Your darkest ASoIaF secrets

redcandle17

1. If I was Jamie, I'd do Cersei too.

2. Hate Dany. She's more annoying than Sansa & Arya combined.

3. Hate Sansa & Arya.

4. Didn't care for Catelyn, she was only good for knowledge of past events.

5. Sandor was a giant pussy, enough said.

6. Jamie is a whiny pussy.

7. I admit I enjoyed the lesbo scenes.

8. R+L+J doesn't matter.

9. I think I hate Sansa, Jamie & Dany more because of the meaningless board love and their defenders than because of the books.

10. I didn't sympathize with Tyrion when Sansa wouldn't do him.

11. Tywin was great father.

12. I think Roose Bolton is gay.

13. Sam's a whiny weirdo.

14. People sympathize with Brienne for her ways, but if she's gonna act like a man, she should shut up instead of bitching about it.

15. I liked Ned, he had the biggest balls of them all.

16. Shae was too good for Tyrion.

17. The Maester Pycell? was great, since he was caught banging a maid, and he's over 70.

Threw in an odd one to see what people would bitch about. :)

But, seriously, that guy is queer.

I'm laughing my ass off that of all the things people have said in this thread, it's the assertion that Roose Bolton is gay that someone would object to enough to comment on. :D

I'm a huge Ramsay Snow fanboy. I also like Walder Frey quite a lot. (All the Crakehall women are sluts!) And, like many, I'm hoping Arya becomes a complete homocidal maniac and major antagonist.

On the embarassing mistakes front, in my first read I thought Needle was Valyrian steel.

i too have a soft spot for ser Ilyn

I'm not alone! *wipes tear*

Other stuff:

* I love Brienne.

* I thought it was great to see Sam get laid. Cheers for the pink mast!

* The Dornish bore me.

* 95 percent of all my crackpot theories involve the Hound.

* I'm glad Catelyn came back, 'cos then I get the chance to see her die again.

- I'm hoping Littlefinger gets to have his wicked way with Sansa.

- I loved the fact that Tyrion murdered his own father (the git deserved it)

- Sam's craven act is getting old, I wish he'd died out there in the cold.

- I'd have defenestrated Lysa Arryn sooner.

And yeah, I'd have done Cersei in Jaime's shoes as well.

Samwell Tarly gets on my nerves. I find Sam to be too peevish and whiny. I don't like his character, though actually enjoy a lot of his chapters because something really interesting is happening (Flight from the Fist) or it involves interaction with characters I like (Dolorous Edd, Grenn, etc.)

''15. I liked Ned, he had the biggest balls of them all.''

:agree:

Eddard Stark is probably my favorite character in the book, his chapters are only sometimes shadowed by Tyrion's or Arya's.

Don't find Jaime and Cersei together disturbing.

Am most like Sansa out of all characters (as she was at the end of AFfC).

Hope the marriage between Tyrion and Sansa doesn't get annulled.

Hated the man, but I respected Tywin Lannister as well.

Love Tyrion's character, but HATE his dirty mouth. I actually disliked at first because of this.

The Iron Islands chapters in AFfC bored me too tears. Can't identify with characters. Right now, I'm glad to have seen them only as ''The Enemy'' (as much as I know that who the enemy is always grey) and not try to relate to them.

Think a lot of the ''magic'' is a bit wishy-washy and it bores me; it took me A LONG TIME to get reconnected to Bran after AGoT. I can rationalise Dragons as a species of animal that we don't have, I can see the art of sorcery/magic potions as really chemistry/medicine. Walking through flames, bringing people back from the dead, as cool as they are, ARE NOT POSSIBLE.

Sometimes Jojen sort of creeps me out.

Want R+L=J because Ned wouldn't have sacrificed his honor for lust, and Jon would not be a bastard from adultery, and hey, it would be PRETTY cool, esp. for Jon (if YOU thought that you were just some baseborn boy and were really heir to your whole kingdom...)

Don't want R + L = J because it is too Hollywood plus wouldn't bring enough of character conflict (Jon has at this point already decided to stay on the wall and never give it up for a throne at the end of AFfC. And D + J would = 0.0 because Dany is barren)

Wasn't too upset when Lysa died and her singer got charged guilty. Those two with little Lord Robert have killed so many heedlessly.

Little Robert Arryn really gets on my nerves. That is one boy in need of a good ol' butt-whooppin'.

Thought Robert made a terrible king.

