Is Dany going to sack more cities?

Gendarrion

I don't know if this became a topic before.
Dany is currently at war with Xaro and Qarth while the Ser Barristan made an offer with Tattered Prince concerning Pentos.  Tolos, New Ghis, Volantis and other Slaver cities in the jade sea is in a open war against her as well, if she manage beat their forces Meereen, do you guys think she will march to take these cities?

17 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I would think she's not going east of Slavers Bay again. The two most likely cities for a nice sacking in my opinion would be Volantis and Pentos. 

I agree.

The whole slavery thing would probably be enough for Dany to want to sack the city of Volantis, but she may also have other thing of interest in the first Valyrian outpost. If Dany gets into the whole "Fire and Blood" thing as much as many theorise, I'd say there would be a case for her attempting to breach the Black Walls of Volantis.

As the Mother of Dragons, Dany might have stronger dragon related emotions than anyone else since the Doom. Assuming the scions of The Old Blood really do have some precious dragon related items or lore behind the Walls, Dany might want to have a look. Again, assuming she takes the whole "Fire and Blood" ideology to heart, I wouldn't be surprised if Dany declared herself "the rightful empress of Valyria" and made a play for Volantis.

Pentos would be a good choice too, due to Illyrio's involvement in Dany's marriage, and possibly Barristan's promise to the Tattered Prince.

How about Lys? Famous for their bed-slaves, the tropical paradise sounds like the kind of place Dany would take issue with.

Also, being that Dany doesn't have any other Valyrian related people in her life at the moment, should she ever see the amount if silver-haired, purple eyed slaves in Lys, I'd imagine she might take it as a personal slight. An army of freed slaves from Valyrian stock could also have it's uses for a woman who plans to conquer Westeros.

However, I'm not sure how time constraints over the next two books might play into Dany's next movements. 

50 minutes ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

lso, being that Dany doesn't have any other Valyrian related people in her life at the moment, should she ever see the amount if silver-haired, purple eyed slaves in Lys, I'd imagine she might take it as a personal slight. An army of freed slaves from Valyrian stock could also have it's uses for a woman who plans to conquer Westeros.

Slave owners and slaves both are from Valyrian stock.

Founders of Braavos include Valyrian slaves also.

1 hour ago, Gendarrion said:

Dany is currently at war with Xaro and Qarth while the Ser Barristan made an offer with Tattered Prince concerning Pentos.  Tolos, New Ghis, Volantis and other Slaver cities in the jade sea is in a open war against her as well, if she manage beat their forces Meereen, do you guys think she will march to take these cities?

she will probably use the iron fleet that vic is sailing to mereen as transport back to westeros 

I've said it a few times on here but I think Dany attacking Pentos is a no brainer.

Barristan swore that she'd deliver Pentos to the Tattered Prince. She's going to have to choose between dishonouring one friend or betraying another. Except Tyrion is in Meereen now and he knows that Illyrio has been using and manipulating her for years, if not her entire life. When she finds out she and her brother were just a distraction, and that Illyrio has been backing someone else this whole time, she's going to be pissed.

The interesting thing is that Aegon won't know any of this. He'll just see "The Mad Queen" attacking his benefactor, who has been nothing but kind to her. He'll feel obligated to try and stop her. It'll be even more cruel if he's married to Arianne because Quentyn obligated Dorne to take Pentos as well so Doran will have to choose between betraying his daughter or dishonouring his dead son.

1 hour ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

I agree.

The whole slavery thing would probably be enough for Dany to want to sack the city of Volantis, but she may also have other thing of interest in the first Valyrian outpost. If Dany gets into the whole "Fire and Blood" thing as much as many theorise, I'd say there would be a case for her attempting to breach the Black Walls of Volantis.

As the Mother of Dragons, Dany might have stronger dragon related emotions than anyone else since the Doom. Assuming the scions of The Old Blood really do have some precious dragon related items or lore behind the Walls, Dany might want to have a look. Again, assuming she takes the whole "Fire and Blood" ideology to heart, I wouldn't be surprised if Dany declared herself "the rightful empress of Valyria" and made a play for Volantis.

Pentos would be a good choice too, due to Illyrio's involvement in Dany's marriage, and possibly Barristan's promise to the Tattered Prince.

How about Lys? Famous for their bed-slaves, the tropical paradise sounds like the kind of place Dany would take issue with.

Also, being that Dany doesn't have any other Valyrian related people in her life at the moment, should she ever see the amount if silver-haired, purple eyed slaves in Lys, I'd imagine she might take it as a personal slight. An army of freed slaves from Valyrian stock could also have it's uses for a woman who plans to conquer Westeros.

However, I'm not sure how time constraints over the next two books might play into Dany's next movements. 

She has seen them. We know that she has lived in or visited Braavos, Pentos, Myr, Tyrosh, Lys, and Volantis. 

2 hours ago, Gendarrion said:

My general feeling is that she will destroy all the forces at Mereen to break the siege and then leave for Westeros.  I just don't really see the time for her to do even more sacking of cities unless it's on the way back to Meereen.  We've also heard chatter of a general slave uprising...I would not be surprised if Dany destroying all the forces converging on Meereen inspires this in the slaving cities across Essos which wraps things up nice and cleanish for her to move onto Westeros.

I think her breaking Volantis fleet at Meereen will cause a chain reaction effect across slaver cities. Slaves will hear the news of Daenerys victory, and Red Priests of R’hillor will spread the word and encourage masses of people to take the matters into their own hands and change the system, considering that even armies of slaver cities consist of slaves, and I doubt slave soldiers would want to spill the blood of other slaves trying to stop the revolution.

