The Frey civil war.

Maximus Greyjoy

4 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

i never said its impossible, i said its very unlikely.

really? let me quote you below. 

On 4/24/2018 at 8:07 AM, Euron Lannister said:

also the others as an overall evil isn't really what george would write about

This is what I meant about rereading what was posted and why the written word is important. see what I did here? 

4 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

i reread every post of you and i don't know what you think i missed. thats why i asked, but again just an empty phrase

I had explained that I had watched a few of PJ's videos all the way through and the common theme in them is that he spins outlandish "theories" that sound well and good on the surface, but if you actually dig into them you see they only work because he makes a major leap or assumption that the entire theory is based on. This one in particular. The leap in this one is that the vale will go to war with a particular frey faction to take the twins on their behalf.

6 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

i named it over and over, do't speak big about me missing something when you doesn't seem to be able to remember a discussion. the post i made was not about PJ it was about the weakbased, but based, jaqem bloodraven theory i gave you as an example for a base that is weak but still a base, although i don't belive in it.

The whole point is that weak bases are not bases due to their weakness. PJ makes a number of assumptions that are not based on anything that happens in the books. The biggest one is that the vale will go to war over a frey family dispute. 

8 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

your behaviour will limit your ability to appreciate TWOW when its out. its still true, no matte what you said before

Again, you are grasping a straws here. 

yes we were, but critical thinking only works if one can see bases, one doesn't want o see, cause they work against one's exeptions

Critical thinking works weather there are is a basis for a theory or not. critical thinking is how you pick out the major flaw in a theory. Critical thinking works regardless of weather you want a theory to work or you do not. 

you can speak about spoken text point by point aswell, especially when its recorded, thats why i hate this forum arrogance

It isn't arrogance. It is the ability to go over something line by line regardless of the listening ability or language ability of the person 

not every time tho

correct, but the vast majority of non-elective classes are taught with a text book. If you went to school you would not be arguing this 

you and others are hating PJ and others because the theories or speculations are far fetched, but still none of his theories can be proven wrong since there wasn't much new material since he started

The inability to prove a negative is not the same as proof positive. By that logic, you should support the theory that the great other is the bastard child of megatron and optimus prime. 

Well thats right, but humans would i they could. raising a dead army and bringing cold weather is just a weapon of the others.

but they don't/can't. That is why humans are not the big bad. Many humans are evil in the story, but not the ultimate evil 

like humans are able to set a country on fire or using warged animals

Again, scale. it is relevant. 

and well we doesn't even know if they bring the cold intentional or if its just an effect of their body which they can't turn off

That does not matter. They are killing every human and animal they find. not even Tywin did that 

for example when the europeans came to america they brought plagues, which killed most of the american natives, without knowing the have this plagues with them because their bodies were immune to them.

Seeing how they invaded before and the war life of westeros built a wall 300 miles wide and 700 feet tall to stop them from coming again, your argument is invalid. They tried to destroy all life once before. Why is it just a mistake now? 

but is that enough to blame a whole species as an overall evil while we only know about some who did it.

Yes, especially if you take into account that they tried all of this before. unless you subscribe to a theory that everything in the histories is a scam. that is pretty common here 

also the question: are dragons then annother big bad for you?

nope. dragons are a weapon, and there are so few of them

it makes a lot of sense, but agai you don't want to see it.

family lineage and characteristics are very important. Freys are untrustworthy. There is no reason to think the clan fighting each other for control of the family seat will be any different

9 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

not when the rival family members are dead, or at the wall, or with the silent sisters, or even given into slavery.

This is another leap you made. wiping out an entire family is tough business. Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon are still alive despite all the efforts to wipe them out. The frey family is huge. do you somehow think it will be easier to take out walder's brood? 

On 4/27/2018 at 11:39 AM, Euron Lannister said:

i'm sorry, english is not my mothertongue and my little sister did pour tea over my keybord, but well... you are nothing better.

I left this out of the last reply at the request of the mod, but since you refuse to heed them, I will comment. 
communication is difficult. Regardless if it is written or spoken. Since this is a written forum, it makes communication between everyone if tools like spell and grammar checkers are used. it is a simple tool that helps remove confusion. your refusal to use said tools make very little sense to me unless you wish to be obtuse on purpose 

56 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

really? let me quote you below

I didn't say its impossible. i said its normally not what he writes about, which means i think its very unlikely but not impossible.

58 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

The whole point is that weak bases are not bases due to their weakness. PJ makes a number of assumptions that are not based on anything that happens in the books. The biggest one is that the vale will go to war over a frey family dispute. 

based on their connection to them and due to their other interests in the riverlands, like dealing with a ati-LF scheming emmon frey or claimung Riverrun for sweetrobin's kin, makes it possible, its easier to go for Riverrun if you fight only half of the freys and have the other half on your sides than fighting them as a whole.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Critical thinking works weather there are is a basis for a theory or not. critical thinking is how you pick out the major flaw in a theory. Critical thinking works regardless of weather you want a theory to work or you do not. 

you said that over and over, but weak bases are still bases

The inability to prove a negative is not the same as proof positive. By that logic, you should support the theory that the great other is the bastard child of megatron and optimus prime. 

where the hell did i talk about support, i'm only saying that hatin them is silly as long as there is nothing that can be proven wrong

It isn't arrogance. It is the ability to go over something line by line regardless of the listening ability or language ability of the person 

i don't see a problem to go over a spoken and recorded text line by line

correct, but the vast majority of non-elective classes are taught with a text book. If you went to school you would not be arguing this

i was in a school for 13 years, and in every kind of lesson, besides sports, there was a teacher in front of the class who spoke to us and we spoke with him, reading text books was at max 40%

Again, scale. it is relevant.

nope. dragons are a weapon, and there are so few of them

how many others were there so far? also not that many

but they don't/can't.

thoros can tho

That does not matter.

it does, if they can't turn of the cold effect of their bodies, you can't blame them for it.

Yes, especially if you take into account that they tried all of this before. unless you subscribe to a theory that everything in the histories is a scam. that is pretty common here 

the history is not scam, but written out of the perspective of humans and later maesters.

and the stories about the others aren't even written, most of the time they were transported mouth to mouth, which changes a story over time.

for example when a farmer from the southern riverlands would write about the mountin, he would be presented as the devil, but when a western noble writes about him he would be a hero of war.

so if now humans write about the others they are presented as overall evil guys, but who knows how they see themselves, or even, how craster sees them, after all, he was never attacked afawk.

There is no reason to think the clan fighting each other for control of the family seat will be any different

at least that their numbers, which means possibilities, would be much smaller, so their treason would become 1. more unliely and 2. easier to beat down and 3. the still owe them something, so at least the current generation should be silent

wiping out an entire family is tough business.

ok lets say, most of them would be dead or in a position without claims, and others would be somewhere else, but not in charge, nor would they have many opportunities to come in charge again.

tools like spell and grammar checkers are used. it is a simple tool that helps remove confusion. your refusal to use said tools make very little sense to me unless you wish to be obtuse on purpose 

i simply hate such tools, at least the ones i know. also i want to get better with my grammar and spelling and when i always use a tool, which says me what's wrong, I will not become better at seeing it myself.

back in school i was very good in english, but i haven't used it in years, and i want to become as good as i was back then. and therefore i refuse to use such tools.

24 minutes ago, Euron Lannister said:

I didn't say its impossible. i said its normally not what he writes about, which means i think its very unlikely but not impossible.

I can't continue this discussion if you deny what you wrote after I quote what you have written back to you. It is so incredibly immature I am at a loss.  I appreciate that you are trying to improve your english and I wish you luck with that.

Archived