Bioshock

Mackaxx

Sheeeeeee-it, played the demo for 10 minutes last night. Man this game is beautiful - it has an stylistic atmosphere and attention to detail rarely seen in games. So far it has been pretty scarey and every encounter feels exciting and special. Going on the voices and dialogue, I can really see what the reviews are saying about this game.

I am going to savour this when it comes out. Take it real slowly and investigate everything. I think that this is going to be the type of game that you always remember your first time through.

There's no inventory in the classic Diablo-type sense; you can carry a certain number of plasmids (abilities) at any one time, and you have a stock of first aid kits and EVE (magic) hypos.

There's no inventory in the classic Diablo-type sense; you can carry a certain number of plasmids (abilities) at any one time, and you have a stock of first aid kits and EVE (magic) hypos.

and weapons of course. plus different types of ammo for the weapons. also you will be able to find and obtain weapon upgrades of various types.

i played the demo. its insane. gettin it on tuesday.

Bioshock is on my short list for blockbuster titles of 2007 for me. The others are:

Dragon Age

There is no way DA will be out in 2007... I have my doubts that we'll even be getting any new screenshots of the game this year (I think the only screenshots they have are 3-4 years old).

I wasn't too interested in Bioshock given the other games that were supposed to be out in the next couple months, but with GTA4 pushed back until next year I may pick this one up afterall. It gives off a City of Lost Children vibe which is fairly uncharted territory for videogames and film alike.

It's official, best reviewed console game of all-time. :bow:

Yeah, Gamespot's 9.0 is the lowest rating I've seen so far.

I just wish my freaking Xbox would hurry up and get fixed. This is going to suck having BioShock and not being able to play it. Gah.

Zipped through the demo pretty quickly and so far I've decided to try not to think of it as a sequel to system shock or anything like that. It's a shooter,

Im not saying its a bad game, seems like good fun so far in fact, but it defintiely feels a lot more like a straight out shooter with extra this n thats added in. One with style and substance for sure, like half life 2, but still a shooter.

I snuck away during my work day to pick up Bioshock from my local Best Buy... and thanks to a week long promotion I walked out of there with The Darkness as well - they knocked $40 off The Darkness if you bought both titles. So I am a happy camper right now.

You know, at times like this I am quite happy to be a bit of a video game geek... yet also thankful that I moved out of my parents basement years ago, and that I exercise regularly and enjoy the great outdoors.

Its all about balance, people. :P

Archived