2 hours ago, Gendarrion said:

Her fight is mainly in Slaver's Bay, not anywhere else. She will return to Mereen to get her dragons, and then she may march onto another slaver city. I highly doubt she has any reason to lay siege to Pentos. If Dany does become very powerful, the Pentosi, being pragmatic traders, would bend the knee. But there's Illyrio and his plot in Pentos, so it may not be a case of going to war. 

I think the slavery system would be done for good under her. That would mean serious upheavals for cities that depend on the flesh trade. But there are other concerns here as well, such as the pale mare spreading through the cities, and arrival of Euron and his fleet. 

If Dany is the Stallion, then all of these cities would eventually cower before her. We would have to see if she would establish her own empire, or whether it would be something else. We know that she ends up in the far north somehow, so she may not really want to remain a ruler or an empress. 

51 minutes ago, UnFit Finlay said:

Barristan swore that she'd deliver Pentos to the Tattered Prince. She's going to have to choose between dishonouring one friend or betraying another. Except Tyrion is in Meereen now and he knows that Illyrio has been using and manipulating her for years, if not her entire life. When she finds out she and her brother were just a distraction, and that Illyrio has been backing someone else this whole time, she's going to be pissed.

It's a promise Barristan makes, not Dany. Also, Dany has always distrusted Illyrio. If Tyrion reveals Illyrio's plot to her, she would be the least surprised person in the room. If she remembers her Undying visions, then she'd know that Aegon is fAgeon. Or at least, free fAegeon from Illyrio's control. 

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Slave owners and slaves both are from Valyrian stock.

Founders of Braavos include Valyrian slaves also.

I think the fact that the slave owners are technically her distant relatives would piss her off even more, given her anti-slavery campaign over the last two years.

37 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

She has seen them. We know that she has lived in or visited Braavos, Pentos, Myr, Tyrosh, Lys, and Volantis. 

Yeah, but the frightened, voiceless girl that visited these cities is vastly different to the Mother of Dragons/Breaker of Chains.

Again, with her current ideology, I wonder if Dany would feel personally slighted that dragon blooded slavers were chaining up their fellow Valyrians.

If she really is the "Mother of Dragons", perhaps that sentiment also extends to the many purple eyed people who find themselves shackled. 

10 minutes ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

I think the fact that the slave owners are technically her distant relatives would piss her off even more, given her anti-slavery campaign over the last two years.

Yeah, but the frightened, voiceless girl that visited these cities is vastly different to the Mother of Dragons/Breaker of Chains.

Again, with her current ideology, I wonder if Dany would feel personally slighted that dragon blooded slavers were chaining up their fellow Valyrians.

If she really is the "Mother of Dragons", perhaps that sentiment also extends to the many purple eyed people who find themselves shackled. 

Her ancestors were slave owners as well, do you see her burning Dragonstone because of that? For all you say, it would just be a monument of slavers to her.

Do cities in the Seven Kingdoms count?

But it was not the plains Dany saw then. It was King's Landing and the great Red Keep that Aegon the Conqueror had built. It was Dragonstone where she had been born. In her mind's eye they burned with a thousand lights, a fire blazing in every window. In her mind's eye, all the doors were red.

"My brother will never take back the Seven Kingdoms," Dany said. She had known that for a long time, she realized. She had known it all her life. Only she had never let herself say the words, even in a whisper, but now she said them for Jorah Mormont and all the world to hear.
They burned with a thousand lights, fire in every window and the doors all appear red because the buildings are on fire!

And admitting Viserys will never be king is the first of the three treasons she will know...

i hope so, Aegon needs more time to become a real threat to her, and i would like to see a dance of dragons with almost equal powered sites, which isn't given atm.

with sacking more cities, like elyria, tolos, newghis or volantis she would give aegon some time and would show us a bit more of the world.

i personally hope for a trip to old valyria as well

49 minutes ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

It's a promise Barristan makes, not Dany. Also, Dany has always distrusted Illyrio. If Tyrion reveals Illyrio's plot to her, she would be the least surprised person in the room. If she remembers her Undying visions, then she'd know that Aegon is fAgeon. Or at least, free fAegeon from Illyrio's control. 

Do you have quotes to show that Barristan mistrusts Illyrio? 

25 minutes ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Do cities in the Seven Kingdoms count?

They burned with a thousand lights, fire in every window and the doors all appear red because the buildings are on fire!

And admitting Viserys will never be king is the first of the three treasons she will know...

Oh, so she betrayed her brother for a crown of gold. I like it. What about the other two? 

23 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Her ancestors were slave owners as well, do you see her burning Dragonstone because of that? For all you say, it would just be a monument of slavers to her.

Well, no. All I said was that she wouldn't like the idea of Valyrian blooded people enslaving their fellow Dragons :rolleyes:

In my estimations, Dany would view Dragonstone more as the Targaryen castle, as opposed to it being simply the former Valyrian outpost. - It's the place she was born; her birthright; where her mother died; Daenys the Dreamer's refuge from the Doom; the Conqueror's pride and Balerion, Vhagar and Meraxes's chill out zone. 

However, if you want to talk Dany's opinions of the Freehold (who's slavers were the most prolific in the history of Planetos), I could certainly see the Mother of Dragons having an opinion like this;

"They ruled the world, they fucked it all up. A real Dragon shouldn't need slaves, so I will do it differently. As the only dragon-rider left, I AM VALYRIA!"

What do you think?

Archived