, and therefore we don't have to wait for the primary to occur to know we'll get someone determined to support the President. 

There are a few establishment vs Pro-Trump races we've seen since Trump won reelection.  The AL Senate primary definitely picked the most Pro-Trump candidate in Moore, in spite of Trump's tepid endorsement of Strange.  Likewise Saccone claimed he was "Trump before Trump was" in PA-18, although I don't know how much his pro-Trump attitude helped him win the primary.  The Pro-Trump Stewart narrowly lost the VA governor's nomination to Republican establishment candidate Ed Gillespie in 2017, in spite of having far less name recognition and financial support.  Gillespie then went on to run a much more Trumpist campaign in the 2017 general than people expected, although it's debateable whether that helped or hurt him, since he lost badly to Northam. 

Alright guys, I've had it. Belligerent Jace is going to do what it takes for balance. The Jedi, the Sith, let's burn it all down...

@Sword of Doom You're  a violence obsessed wannabe freedom fighter who lacks the internal review processes required to acknowledge that violence in the face of Nazis is still scary to cowards. 

@Maithanet You seal feeding fool. The Washingtons are better off with Alex Smith, mark my words. Kirk Cousins was a liberal cuck who wanted to put his own concerns about the wealthy. Dan Snyder is a self-made man who wants to fight for the forgotten white man and protect the minorities from their own Black Crime. That guy at that Waffle House? He wouldn't have been able to fight the bad guy with the gun unless President Trump had been decreasing something obscure that I can draw non-existent connections to.

@TrueMetis I've never actually read Ayn Rand because reading is for rich people and I know my place in the dirt, no man wants to hire a mouthy little shit like me to be his brood mare, but austerity is the only answer. The super-rich need more money so that they can establish new interpersonal norms that are independent of the oppressive and unwashed masses. Remember, Libertarian means that you believe in only yourself as capable of achieving anything and anyone you take into your 'social' umbrella is effectively a resource you've decided to abide. I know your first instinct is to accuse these superior Libertarian beings of having the mental capacity of a six year old who is unable to assimilate into class without rubbing his dick in the pencil shavings and a worldview that consists mostly of seeming random shards of outdated ideologies and Hemmingway lines.

@Morpheus I'm running out of gas here, give me a break. But the liberal democrats continuously preach 'equality' but use the equity of voting to demand 'rights' for non-sovereign citizens. Head shape, eugenics, dog breeding. Bulldogs are deformed monsters that struggle to live from the moment their born. They don't make those noises because they're funny, they do it 'cause they can't breathe.  And that kind of fake science is something or something, give me a more straightforward issue to take on guys, I'm ready for this.

If the Sea Lions and bots aren't up to the job, I'll nail myself to a fucking cross just for laughs.

4 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

Alright guys, I've had it. Belligerent Jace is going to do what it takes for balance. The Jedi, the Sith, let's burn it all down...

@Sword of Doom You're  a violence obsessed wannabe freedom fighter who lacks the internal review processes required to acknowledge that violence in the face of Nazis is still scary to cowards. 

@Maithanet You seal feeding fool. The Washingtons are better off with Alex Smith, mark my words. Kirk Cousins was a liberal cuck who wanted to put his own concerns about the wealthy. Dan Snyder is a self-made man who wants to fight for the forgotten white man and protect the minorities from their own Black Crime. That guy at that Waffle House? He wouldn't have been able to fight the bad guy with the gun unless President Trump had been decreasing something obscure that I can draw non-existent connections to.

@TrueMetis I've never actually read Ayn

@Morpheus I'm running out of gas here, give me a break. But the liberal democrats continuously preach 'equality' but use the equity of voting to demand 'rights' for non-sovereign citizens. Head shape, eugenics, dog breeding. Bulldogs are deformed monsters that struggle to live from the moment their born. They don't make those noises because they're funny, they do it 'cause they can't breathe.  And that kind of fake science is something or something, give me a more straightforward issue to take on guys, I'm ready for this.

If the Sea Lions and bots aren't up to the job, I'll nail myself to a fucking cross just for laughs.

I think you mis@‘d me here

Just now, Morpheus said:

I think you mis@‘d me here

There's no connective tissue between my nonsensical Trump loyalty and whatever your opinion is.

You are the evil cuck dem opposition. I am the hero of my own tale, which is insignificant compared to Mr. Trump's wealth both real and imagined!

Archived