Eurocommie 2006: London May 5th-8th.

Padraig

For me the two are about equally likely - or unlikely. Probably about a 40% chance for me - I won't know for a while yet and it will depend on workload and finances.

If I can make it I would prefer Barcelona - will be something different, warmer, and an escape from everything therefore complete relaxation.

I'm a Londoner and not particularly fond of London - I find the place stressful and depressing (though I love the people of London, the food and museums). Plus it would be a bit awkward for me to visit London and not stay with my mother, which would somewhat curtail my enjoyment of any BwB activities (I would have to be back fairly early at night because she has ME) - though I could probably stay over somewhere else for a night. I also have a lot of other friends in London who I owe visits, so it would not be a pure BwB thing for me.

Given that at the moment I'm not sure I'd be able to take time off work (it's in termtime), and I'm a bit broke, don't place too much importance on my preferences.

Ten, just show him the pictures of Zollo and Zak snogging and he might want to come himself :kiss:

London, definite (duh!)

Barcelona, possible

I would like to add that London smells and I would prefer Barcelona but might not be able to make it there.

Also, if London to coincide with Ser Stubby, he is only around from 1st to 3rd May which is Monday to Wednesday but the Monday is a Bank Holiday.

I'm a definite for both, as I said.

Reminds me that I had great problems getting Bahrain redesignated as a Middle East destination on our database at work. Up to then it insisted that it was American.

At least your system knew it existed somewhere. My dad was sending a parcel for me to Lux, and the ladies at the post office claimed there is no such country and he should write it's Germany.

Reminds me that I had great problems getting Bahrain redesignated as a Middle East destination on our database at work. Up to then it insisted that it was American.

Your database is clearly linked into the Pentagon systems...it was just a bit ahead of schedule :P

Saying 'definite' for either might bite me in the ass later on, but lets say that I'll try my best to attend either.

Personally I'd rather go to Barcelona. Mainly because I haven't seen that city yet and because I'd planned to do some birdwatching in the nearby Llobregat delta at the same time. Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to miss out on a big party either, so in that sense I'd rate London over Barcelona (seeing as how the fomer is favoured by most).

Barcelona:

Definite:

Maid Sansa

Pod

Zollo

Flippa

Iceman

Probable:

Cerys

BoG

ztem

Possible:

Barry

Sophie

Mo

Zak

Bronn

eefa

Unlikely:

Mormont

Sean

Chal

Maltaran

Thundersummoner

No:

Tenalpia

GoN

Daj

Ser V

London:

Definite:

Maid Sansa

Pod

Zollo

Barry

Flippa

Sean

Chal

Iceman

Mo

Daj

GoN

Zak

Ser V

Thundersummoner

Melisandre's twisted sis

Probable:

Cerys

BoG

Eefa

Mormont

Maltaran

ztem

Werthead

Possible:

Sophie

Tenalpia

Bronn

No:

Please make sure you're on the right list ;)

I definitely couldn't manage Barcelona

There is a very slight chance - if I am feeling better, if I am rich and if my husband is very understanding - that I could make London...

Husband is being very understanding...now I just need to get better and get rich...not much of challenge there then :D;)

Husband is being very understanding...now I just need to get better and get rich...not much of challenge there then :D;)

One down, two to go

fingers crossed for you

Beginning of May... Rangers fan... he'll probably want to be alone with his grief. :P

Getting rich shouldn't be too much of a challenge - all you need's the flight money and that's peanuts. And drinking money, and, um... actually that is a lot. :blush:

Beginning of May... Rangers fan... he'll probably want to be alone with his grief.

Getting rich shouldn't be too much of a challenge - all you need's the flight money and that's peanuts. And drinking money, and, um... actually that is a lot.

Hmmmm - Rangers have a habit of managing last minute miracles - don't count your chickens yet, Jambo :P ! The cash is nearly always doable - that's what they invented credit cards for isn't it ;) ? Got a few possibles for 'the cure', so I'll keep you posted to let you know if any of these so called 'miracles' work :D

Thanks for keeping the fingers crossed Ser V, I'll need it if previous claims of 'cures' are anything to go by. Anyone out there looking for a quick buck - just claim you have a cure for cfs/me, charge a fortune for it and all us poor desperate fools will come running... :mad: :blush:

Haha , didn`t tell me about this one Pod . There is no escape ... Thing is my birthday is 8th of May , and it`s my 29th so I better get some training in for the big one next year . I`ve been initiated into several wyrd groups of people , so bring it on , what you got and can I bring my sword ? I`d be happy in London or Barcelona ( as a big appreciator of Gaudi`s work ) . Any ideas on costs ? Depends how much beer I drink I suppose ...

Archived