Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

You can't change your frame..you can add muscle to it but that's it. Being broad in the shoulders for example isn't something to can change..either you are or you're not.

It's also not as easy as hitting the gym especially for the lean guys like Matt Goode..it requires a lot of time and effort. Plus you can only put on so much, it's not an unlimited type of thing.

I didn't mention muscles at all..I said the build of the body. The size of your natural frame. Small boned, big boned, wide shoulders, hip size..etc.

I don't think we should cast on muscle size I think we should cast on the book descriptions..which I just quoted above..

As for Garlan..I had no idea who was cast as him..I wasn't in the discussion about casting Garlan.

You know this might seem like an odd suggestion but what about Kristen Johnston for Brienne? She's 6 feet tall can be uglied up..she can be made to look younger I'm sure, cause finding someone young that fits Brienne's requirements is damn hard :P

Maitland Ward is 6 feet as well and younger..she used to be on Boy Meets World hehe

I think they should raid the cast of "Lost" on ABC

Josh Holloway-Sawyer=Jaime Lannister

Ian Sommerholder-Boone=Theon Lovejoy

Naveen Andrews-Sayid=Kahl Drogo

Michael Emerson-Ben Linus=Littlefinger

edited Litllefinger

It's been suggested that we find a new Brienne (since she's not an actress). Surely there's a large actress somewhere that we ca ugly up. :P

Well, there's still Kathryn Stockwood.

Ivana Milicevic is a possibility. She's pretty but her features are very strong and she's 5'10 1/2".

I was actually thinking Ellen Muth from Dead like me could play the role. However, she's way too short and the body is off. She has the face, though...

Tell me about it! Why are actresses so short?! Tina Majorino is someone who would be great ... if she weren't only 5' bloody 5"!

How about a stunt woman? I found Alisia Hensley - God only knows if she can act but she looks right and she could certainly do the physical stuff.

I still like Kathryn for Brienne.

Blah - I see what your saying, Rory McCann is as wide, as he is tall, so Matt isn't the right body type. I'll try and think of someone else, there must be someone better than Welling...

We also need to get a new Gendry and Edric Storm who are supposed to be very big and broad too. I like Tysha's suggestion of Lip from Shameless best for Gendry.

As much as a I love Holloway I just can't see him as Jaime. For one he's not a natural blond and his complexion shows it, two he just doesn't have the face for Jaime (in my mind). I see him in it, but more as some sneaky bastard, not as someone who finds redemption (sort of).

Oh, I'm assuming that we don't have a consensus on Brienne yet, so I won't change anything?

Alright I'm gonna make a small list of some tall actresses..See if anything grabs you..

6'0" - Saffron Burrows

6'0" - Uma Thurman

6'0" - Maitland Ward

5'11" - Sophie Dahl

5'11" - Kristanna Loken

5'11" - Adrianne Palicki

Uma Thurman might be a bit too old..but damn she could do that gawky, uncomfortable in your own body thing perfectly for Brienne.

Hmmm, all good heights, but all of them seem to slim somehow. I sort of imagine Brienne as stocky. Anyone else like one of them? I've no problems putting a popular choice in. :)

Ah, poor Brienne. I know how she feels! Too tall for a woman in Westeros, too tall for any actress to play...it's hard for us! (I'm six-four myself.)

I almost know how you feel (but not quite). I'm five-ten and (the difference between me and everyone else was crazy when I was younger, I was the tallest KID in the first grade. Taller than all of the boys too) the height difference is still pretty noticeable. First thing people say "wow, you're tall". Why yes, thanks, I hadn't noticed. So good of you to point it out. Ugh, and don't even get me started on finding cute shoes in my size. :P

As much as a I love Holloway I just can't see him as Jaime. For one he's not a natural blond and his complexion shows it, two he just doesn't have the face for Jaime (in my mind). I see him in it, but more as some sneaky bastard, not as someone who finds redemption (sort of).

Oh, I'm assuming that we don't have a consensus on Brienne yet, so I won't change anything?

