Things you found oddly amusing

JaneSnow

This bit from Dance, Bran III

The caves were timeless, vast, silent. They were home to more than three score living singers and the bones of thousands dead, and extended far below the hollow hill. "Men should not go wandering in this place," Leaf warned them. "The river you hear is swift and black, and flows down and down to a sunless sea. And there are passages that go even deeper, bottomless pits and sudden shafts, forgotten ways that lead to the very center of the earth. Even my people have not explored them all, and we have lived here for a thousand thousand of your man-years."

always reminds me of the Sunless Sea and the super-depressed Warden of the Earthmen in The Silver Chair (Narnia 4) going on and on with few return to the sunlit lands until even Puddleglum can't take it anymore.

51 minutes ago, Therae said:

... Sunless Sea and the super-depressed Warden of the Earthmen in The Silver Chair

Okay. It reminded me of Kubla Khan:

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree :
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

22 hours ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Indeed, but it's not just the clothes with Daario, it's the whole persona that's ridiculous. Any bloke who walks around stroking model naked ladies and boasting about all the fights and sex he's had needs pepper-spraying on general principle.

And he refers to those dolls he carries everywhere as his girlfriends. I'm pretty sure most girls would be creeped out.

I'm amused that Jaime ends up chaperoning Tommen's pyjama party with the Tyrell girls. The image of him standing there while a brunch of 12 year old girls play truth or dare. . .

The whole unsullied description. "And then they kill little dogs! And then they kill babies!".

7 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Quite, though come to think of it, I can just see my sister bringing home a bloke like that. 

:D I'd almost want one of my relatives to date a bloke like that just so I could spend christmas rolling my eyes.

I can only say again that I laughed out loud when the training method of the Unsullied was described. Such ridiculous, over-the-top villainy :P
And I found a lot of what we saw of Ramsay very entertaining, he's just so happy about being a ridiculous cartoon bad guy.

2 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

:D I'd almost want one of my relatives to date a bloke like that just so I could spend christmas rolling my eyes.

Daario: "That was a great Christmas dinner. As you know, I count no day as lived unless I have loved a woman, slain a foeman, and eaten a fine meal."

Joy Hill, rolls eyes, mutters: "What a knob."

Jon telling Stannis about the Wulls: "They fish the bay of ice and tell their children that the Ironborn will carry them away if they misbehave." 

The fact that Dagmer Cleftjaw is this monster that people tell scary stories of about the Ironborn. Old Nan tells Bran about him in her stories. 

Archived