Red Seas Under Red Skies

Stego

Reading the exerpt makes me realize that his writing styles comes off somewhere in the area of slightly decent fanfiction. And, damnit, I love it.

Usually, I struggle to read fiction on my computer. I need it in book form. GRRM's ADWD teasers will have to wait until the book's out. But Lynch's stuff is just so easy to read, it grabs and enthralls. That's not "slightly decent fan fiction", that's great writing.

He also posted some info about the novellas on The Right People message board:

The first two novellas will form a direct prelude to Lies, covering the story of where the cask of Austershalin came from and the consequences of the GBs getting their hands on it.

The two novells will be titled The Mad Baron's Mechanical Attic and The Choir of Knives.

Shit, Bantam won't be printing those ARCs for about 3 months! :tantrum:

Hopefully I'll have better luck with Gollancz... I've got to get my hands on this book!

Damn that Lynch guy for whetting our appetites like this! ;)

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...

*bump* - a few of us have had the ARC through now, and I got through it at the weekend - it's bloody good, and everything you'd wish for from a sequel (apart from sentient trees, sorry HE). I thought I'd move the discussion here rather than in the March Reading thread, so to answer the last question from there, no, no Sabetha - Scott's confirmed that she won't appear till book 3 (dammit!). There are some great female characters though, hard-nosed gamblers and kickass pirate captains, all good stuff!

Full review here...

I've been hating them with a passion for DAYS now. Hate them a LOT. Jealous doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling.

this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - is that wrong?

:bawl:

Let this be a lessong to all you people who try to be nice...

I'm asked by Gollancz if I know other quality bloggers, and if I'd mind getting their contact details so books can be sent to them. So what do I do!?! Give them MinDonner and Werthead's contact info, happy to help get them some recognition and all that crap.

Next thing I know, with them being damned Brits and all that stupid stuff, I realize that they'll be getting Lynch's newest much quicker than I will, what with me living on the other side of the fucking Atlantic Ocean and all! God save the Queen, my ass!

Whoever said it pays to be nice!?! :bang: Life truly is a bitch!!!

No but seriously, I'm glad to learn the book is good. Not that I had any doubt, but it's nice to get some confirmation.

As for you, MinDonner and Werthead, you guys owe me a drink for this, at the very least! Make that two, just for good measure! :P

Patrick

P. S. Min, I can't believe you immediately jumped into RSURS. You still have a brand new copy of Goodkind's Phantom that you haven't opened yet! :D

Archived