Sandor/Sansa

redcandle17

I don't think she'll end up impregnated by Sandor but by Littlefinger. Oh yeah! And that's what going to screw up Littlefinger's master plan. ;) First he won't be able to marry her to Harry the heir. Second, Sandor, jealous dog that he is, will cut his head off.

And it won't be no rape. Petyr will charm the little bird to his bed with his fine words... Remember tha last scene in SoS?

Sandor's family history with wives isn't exactly the best. IIRC he never did lay a hand on her when Joffrey was telling the KG to beat her, but he's not exactly the type that I see Sansa going goggle eyes over. No matter what LF says - turn off the lights and get it over - somethings stay when the lights go out and even get worse.

Oh, c'mon! You're saying that because Gregor killed his wives, Sandor would do the same?! As for Sansa and goggle eyes, Sandor is already the subject of her fantasies. Example, when little Robert kisses her, she tries to think of Loras Tyrell and ends up thinking of Sandor instead. I'm not saying Sansa/Sandor is the greatest romance ever, but she is as infatuated with him as he is with her.

Remember tha last scene in SoS?

Wherein Sansa was hopeful that Lysa would send her away so she'd be away from Littlefinger and little Robin?

I just can't see them actually doing the dirty deed, but if this happends will she look him in the face or will it really be what dogs do to wolves? Had to say it, sorry

:lol: Sansa is a <i>lady</i>, silly. Ladies only do missionary. :P

Wherein Sansa was hopeful that Lysa would send her away so she'd be away from Littlefinger and little Robin?

No. Wherein they had that lovely talk about *entering castles* and to doing so *gently*. Wherein she supposedly try to draw away from him(while they were kissing) but only succeeded in deepening the kiss--yeah right. That *try to draw away part* is sooo not true. Sansa has already been proven an unreliable narrator. Methinks she kissed him back! :love:

ETA: Plus: Remember she said his mouth tasted of mint? How could she know if she wasn't kissing him, eh?

Sansa has already been proven an unreliable narrator. Methinks she kissed him back!

Hmm, you've got a point there. I have no doubt Littlefinger's affection will get more intimate as time goes by, but I think he'll be smart enough to make sure it doesn't have more dire consequences than it has to. On the other hand, it's hard to know who the father is, innit...? I mean, after she's well married to Harry. Children aren't born with goatees, after all...nor burn scars...

Hmm, you've got a point there. I have no doubt Littlefinger's affection will get more intimate as time goes by, but I think he'll be smart enough to make sure it doesn't have more dire consequences than it has to. On the other hand, it's hard to know who the father is, innit...? I mean, after she's well married to Harry. Children aren't born with goatees, after all...nor burn scars...

I do have to say, I like the idea of Sansa having another man's baby when she's married. I wonder what Westeros law would be concerning that? We know that men are allowed to have their bastards without 'legal', or religious repercussions... would the same be true for women? If the faith had a double standard on this issue, it certainly wouldn't be the first religion to do so. Does anybody recall any incident in the book where a woman gave birth to a child that was a bastard (and this was public knowledge, not mere suspicion, ie: Cersei and her pack and Lyanna and Jon)?

I think Littlefinger will try to bed her at some point, but I do think he is too ambitious, smart and cautious to do it in such a way that could derail his overall goals. Despite the fact that Sansa may have (and most likely did) kiss him back, I don't think she has the same sort of feelings for him that she does for Sandor. After all, when little Robert kisses her, when Randa talks about sex, it is Sandor (and a little of Tyrion), that Sansa thinks of. Littlefinger never enters her mind on those occassions, even though he is the one who actually kissed her, not Sandor.

If she has an illicit relationship and/or an illegitmate child by either one, I think it'd more likely be Sandor, just judging from how she seems to feel about the two. After all, he has more of the qualities that Sansa is looking for in a man than Littlefinger - Sansa wants her men brave in the face of danger, able and willing to protect her, and honest - all things that Sandor is and Littlefinger is not. In fact, Littlefinger has none of the qualities Sansa looks for in man, except, perhaps, for the fact that he is decent looking.

Pah, it's obvious Sansa's infatuated with him. I think it might be the idea of him though. She either seems to link him with protection or dark kisses.

