Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

Sadly I think you're right

BTW if we have Cillian Murphy as Ramsay Snow/Bolton who will be playing the guy who masquerades as Ramsay for a while, that's assuming the guy appears in the show

I beleive it was decided to not cast Reek at all, since it is really Ramsay pretending to be Reek.

Murphy can play both parts (if Reek is included).

Just a thought here...anyone know if Strong Belwas' height is ever mentioned? I have no problem with Ving Rhames (even though Amok's paining makes Belwas look more middle-eastern). But if he's suuposed to be tall I think Michael Clark Duncan would be a better choice. He's taller (6'5" vs 6') and broader than Rhames.

This a good point. Mikey Post is too small. And he has really tiny hands and fingers, I'm not sure he could even hold a weapon.

I was in camp Post but I've changed my mind. I think we should keep Peter.

I'm on my own on this one aren't I? Damn. Oh well, if Snape can be played by an actor who's over 20 years too old, Tyrion can be played by someone 15 years too old. I still hope the casting directors can find someone younger for the real thing, though...

A few alternative proposals:

- Victor Garber as Randall Tarly instead of Robert Carlyle. I really liked the choice of James Corden for Samwell, and think that there's a closer facial similarity between Corden and Garber than for Carlyle (who looks nothing like Corden).

I think Victor Garber would be more suited to the role, since he arguably has greater gravitas and can do the stern father role very well. Carlyle would be far more suited to play someone more 'uncouth' like Hyle Hunt.

IIRC Randall is Rickard and Tywin's generation so the age might be just right. Garber doesn't look very old though.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/redxavier/victor2.jpg

- And yeah, Robert Carlyle for Hyle Hunt. Michael Vartan is far too much of a pretty boy.

In fact, I believe that too many of the cast are pretty, the youngsters in particular. Maybe it's the choice of pictures that are used to support a case, but I just don't see how so many people can be pretty in this psuedo-medieval world. I mean you have Ralph Fiennes playing Aeron Damphair. I fear that it undermines the beauty of characters such as Cersei and Loras.

- Roger Ashton-Griffiths for Varys. At this point anyone is better than Matt Lucas.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/redxavier/po.jpg

Probably too old, in which case the actor who plays Simon the Summoner in A Knight's Tale could be sufficient (Steve O'Donnell).

- Geraldine McEwan as Old Nan. Probably most famous for playing the witch in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, but she also plays Marple.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/red...er/5117fa20.jpg

- I have a problem with Robert Lindsay as Karstark because I'm not convinced he could pull of the bitter vengeful part that is so integral to the character later on. I cannot remember what generation he is (Rickard or Eddard), but how about Nick Grimble?

http://imdb.com/gallery/hh/0003818/iid_107...0Nick&seq=2

There is a pretty good BBC mini-series of Ivanhoe starring Steven Waddington as the main protoganist and it's an interesting source for actors (Grimble, Hinds, Ashton-Griffiths). I highly recommend checking it out if only to glance at potential actors (all affordable too, because there's no way that half the selected actors are actually going to be hired).

A few alternative proposals:

- Victor Garber as Randall Tarly instead of Robert Carlyle. I really liked the choice of James Corden for Samwell, and think that there's a closer facial similarity between Corden and Garber than for Carlyle (who looks nothing like Corden).

I think Victor Garber would be more suited to the role, since he arguably has greater gravitas and can do the stern father role very well. Carlyle would be far more suited to play someone more 'uncouth' like Hyle Hunt.

Both suggestions work for me!

- Roger Ashton-Griffiths for Varys. At this point anyone is better than Matt Lucas.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/redxavier/po.jpg

Probably too old, in which case the actor who plays Simon the Summoner in A Knight's Tale could be sufficient (Steve O'Donnell).

I love Matt Lucas as Varys! Have you seen Casanova (the BBC one with David Tennant, not the crappy Heath Ledger one)? He was all primped and powdered just like Varys in that.

- Geraldine McEwan as Old Nan. Probably most famous for playing the witch in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, but she also plays Marple.
Works for me.

- I have a problem with Robert Lindsay as Karstark because I'm not convinced he could pull of the bitter vengeful part that is so integral to the character later on. I cannot remember what generation he is (Rickard or Eddard), but how about Nick Grimble?

http://imdb.com/gallery/hh/0003818/iid_107...0Nick&seq=2

Karstark's sons were fairly young, weren't they? I think he was older than Eddard but not as old as Rickard, so Brimble is probably too old. But regardless, Robert Lindsay is one of the finest and most versatile actors in this country, he could do bitter and vengeful standing on his head.