This is my first post as a new member, and I have to say right off the top, apparently my darkest secret is that now that I've read a lot of the posts on this thread, I feel totally out of place. :(

1. The characters I relate to the strongest are Samwell Tarly and Brienne (that right there should tell you a LOT about me)

2. I find Sansa to be more endearing as time goes on, not the opposite.

3. The Red Wedding shocked me - and I actually cared that Robb died.

4. My favorite characters are Dany, Jon, Arya, Tyrion and Davos.

5. I thought Tywin was a prick and less of a man for being ashamed of a son because of physical informities.

6. I think Jaime's metamorphosis is one of the best threads of the books.

7. I didn't even remember Theon from AGOT, but want him dead as well.

8. I haven't finished AFfC yet, and I hope Cersei is hung up by her toenails and pecked at by ravens - its all she deserves and more.

9. I actually felt sorry for Joffrey. He was a monster, but he was a created one.

10. I have to admit, I was waiting for Cat to die as well. She became less and less sympathetic as time went on - I understand that she'd lost all her children and her husband, but the fact that I wanted her to shut up despite knowing that says a lot.

Hi, Westeros!

>Think a lot of the ''magic'' is a bit wishy-washy and it bores me; it took me A LONG TIME to get reconnected to Bran after >AGoT. I can rationalise Dragons as a species of animal that we don't have, I can see the art of sorcery/magic potions as >really chemistry/medicine. Walking through flames, bringing people back from the dead, as cool as they are, ARE NOT >POSSIBLE.

I totally agree. One of the thing I love about the (early) books is the lack of the silly magic that most fantasy is infested with. Everytime I read that "magic is returning to the world" I get worried that the later books are going to be silly.

>Sometimes Jojen sort of creeps me out.

I think he is supposed to :)

>Want R+L=J because Ned wouldn't have sacrificed his honor for lust, and Jon would not be a bastard from adultery, and >hey, it would be PRETTY cool, esp. for Jon (if YOU thought that you were just some baseborn boy and were really heir to >your whole kingdom...)

But he would still be a bastard, just Rhaegar's bastard instead of Ned's. Even in Westeros, I don't think that a secret marriage between R+L, given that R was already married to someone else, would make Jon a legitimate heir in most peoples eyes.

I hope Tyrion dies soon. Sure he has quick wit, but he irritates me. Sam as well.. well he can live, but as a craven for life.

Arya is too tough to be believable.. would be more interesting if she suffered more, and had a mental breakdown instead of ending up as a sosiapathic killer. Starting to like Sansa though.

Hopes that Jon never becomes more than better than average with a sword. And Jaime should never be more than slightly better than embarressing with a sword.

Although I rooted for Oberyn, I think it's too bad Tywin and Gregor left the playing field. (Sure he may come back as a construct, but that's not the same.)

Didn't bother me that Ygrette died. Though, has more sympathies for the small folk he hear about than all the big lords, including Catelyn and Ned.

I kinda like Theon, especially after he became a POV. Asha I couldn't care less about.

Too much sex scenes in the books. Some are necessary, but I really can't be bothered with the rest. Fade to black please, especially when Sam is involved. The amount of raping is just fine though.

I feel like I'm entering a confessional here...hmm, where to start? :blush:

1) I liked Ilyn Payne in AFFC, even if he did behead Ned in AGOT.

2) I really love Brienne, and didn't find her POV boring.

3) The thing that upset me most about Cat's death was that I wanted her to learn of Jon's true parentage before she died (asssuming he's not Ned's son, that is). I know she could still find out the truth somehow, but I don't think it would have much impact on her in her um, current condition.

4) I want Shireen Baratheon to end up Queen of Westeros. It is her destiny! ;)

5) I really want any hidden Targ offspring to be the children of old mad Aerys, rather than the noble Rhaegar. It's be much more interesting, imho. I'd rather find out that Aerys kidnapped Lyanna, than she ran off with Rhaegar. I even like the idea that maybe something happened between Aerys and Joanna Lannister...

I'm sure there are more, but that last one is the worse. My continued defense of those theories is even what caused me to eventually take the title "Crackpot Queen." :blush:

My deepest, darkest ASOIAF secrets will seem like pound cake compared to some of the others around here.

I just want Dany & Sansa to die a slow, painful, miserable death.

And I especially don't want Dany to waltz into westeros and fry the Others, sit the Iron Throne, and end the series so easily.

Archived