Separating The Art From The Artist

mankytoes

1 minute ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

That seems extraordinarily fake. If they found shit like that no way would it not have been presented at the trial and no way would he not have been charged for possessing it.

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

That seems extraordinarily fake. If they found shit like that no way would it not have been presented at the trial and no way would he not have been charged for possessing it.

Yeah, but that's not what's important. I heard it on a podcast like a year ago and now I said it here.

"Post" TRUTH WORLD

fakeNEWS

Welcome to the jungle, motherfuckers!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:commie:

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Your point?

There is no point, Scot.

You must join the madness of the new alternative facts world we live in.

Stop being a boring old person.

Set aside truth and normalcy.

Abandon friends.

Find foes.

We live in a Trump America now.

There is no reality, there is only the Trumpocalypse.

2 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

There is no point, Scot.

You must join the madness of the new alternative facts world we live in.

Stop being a boring old person.

Set aside truth and normalcy.

Abandon friends.

Find foes.

We live in a Trump America now.

There is no reality, there is only the Trumpocalypse.

I don’t believe in “post-truth”.  I’m too much a Platonist for that. And you’re looking way too hard at that abyss.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I don’t believe in “post-truth”.  I’m too much a Platonist for that. And you’re looking way too hard at that abyss.

You might not want to believe it, but it's here. When you read stories from seemingly credible sources and you find yourself questioning the veracity of the claims, the truth is dead.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You might not want to believe it, but it's here. When you read stories from seemingly credible sources and you find yourself questioning the veracity of the claims, the truth is dead.

Nope.  Truth will always exist.  It has existed in conjunction with opinions for eons.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I uh, are you saying that article was credible? Or are you generalizing now?

I am super confused.

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Uh, no. Questioning the veracity of a claim from a "seemingly credible source" shows that you need more evidence than just your opinion of the source, which shows you have NOT succumbed to the "truth is dead" era. 

I completely seperate art from the artist.

Im also not completely trustful of the stories that get bandied around about celebrities so its impossible for me to judge these people personally without firsthand knowledge of their actions. Performance artists, I imagine, could be quite elaborate creating the public persona and masking their personal nature, I havent a clue what they may be like, so im nobody to judge. Im certainly not going to refuse to enjoy some music or acting based on the kind of shabby celebrity media we have in the U.S. , its probably the poorest quality journalism imagineable that writes about artists and in many cases its sensationalized or tabloid, again nothing I could really trust to be accurate.

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Im also not completely trustful of the stories that get bandied around about celebrities so its impossible for me to judge these people personally without firsthand knowledge of their actions. Performance artists, I imagine, could be quite elaborate creating the public persona and masking their personal nature, I havent a clue what they may be like, so im nobody to judge. Im certainly not going to refuse to enjoy some music or acting based on the kind of shabby celebrity media we have in the U.S. , its probably the poorest quality journalism imagineable that writes about artists and in many cases its sensationalized or tabloid, again nothing I could really trust to be accurate.

You wouldn’t judge a writer who married a know molester and allowed the molester to prey upon their children?

15 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I uh, are you saying that article was credible? Or are you generalizing now?

I am super confused.

Generalizing. If you look at the previous page, I said I found one article, the one Jace posted, and was skeptical of it.

15 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Being careful to evaluate your raw information doesn’t mean truth doesn’t exist. :)

15 hours ago, Ormond said:

Uh, no. Questioning the veracity of a claim from a "seemingly credible source" shows that you need more evidence than just your opinion of the source, which shows you have NOT succumbed to the "truth is dead" era. 

From an academic perspective, sure. But in the past I felt comfortable reading an article in a credible paper from a credible writer and talking about it as fact with a friend.  I can’t anymore. Even the people we’re supposed to trust and rely on are trying to be the first to report, not the first to accurately report. And said reporters are playing to our mob psychology. Journalism is no longer about the pursuit of reporting the truth. That’s what I mean about the post truth era.

12 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

This; I also don't follow celebrity nonsense so tend not to find out in order to make a decision.

Archived