Quick question about Targs and Sickness

LiveFirstDieLater

12 hours ago, Sea Dragon said:

and that wasn't sick like the pale mare or greyscale. She got an upset stomach. 

12 hours ago, Lollygag said:

@Sea Dragon

Where I come from, upset stomachs and bad diarrhea = sick.

I made a post two years ago titled Targaryen Immunity and it didn't take long to turn Dany Hate topic .So I am glad this issue brought back because I wanted to discuss this very issue you two mentioned. What counts as sickness. Does every ailment counts as sickness such as traumas, concussions or an upset stomach or  just diseases caused by bacterias or viruses.

21 minutes ago, Wolf of The Wall said:

I made a post two years ago titled Targaryen Immunity and it didn't take long to turn Dany Hate topic .So I am glad this issue brought back because I wanted to discuss this very issue you two mentioned. What counts as sickness. Does every ailment counts as sickness such as traumas, concussions or an upset stomach or  just diseases caused by bacterias or viruses.

Hello. I was not on this forum two years ago. Do you still have that post to share? I think there is a difference between a stomach ache from eating or drinking the wrong thing and it being different from real illness that are deadly. Danaerys is different from the other Targaryens because she can't get sick and she is not spreading disease through the river (like it seemed some posters were starting to imply earlier). She is the hero of the story and can't do that. 

Just now, Sea Dragon said:

Hello. I was not on this forum two years ago. Do you still have that post to share? I think there is a difference between a stomach ache from eating or drinking the wrong thing and it being different from real illness that are deadly. Danaerys is different from the other Targaryens because she can't get sick and she is not spreading disease through the river (like it seemed some posters were starting to imply earlier). She is the hero of the story and can't do that. 

41 minutes ago, Wolf of The Wall said:

I started thinking about this, too. The Westerosi don't understand bacteria or viruses or any modern medicine like we do so they wouldn't be able to distinguish based on those things. But the author may be creating a circumstance based on modern medicine as all readers are familiar with that knowing that the characters wouldn't understand this. So I think we should distinguish between what Viserys and Dany see as sickness being from a medieval-based world and our own modern definitions.

Archived