Casting the Movie Continued Continued

I'm not really into this thread so I don't think my vote counts really but I just wanted to say that Mads as average is ridiculous (sp?). I can't really make up my mind if I think he's attractive or not (the fact that I keep thinking about makes me think he IS attractive) but one thing he is not is average. He has very strong facial features! Who can forget that face? So, yeah, Mads might be in there but not as the Tickler. Martin Freeman do seem very nice, but a bit dirtied up he might be great...

Well I couldn't remember if he (Hoster) was described as "big", "broad", etc. so that's why I asked. As I said in my other post I don't have another viable alternative.

F. Murray Abraham as one of the Maesters (or even a Septon) would be fine with me, even if its only a small part. I mainly just threw his name out there as he is a diverse and accomplished actor. He was excellent as an inquistor in "The Name of the Rose"

Actually I like Watanabe as Pyatt Pree, the current pictures Lyanna is using gives him the 'exotic' look I more or less pictured in my head. Even if the character is described as a 'milkman' (they can do wonders with makeup - i.e. the kid in "Powder" - though that may be a little much.)

Tysha -

I've no clue how tall those twins are from Serenity... but as to the basketball players, I think they'd work anyway. They don't have to do anything but get dressed up in armor and march next to the Lady Olenna... and there's no indication that they're likely to have lines in the future.

I agree with Maester Y we don't need proper actors for Left and Right, they don't have any lines.

Anyway, I think this kid would be a better Gendry pic Kevin Zeger is about 10 years too old! We aren't given an age for Gendry but if he is from KL then it is safe to assume that Robert sired him after taking the throne, which would make him under 13 when we first meet him. And considering Gendry's suggested love interest relationship with Arya an older looking actor would be so wrong.

Gendry is 16 so that kid looks a little too young (although his IMDb profile says he's 18!) That pic is nearly two years old though, so maybe he looks older now. Kevin Zegers is okay age wise he's just way too pretty to be Gendry. But anyway...

Tysha - Gendry is not 16! That's my point! When Ned first sees him he thinks that Gendry is about the same age as Robb, who is 14 at the time, but for the timeline to make sense Gendry must be younger than both Robb and Jon. About 13 or maybe younger.

You can trace Robert's movements from the location of his bastards. Mya at the Vale from before the war, Bella at the Peach Pit from during the war, and Gendry from after Robert took the throne.

I agree that Joe is not the perfect Gendry, but both Edric and Gendry are desribed as 'tall and broad' something that Skandar Keynes is not. But Skandar is to be Edric than we need someone who looks older and can look like a half brother.

Darcia -

You're right that, chronologically, Gendry should be younger than Robb and Jon. However, while the books state 14 as the age for Robb, we've pretty much agreed that they need to be aged up a couple of years... making Robb ~16.

Moreover, Eddard things that Gendry is about the same age. Obviously, Eddard is technically wrong... but the important thing is that he *looks* the same age as Robb. He's bigger, broader, and stronger than the average kid his own age. But he's not the average kid... he's Robert Baratheon's kid. So we need to cast a kid who *looks* like the son of Robert Baratheon, aged around 15-16 years old.

Of course, I do agree that Skandar Keynes doesn't have the Baratheon broadness that's required... that was one reason I liked him playing 'young' Rob Livingston/Benjen Stark...

Can we change Rickard back? Brian Cranston is a comedy actor and quite a few people liked Liam there...Rickard dying should mean something, not cause people to burst out laughing.

And I'm fine with those two as Ned and Kate.

And Skandar looks he part in any other way. Zegers is fine as well, we don't need to change him for Skandar

Archived