Goodkind XIV

Werthead

That wasn't me man, that was Tairy. It's just speculation.
Sorry. When my thing rises I fly into an uncontrollable rage. But it is a righteous rage, full of moral celery and yeardi truth. Beware my thing, it has no mercy(=evil).

No, no, everyone is getting this contradiction thing wrong. Here, look at it again.

A thing is what it is, it is itself. There can be no contradictions. In reality, contradictions cannot exist.

This is an important rule that allows Terry to contradicts himself. You see, whenever he does so, he really didn't, because contradictions can't exist. So he can say that genocide is wrong when the Draken Rhal does it, and is good when Richard Rhal does it, and this isn't a contradiction because there are no such things as contradictions. Poof! It's gone! The philosophy now makes sense! :thumbsup:

No, no, everyone is getting this contradiction thing wrong. Here, look at it again.

This is an important rule that allows Terry to contradicts himself. You see, whenever he does so, he really didn't, because contradictions can't exist. So he can say that genocide is wrong when the Draken Rhal does it, and is good when Richard Rhal does it, and this isn't a contradiction because there are no such things as contradictions. Poof! It's gone! The philosophy now makes sense! :thumbsup:

Wow!! Now it all makes sense. I feel like such a dunce :dunce: . I now see how O'ism is the greatest thing ever!! If you want to do something that seems wrong you simply change the rules of existence!!!

Q: How is mass murder justified, even when it's done with moral celery and yeardi truth?

A: Mass murder does not need to be justified because mass murder does not exist.

That's so awsome!!!!!!!! :bow:

An old classic,

Richard: "The Sword of Truth's magic, as my gift, could only again be viable when I comprehended - completely - that the magic needs no balance for the killling I've done because the killing I've done is not only moral, but the only moral course of action I could have taken."

~Naked Empire

Hooray for Richard!!!

An old classic...but at the same time, it's gonna make a fun sig! And that seems to me that that should eb the next great "Board Event": Sig your favorite Tairy lines! (Somehow I think that'd get us in trouble though...) :P

An old classic...but at the same time, it's gonna make a fun sig! And that seems to me that that should eb the next great "Board Event": Sig your favorite Tairy lines! (Somehow I think that'd get us in trouble though...) :P

Awsome idea!! Check my new sig.

I'm totally in!

"To believe in a contradiction is to abdicate your belief in the existence of the world around you and the nature of the things in it, to instead embrace any random impulse that strikes your fancy--to imagine something is real simply because you wish it were. A thing is what it is, it is itself. There can be no contradictions. In reality, contradictions cannot exist. To believe in them you must abandon the most important thing you possess: your rational mind. The wager for such a bargain is your life. In such an exchange, you always lose what you have at stake."

So oxymorons, logical fallacies and paradoxes don't exist, despite all evidence to the contrary. Thank you, Tairy! I never would have known this if not for you.

I hate to defend Tairy, but he's not completely wrong here. Contradictions do exist, but if they do it means that one or more of the things contradicted are wrong. Logical fallacies are wrong, paradoxes cannot occur, and oxymorons are only wordplay.

Of course oxymorons etc. cannot exist in reality and if you think you see one, you're making a mistake somewhere. What I find funny, though, is that in Richard's universe there had to be a Wizard's Rule about it, as if it wasn't intuitively obvious.

Wizard's Rule #627: Hunger is the state of un-foodness. If you are feeling hunger, it's probably because you're haven't eaten lately. Eat some food, and feel your hunger go away.

Wizard's rule 834: Evil is inherantly evil. If something is evil you can bet your ass that it's evil. But things are only evil if Lord Dick says they're evil.

Nerdanel & AverageGuy: Get with the fad, get some TG quote sigs

Nerdanel & AverageGuy: Get with the fad, get some TG quote sigs

That would require me getting out my old SOT books, which are buried in a chest heaped with boxes along with The Fifth Sorceress, State of Fear, and Shadow Puppets.

I may do it anyway, but it won't be until late tonight. Maybe not until tomorrow depending on when I get home.

That would require me getting out my old SOT books, which are buried in a chest heaped with boxes along with The Fifth Sorceress, State of Fear, and Shadow Puppets.

I may do it anyway, but it won't be until late tonight. Maybe not until tomorrow depending on when I get home.

Oh God! Robert Newcomb is almost as bad as the great Tairy himself. How do these guys keep getting published?

Archived