I remember in SoS how she had that kinky dream of him. You know, the one where he hopped into bed with her and asked for a song? As well, soon before that the singer had become too ardent in his advances and Littlefinger's man saved her. He had a raspy voice and for a moment Sansa was like "OMG it's HIM! Oh wait, couldn't be. Damn it." As well, she remembers him as a protector. He did save her from getting beaten and gangraped after all. He also never lied to her even when the truth was brutal. I think Sansa values this a lot more at the present state of things, as everybody lies to her.

Whoever said Sansa is a fangirl hit it right on the dot. She is. A song and a sob get turned into a feirce, steamy kiss. Pretty soon the gal is gonna be thinking he slept with her! Ok, not quite that far, but her misrememberence is amusing. Plus, it's rather common for a girl to lust after a 'bad boy.'

Littlefinger clearly does not interest Sansa in a sexual way. She feels grateful to him for getting her out of King's Landing but not as a romantic savior. True, she kissed him back, but c'mon! She was lonely and scared and suddenly a seemingly kind person is kissing her. It would not be that unnatural to just let it happen for a few moments. What I find sad is how later on Sansa's started to really mess with her own mind. She seems to 'go away inside' whenever he kisses her in AFFC.

As for my own personal opinions. Bah, alright I'm a Sansa/Sandor shipper. Hopefully when Sansa's a few years older though, and more mature.

Does anybody recall any incident in the book where a woman gave birth to a child that was a bastard (and this was public knowledge, not mere suspicion, ie: Cersei and her pack and Lyanna and Jon)?

Delena Florent is known to be mother to Robert's son; Edric Storm. However, this appears to have been done before she was married, so I can claim no knowlege of the (presumably substantial) stigma attached to bastardbirth within a marriage. Most likely, the woman denies it.

I think that if/when Littlefinger tries to bed Sansa, Sansa will FINALLY find the strength she inherited from both her mother and her father, grab a nearby dagger and geld that scheming sonofabitch. I refuse to believe that she'll lose her maidenhead to LF...that would be too great a victory on his part, too much in his favor, too repelent, too vile. I've always believed that everything Sansa has endured - starting with the death of Lady, through Joff's abuse, all the way to LF's endless manipulations - is building inside her, climaxing into an unholy rage that will explode, resulting in some major C-change for her character or the death of some other principle figure at her hands. At least, that's my hope. The alternative is that she is essentially a wilting violet throughout the series...and that would make no sense at all.

I still think it would make sense for Sansa to be the one to find the Hound at the Quiet Isle and jolt him back to reality. After all, she's not TOO far from there, and she's arguably the most qualified person to influence the Hound's behavior...

Why is it that everyone can condone a man who murders for sport, but not who murders for political gain?

Personally, I am a Lord Tywin fangirl so I do condone men who murder for political gain. If I lived in Westeros, I would. Still, if you mean Litttlefinger vs. the Hound, I'd chose Sandor. At least he has the temerity to do his own killing.

We know that men are allowed to have their bastards without 'legal', or religious repercussions... would the same be true for women?

Again, if the child is born in wedlock how would anyone know? The Westerosi haven't heard of DNA and Mendel - do we even know what Harry looks like...? Cersei got away with it, why couldn't Sansa.

Should a child be born outside of marriage it would drastically reduce her 'market value', but as long as she has a claim to Winterfell she'll still be a catch. The child would probably be treated like most other highborn bastards, but it would be hard for Sansa, poor thing. Here's to moon tea. :cheers:

I think that if/when Littlefinger tries to bed Sansa, Sansa will FINALLY find the strength she inherited from both her mother and her father, grab a nearby dagger and geld that scheming sonofabitch.

A dagger would be an anticlimax, I'd like to see her outplay him instead. Let him teach her what he can, and then... But then I quite like LF, sceeming sonofabitch that he is. But he can't control everything - when Sansa's married Harry and is outed as a Stark, the rumours will travel all over the seven kingdoms. Why, they might even reach the Quiet Isle...

While I'm not exactly an S/S shipper (dang, good thing I put that / in there...), I do want Sansa to get a truly reliable protector at some point. A lot of evidence points to Sandor, but as someone said before, the Hound's destiny is getting rather cluttered. After all, he's also got to kill the Qyborg (aka the Mountain That Lurches And Goes, "Brainssss"...). I'm still hoping the Blackfish turns up in the Vale. Although, knowing Sansa's luck, he'll turn up and then get killed, or arrive three days late, or something.

