What's Littlefinger's interest in House Florent?

Maximus Greyjoy

What makes you think Littlefinger has any interest in house Florent, I couldn't come up with any reason (well some really bad crackpot sprouted but I suppressed that in time). Hell, even house Tyrell seemed more of a means to an end than an actual plan of Littlefinger. He has no interaction with house Hightower whatsoever (except Alerie maybe but I guess he never dealt directly with her either.

So... could you specify your question?

7 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I'm not even sure why House Florent effects house Hightower in a negative way.  The Hightowers are sheltering a Florent.

Well, that in itself is a questionable thing. The Hightowers take in a declared traitor and attainted lord whose family is the ancient rival of House Tyrell. There’s some kind of tension between the two houses, just not sure what exactly it is.

15 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Leyton Hightower is currently married to Rhea Florent.

There's this, and the old Florent line about "having a stronger line of descent from Garth".

I'd imagine LF would have an interest in the Hightowers - wouldn't be surprised if he allied with them at some point.

LF's interest in the Florents could also help with his Tyrell dealing - if he and Olenna are truly allies then LF helping the Florents could help prop up the Reach in general. Then, Petyr could also be planning to depose of the Roses and install the Foxes as rulers of the Breadbasket.

Archived