Quantum Leap style

roeh61

i would go back as the father of the blackfish. i would tell him to be the man he wants to be, and not be afraid of anyones opinion. that i would love and be proud of whatever he wanted to be.

I'd go back just to be the Blackfish, he's the man I want to be.

Wait, scratch that one.

I'd go back as Jaime, and instead of killing Aerys, I'd capture him, and hold him till Ned got there...no Kingslayer crap, no dishonor..or at least not on the level he has now.

either that or I'd go back as Rheagar, take the throne from Aerys before leaving for the Trident, and as somebody else said earlier, take Dayne with me to the battle, and send Jaime with The White Bull and Whent.

Wouldn't that still piss off Walder Frey?

No, no. You see, Dacey seems sensible enough to just smack some sense into Robb if he tried to marry her after she "comforted" him. So he would have been comforted and still be single to marry his Frey stoat and make old Walder happy.

Al:

"Sam...Sam...you've leapt into some noble lord called 'Eddard Stark'...oh, god...whatever you do, do NOT trust someone called 'Littlefinger'...talk to the guy called 'Renly' and make sure he's willing to back you up...Ziggy predicts an 87.6% chance that he'll flee King's Landing when Robert dies if you don't talk to him first! Make friends with someone called...(fiddles with his portable computer) Varys. Ziggy says you need to make sure Queen....um...'Cersei'....is dead or in prison before you can leap. You need to assume regency before anyone else tries...There's an anomoly here...someone screwing up the timestream...'Dan'...'Danes'...'Daenerys'...who's going to change everything...get out of King's Landing and head North!"

No, no. You see, Dacey seems sensible enough to just smack some sense into Robb if he tried to marry her after she "comforted" him. So he would have been comforted and still be single to marry his Frey stoat and make old Walder happy.

Ah, understood. As to the original post, I would go back to when I posted that response pretend I understood things in the first place.

I'd go back as Septa Mordane and tell Eddard to not only lock his daughters in their rooms the night before they are to leave, but to have a guard in each room to make sure no harm comes to them in case someone finds out. Or just hog tie Sansa so she can't go squeal to the Queen.

Bran, before he climbed any towers of Winterfell. However important athletic activities are such as climbing when the Lannister twins are having sex, sometimes, it's better just to pick a book and read, or go riding or listen to Old Nan stories.

"Robb, she's pretty. Yes, you slept with her. But you are betrothed to someone else, and she knew that when she climbed into your bed. Do you feel bad for her? Yes. If she has a bastard from this, should you acknowledge the child and try to provide for him/her? Absolutely. Maybe try to find Jeyne a husband among your other lords or knight? Excellent idea. But YOU CANNOT MARRY HER. YOU ARE BETROTHED TO A FREY."

"Tyrion, your idea about taking Sansa and either going back to Casterly Rock or sailing to Braavos? It's a good one. However, may I suggest that you leave before Joff's wedding? The weather would be so much nicer if you left just a couple weeks earlier."

"Cersei you should...actually, never mind. You don't have a clue what you're doing, do you? Let me drive. You're afraid I'll betray you and screw things up? Got news for you, I couldn't possibly do wose than you already have."

I just have to post this to fix this thread, because it is a great concept, but it seems not enough people understand the Quantum Leap plotline. :D

In QL, Sam "leaps" into a person who has or will have a significant effect on the history of the time, and usually has to fix a mess-up they will caus, or stop them from being killed. The point is, this thread isn't, if you could be a peasant and tell somebody somthing who would you tell. What the thread is about is, which person of relevence would you leap into and how would you change their story to fix their mess-up or prevent their death.

Also, props to you Storm's End for the AI perspective post, that was classic. :thumbsup:

I just thought of another one too: I'd want to leap into Renly right before he talks to Ned. I would swallow my pride and write to Stannis, telling him that I'm going to capture the Queen and her children for him, and try and convince Ned to help, then hold the Regency untill you (Stannis) arrive. Then after that I'd go marry Margery and make sure the wedding was consumated before the leap takes place. ;)

I'd tell Arya what names she should whisper. It would have been kinda cool if she named some one like Cersei or Tywin even Gregor or Joffrey. Silly nine year old thinking only of her own self.

but Tywin and Joff and Gregor and Cersei will or may all be dead in short order!

Also, props to you Storm's End for the AI perspective post, that was classic. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I was a huge Quantum Leap fan back in the day.

Other thoughts:

The thing about Sam Beckett was that, no matter who he leapt into, he always changed the future for the better. But in ASoIaF there are so many amoral characters and such an enormous "ripple effect" of those characters actions, it's impossible to determine wether changing any one event would make things "better". Saving Eddard's life, for example, might've caused the War of the Five Kings to go on for years and marginalized the critical roles played by Sansa and Arya, whose respective destinies can only be fulfilled if Eddard dies. Saving Bran from falling might've blown the lid off the Jaime/Cersei conspiracy and led to a Baratheon vs. Lannister bloodbath. The possibilites are endless.

Also, Sam never killed. What if he'd leapt into someone at a critical moment when a death was necessary? What if he'd leapt into Robert at the Trident seconds before he crushed Rhaegar with his warhammer? Or leapt into Jaime just before he skewers Aerys?

Funny thing is, Sam reminds me of Davos Seaworth - just a regular dude caught up in extraordinary circumstances, trying to do the right thing. What would happen if Sam became Davos?

"My Lady Catelyn, it is more important that we press on to Winterfell. There is no need for us to stay at this inn tonight."

-Ser Rodrik to Cat, before they go into the inn that Tyrion also later enters

This was the next one I was going to put in...so much caused by such small acts.

Archived