After all, he's also got to kill the Qyborg (aka the Mountain That Lurches And Goes, "Brainssss"...).

When Sansa comes out the Lannisters will be forced to take action. What if they sent an army and the Gregolem to get rid of her/take her to King's Landing? Just an idea.

I'd love to see the Blackfish there as well. Something tells me the Vale will become a pretty interesting place after a while.

Personally, I am a Lord Tywin fangirl so I do condone men who murder for political gain. If I lived in Westeros, I would. Still, if you mean Litttlefinger vs. the Hound, I'd chose Sandor. At least he has the temerity to do his own killing.

As Lord Tywin does, you mean?

See, here's the thing: Littlefinger is my favorite ASoIaF character. Not because I think he's the best person, the strongest leader, or even remotely honorable, but because I identify with him and enjoy almost every scene he's in. So I admit to being biased.

Of course, I also like Sandor. Not as much, but quite a bit. This isn't really a grudge for me.

The problem I have is, I see fans of Jaime Lannister, and Sandor Clegane, and Tywin Lannister, and Stannis Baratheon, but almost everyone hates Littlefinger. Why? Yes, he's dishonest, untrustworthy, and so self-centered as to be nearly sociopathic, but that's not so uncommon in the Song as one might hope. Littlefinger is no model citizen, but he isn't evil incarnate.

Why are there no Baelish fans?

Mockingly,

Deus Ex Biotica

I think Petyr answers it best of all ;)

"You could turn King's Landing upside down and not find a single man with a mockingbird sewn over his heart, but that does not mean I am friendless." ASOS

Oh, make no mistake, I am a Baelish fan. I alternate between wanting him to be brought down, and wanting him to succeed and maybe even rule the 7 kingdoms come the end of the series. While I don't think he's a good person, he's a great character, and I usually love any chapter or scene with him in it.

I just happen to like Sandor more. Mostly because I find him more sympathetic, in that, he's had a terribly hard, rough life, and I'd like to see him get at least a little something good happen before he dies. Littlefinger, although he was no doubt very upset/hurt/traumatized by what happend with Cat, Brynden and the Tully's, has had an easier life and has been able to achieve quite a bit, and has had opportunities to make himself happy. More so than Sandor. So, I just think Sandor, in a sort of cosmic justice way, 'deserves' to have Sansa more than Littlefinger.

As Lord Tywin does, you mean?

Okay, you're right about Tywin having other people do his killing. But his reasons are more understandable to me. He's out to protect and further the interests of his family. He's without scruples, yes, and probably burning in hell, but he did everything he did for a good reason (to him at least).

I loathe Littlefinger because he kisses Sansa and makes her pretend to be his daughter. If he'd just done one or the other, it wouldn't bother me but the pseudo incest makes me sick. I could forgive Littlefinger for starting the entire mess we have in the series and for destroying what was apparently the only loving family in Westeros, but basically kidnapping a young girl, forcing her to pretend to be his daughter, then putting his gruby lips on her every chance he gets is unforgivable. I want him to finally get Cat; or rather, I want UnCat to kill the bastard.

pseudo incest makes me sick. I could forgive Littlefinger for starting the entire mess we have in the series and for destroying what was apparently the only loving family in Westeros, but basically kidnapping a young girl, forcing her to pretend to be his daughter, then putting his gruby lips on her every chance he gets is unforgivable. I want him to finally get Cat; or rather, I want UnCat to kill the bastard.

kinda reminds one of Lolita , which didn't turn out to well for any of those involved.

I think Petyr answers it best of all ;)

"You could turn King's Landing upside down and not find a single man with a mockingbird sewn over his heart, but that does not mean I am friendless." ASOS

Well done Etulftune!

Personally, I don't think Littlefinger is a "good" man, but there are definitely qualities in him that I admire and make me root for him to succeed even as he's doing something that appalls or disgusts me. It's a testament to George's writing that so many of his characters are as deep and complex as this.

Does anybody recall any incident in the book where a woman gave birth to a child that was a bastard (and this was public knowledge, not mere suspicion, ie: Cersei and her pack and Lyanna and Jon)?

Lollys Stokeworth is probably the example you're looking for.

Archived