NFL Draft Part 2: Who HASN'T said racist things on Twitter when they were a teenager?!?

Trebla

3 hours ago, Trebla said:

So what about your guy's favorite teams? Who do you think they are going to draft TONIGHT and who do you want them to draft?

As far as my beloved Cowboys, I think they are going LB/WR/DT. Despite the release of Dez Bryant, I think linebacker is their biggest need. When Sean Lee is out, the defense collapses. They have Jaylon Smith but he is still recovering from the college injury and they seem like they want him to play the strong side this year to limit his snaps. They also now have a big hole since MLB Anthony Hitchens got a big contract from KC. The two names that may be there at #19 are Alabama's Rashaan Evans and Boise State's Leighton Vander Esch. Of the two, I think I prefer Evans but wouldn't be disappointed with Vander Esch. Dallas also has a history of drafting Boise State players and they have panned out. 

If they go receiver, it might be Alabama's Calvin Ridley, SMU's Courtland Sutton, or Maryland's DJ Moore. Of the 3, I think I'd prefer Moore because he has elite speed. I don't know if Ridley does anything really well other than route running but the Cowboys are filled with route runners who are either short or slow. Sutton has elite size but he's said to have questionable hands and seems to have the biggest bust potential.

At DT, they could go Alabama's Da'Ron Payne and Taven Bryan who look like good fits as 3-techniques in their 4-3 defense. A real darkhorse would be Washington's Vita Vea who looks like a 3-4 nose tackle but rumors are that the Cowboys are enamored with him. The buzz is that they think he's quick enough to play the 3-technique. The problem here is that they would almost definitely have to trade up get him and probably cost multiple picks which they need.

I think right now I'm hoping they pick Evans. If not, Moore or Vander Esch.

ETA: There have been rumors for months that Dallas and Seattle have been talking about a trade for Earl Thomas. Initially, the word was that Seattle wanted TWO #1 draft picks. LOL. If Dallas did that I would riot. But now the word is that Seattle would make the trade if it involved Dallas's #2 pick. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-reportedly-want-cowboys-2018-second-round-pick-as-part-of-any-trade-for-earl-thomas/

It would probably take a bit more than that: another pick and/or a player. Depending on the combination, I would say Hell Yes!

I'm hoping the boys pick a LB 1st. Any chance that Jerry feels like he has to make a splash and trade up?

I'm hoping a quality left tackle falls to the Pats, but I also hope they can swing Lamar Jackson somehow so I can send Jace his jersey. She just needs to choose: Multigenerational Dominance Blue, or Moral Purity White?

39 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I'm hoping the boys pick a LB 1st. Any chance that Jerry feels like he has to make a splash and trade up?

The buzz I hear is the one guy they would trade up for is Vita Vea. I don't think he gets past Washington at #13. 

And LMAO, like I said, Goodell has Aikman, Staubach, and even Jason Witten and they are booing his ass off. 

I have no feelings about Barkley to the Giants.

I guess I'm glad he's out of the conference?

I don't have any particular animosity towards them besides the kicker and owner, so I can enjoy rooting for Odell and Barkley. 

8 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

I have no feelings about Barkley to the Giants.

I guess I'm glad he's out of the conference?

I don't have any particular animosity towards them besides the kicker and owner, so I can enjoy rooting for Odell and Barkley. 

Le sigh. Yeah I'm not looking forward to seeing him twice a year. Hopefully Eli continues to regress and they continue to whiff on drafting o-linemen. 

Archived