Skagos

Ser Doctor

A odd island, big. The major house/rulers are called Magmar i.e leaders/rulers, so they have rather deep connections to the wildlings. They ride unicorns, are warlike, killed a stark of the north in an uprising, and generally sound interesting.

It sounds like they are or should have a place in the upcoming book what with stannis, the boltons, and the ironmen, and all the troubles of the north.

I'd love more info on the island when the world of Ice and Fire comes out. The whole world sounds neat, but the north and westeros probably take precedence over much of everything else.

Holy crap, I had no idea people have been waiting for this book for what will end up being 7 years!!!! Makes the gap between Feast and Dance seem........smaller.

I think that Skagos is very interesting, and if Osha has the support of the Skagosi in hiding Rickon then I foresee Davos having sone trouble in extraditing him. I do believe Rickon is there due to...i think Jon's direwolf dream? Where he sees Shaggydog taking down a shaggy goatlike creature (unicorn).

And if Osha hasnt got.the support of the Skagosi then thigs could still gdt messy. We have no idea how the natives react to people from mainland Westeros.or Essos, so regardless of his intentions Davos could be seized and imprisoned on sight. Oh I cant wait for Winds! We havent heard from Davos since mid-Dance so I am itching to read more of his storyline!

I reckon Skagos has a fighting strength on a par with the Mountain clans. So about 3000 - 4000 men.

I agree with that. They must be formidable enough given that they were such a problem when they rebelled. Seems like Skagos has much greater access to fishing than the mountain clans (though we are told the clans do fish) so perhaps it can support a greater population.

Hopefully we get a chance to see that fighting strength in action.

I agree with that. They must be formidable enough given that they were such a problem when they rebelled. Seems like Skagos has much greater access to fishing than the mountain clans (though we are told the clans do fish) so perhaps it can support a greater population.

Hopefully we get a chance to see that fighting strength in action.

Skagos also seems volcanic in origin. So they may well have thermal vents and other volcanic activities that heats up the interior a bit. Much like the valley of the Thenns, the volcanic vents under the Dreadfort and the hot water springs under Winterfell.

Skagos also seems volcanic in origin. So they may well have thermal vents and other volcanic activities that heats up the interior a bit. Much like the valley of the Thenns, the volcanic vents under the Dreadfort and the hot water springs under Winterfell.

Mountainous, certainly, but what evidence do you see for volcanoes? Hardhome isn't terribly far, but that's all I can think of.

Also where is the reference to the Dreadfort having volcanic vents?

Archived