Sadly I think you're right

BTW if we have Cillian Murphy as Ramsay Snow/Bolton who will be playing the guy who masquerades as Ramsay for a while, that's assuming the guy appears in the show

Was that Reek? (I just woke up and my brains are still turning on) :P That's how early this is, I didn't even realize that this went on for another page. *sigh* I absolutely love Garber (Spy!Daddy!), if people would like him to be Randyll I'm right there with ya. There is nothing more badass than Jack Bristow. :P

I think Victor Garber looks too old. Tarly's eldest son is only 16. If SpyDaddy lived in Westeros then he would more likely be the grandfather of a 16 year old. And Sam and his father aren't supposed to look related, thats the point!

I think we need a new Hyle though. Michael Vartan is too pretty.

And we never decided on a new Tywin, Garber might be good there...

I think Victor Garber looks too old. Tarly's eldest son is only 16. If SpyDaddy lived in Westeros then he would more likely be the grandfather of a 16 year old. And Sam and his father aren't supposed to look related, thats the point!

True, Garber probably is too old. Keep in mind though, he had a number of daughters before hand (or am I remember incorrectly). You are right though, he's too old. :(

- And yeah, Robert Carlyle for Hyle Hunt. Michael Vartan is far too much of a pretty boy.

I don't think Michael Vartan is too pretty but rather too OLD. So is Robert Carlyle. I think we need someone much younger, or younger looking.

Oooh, now there's an idea! He looks like a Lannister, he's sexy enough to have spawned Jaime and Cersei, he's badass yet classy ... I like it! :D

How about Philip Glenister as Randyll Tarly? He's badass and I think he looks like he could be James Corden's father without actually looking like James Corden, if that makes sense.

I've always felt that Randall Tarly must have been older than Eddard and Robert during Robert's Rebellion to be second in command of the Reach's forces - the other two were heads of their respective houses but Tarly was only a bannerman to Mace and hardly a high ranking relative. So he must have been older and more experienced to have been given such a great responsibility.

I'm glad I'm not the only fan of SpyDaddy. As Tywin Lannister? That's a good suggestion and I like it as well.

I suppose my difficulty with Robert Lindsay is that I'm too accustomed to that My Family series and him being a dentist!

I've always felt that Randall Tarly must have been older than Eddard and Robert during Robert's Rebellion to be second in command of the Reach's forces - the other two were heads of their respective houses but Tarly was only a bannerman to Mace and hardly a high ranking relative. So he must have been older and more experienced to have been given such a great responsibility.

I'm glad I'm not the only fan of SpyDaddy. As Tywin Lannister? That's a good suggestion and I like it as well.

I suppose my difficulty with Robert Lindsay is that I'm too accustomed to that My Family series and him being a dentist!

True about being commander of the reach. Also, if you color his hair (as seen in an Alias episode) he looks much younger so it could be done. I almost love him too much for him to be Tywin though. There's also the difference of facial structure, I see Tywin as having a thin face where as Garber has a much rounder face.

I think Randyll is around 40, I can't imagine him any older than that because Sam is his eldest child and I don't think that Tarly is the kind of man to wait around when it comes to having kids, especially when it comes to having a heir.

Tysha - Philip Glenister? I love him, seriously I love him, but Tarly is supposed to be lean, and Philip is kinda fat. I imagine Tarly is the kind of man that does a lot of angry sit-ups and push-ups, while Philip looks likes the kind of man that eats a lot of pies and drinks a lot of beer.

Also, what about Ryan Gosling as Hyle? link

Tysha - Philip Glenister? I love him, seriously I love him, but Tarly is supposed to be lean, and Philip is kinda fat. I imagine Tarly is the kind of man that does a lot of angry sit-ups and push-ups, while Philip looks likes the kind of man that eats a lot of pies and drinks a lot of beer.

*snicker* Okay, that's true. But he is a badass, you have to admit that! :D

Okay, how about Julian Sands as Randyll?

I'm a bit out of my league here, but I suggest Charles Dance for the part of Tywin Lannister. In the BBC's adaption of Bleak House, he plays a part (Tulkinghorn) quite similar to Tywin. A cold, calculating, ruthless manipulator...so cold it gave me the chills.

Archived