I think Holloway would be a great Jaime. Flipping through the Art of Ice and Fire book I came across the great depiction of Jaime sitting upon the Iron Throne... the smug superiority on his face is something I think Holloway could really pull off. And to me he looks like a Lannister... Hair color issues are easily dealt with I think.

Hmmm, all good heights, but all of them seem to slim somehow. I sort of imagine Brienne as stocky. Anyone else like one of them? I've no problems putting a popular choice in. :)

I know what you mean..but finding a tall, broad actress who also has tiny breasts is virtually impossible lol..

There are the options of some padding to make the actress look broader or tape down the boobs :P

I mean good lord..Physical Description: She has large, blue eyes, straw-colored hair, broad, coarse features, and a flat face. Her teeth are prominent and crooked, her mouth is too wide, her lips are swollen, her nose is battered and has been broken more than once, and her face is covered in freckles. She is tall and ungainly, thick for a woman.

I think Holloway would be a great Jaime. Flipping through the Art of Ice and Fire book I came across the great depiction of Jaime sitting upon the Iron Throne... the smug superiority on his face is something I think Holloway could really pull off. And to me he looks like a Lannister... Hair color issues are easily dealt with I think.

It's not just the hair, it's his complexion. Jaime is always fair haired and blond, Holloway is more swarthy looking. I dunno, I just can't see it. Especially adding such fair hair to him, I just see it looking silly. :/

I know what you mean..but finding a tall, broad actress who also has tiny breasts is virtually impossible lol..

There are the options of some padding to make the actress look broader or tape down the boobs :P

I mean good lord..Physical Description: She has large, blue eyes, straw-colored hair, broad, coarse features, and a flat face. Her teeth are prominent and crooked, her mouth is too wide, her lips are swollen, her nose is battered and has been broken more than once, and her face is covered in freckles. She is tall and ungainly, thick for a woman.

True. Hmm, I dunno though, do you have one you prefer?

Maitland Ward might work, she has pretty blue eyes anyway! I can't wait to see who they cast in the actual HBO series.

Anyway I was thinking Tom Payne for Theon. He's 24 but currently playing an 18 year old in Waterloo Road.

In this pic he looks like JRM, lol. pic

This is him in colour. pic

This is him leaning. pic

True. Hmm, I dunno though, do you have one you prefer?

oh geez I dunno :unsure:

I think they could work with Adrianne Palicki's features..she's fairly young, her eyes are blue, she's tall enough..maybe just strap down her chest and give her some bulk..and you're pretty close to the mark.

whoever does get that role for real is going to have some serious prosthetics work happening.

Alright I'm gonna make a small list of some tall actresses..See if anything grabs you..

6'0" - Saffron Burrows

6'0" - Uma Thurman

6'0" - Maitland Ward

5'11" - Sophie Dahl

5'11" - Kristanna Loken

5'11" - Adrianne Palicki

Wow, I had no idea Adrianne Palicki was that tall! Okay, she has my vote. She's the youngest, she can act and although she gets cast as sexy girls a lot I think there's something kinda weird about her face. I dunno, maybe it's the mole. Anyway, I reckon she could be Brienne-ed up with some false teeth and stripping of the make-up. And although she's slender she's not skinny like most young actresses. She looks like she has a bit of strength in her.

We also need to get a new Gendry and Edric Storm who are supposed to be very big and broad too. I like Tysha's suggestion of Lip from Shameless best for Gendry.

Obviously I agree with you about Gendry! :D But isn't Edric about 12? He can't be that big...

Blah - I see what your saying, Rory McCann is as wide, as he is tall, so Matt isn't the right body type. I'll try and think of someone else, there must be someone better than Welling...

We could move Henry Cavill from Loras to Renly. He's got the Baratheon look, he's 6'1", he's pretty broad, and at 23 he's probably a better age for Renly anyway. So then we'd need a new Loras. How about Robert Pattinson? He's younger, leaner, looks more like the brother of Hugh Dancy, and makes teenage girls swoon.

Archived