AGOT Mafia 32.5: Vanilla--It's the Finest of the Flavors

House Reed

Day 2 starts here.

Day Three starts here.

Day Four starts here.

Novelty. Excitement. Hilarious scenes. Crazy new roles. A poorly researched but amusingly envisioned setting. Lengthy rules that don't actually mention any of the stuff you might want to know ...

If you're as annoyed by all of that nonsense as we are, this just might be the game for you.

This is a game for people who distrust change and fear the unknown.

• There will be two killers.
  • There will be one healer.
  • There will be no alts.
  • Days will last at most 24 hours.
  • There will be a coroner Finder (revealing faction, not roles)

Sign ups are open now for anybody not alive in the current big game. The game will start as soon as we get a dozen or so people.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Your mods (Pless and AE) proudly present:

THE RULES

Game Mechanics

(1) For a general idea of how the game works, see Pless's FAQ. Also, please feel free to PM the mods with any questions.

(2) Days will last 24 hours or until someone is lynched or players vote to go to night.

(3) In order to lynch someone, an absolute majority is required (e.g. if 12 players are alive, it is 7 votes to lynch).

(4) In order to go to night, a simple majority is required (e.g. if 12 players are alive, it is 6 votes to go to night).

(5) Night lasts for 12 hours or until all night PMs are received.

(6) This is a Coronor Finder game, which is to say that a player's faction will be revealed upon death.

(7) There are two factions: Good and Evil.

(8) Good wins when all the Evils are dead. Evil wins when all the Goods are dead (or it is clear that nothing will prevent this).

(9) Please see the following post for a role distribution list. (We will use killer, roleless innocent, and healer.)

(10) There will be no replacements.

(11) Spectators (including dead players), whether spoiled or not, should follow the "must not" rules. We realize we have no authority over you, but failure to do so can ruin the game for the active players, and that's really not cool.

(12) To sign up for the game, PM House Stonetree. Do not post in this thread till we tell you to.

Players Must

(1) Post at least once every 24 hours.

(2) Treat one another with respect.

(3) Log in anonymously.

(4) Send in night actions within 12 hours of nightfall if required to do so by their role. (Note that, while no role is required to take any action, you are still required to send in a PM specifying your desire to take "no action".)

(5) Make any edits to their posts the mods request of them, whether or not they agree that the post(s) in question should be edited.

(6) Have an account on the mafia discussion board. The account name used there must match the account name you use here.

Players Must NOT

(1) Communicate with one another about anything related to the game outside of the game thread (with the exception of the killers, who may communicate with one another as long as they are both alive in the game).

(2) Post about the game in any thread on any board which living players might see, except for the game thread itself.

(3) Post on the thread after you are dead. At all. Seriously.

(4) Make arguments based off of meta information such as who was recently active. The following things, for example, should not be brought up: if their profile shows they were active, if they were veiwing the thread non-anonymously (which they should not be doing), if they have posted on other threads, if you see them on IM, etc.

(5) Give anyone else access to their alt.

(6) Intentionally betray their faction.

(7) Quote PMs from the mods or offer to do so.

(8) Edit votes into posts. (Make a new post if you meant to vote but forgot to do so.)

Consequences for rules violations

It is impossible to say for certain what actions will merit which consequences. Depending on how seriously we view the rule violation, you may receive a warning, be told to edit a post (or posts), or be modkilled. Because we don't have access to your alts, please enable the pop-up function on PMs and read any PMs from the mods immediately. In some cases people (whether players or spectators) who break the rules may be denied access to the spoiler thread or have their access to this thread removed. If the mods feel the rules violation warrants a report to the metamods, we will make one.

All mod decisions are final. You can bitch about it after the game, but that's all there is to it.

Other

(1) Feel free to PM or IM your thoughts (or questions) to the mods. We love to hear them! (Please remember though--no spoilers for any other games which might be going on.)

(2) This is a game--the whole point of it is to have fun. So have fun, and don't try to ruin anyone else's enjoyment of the game either.

(3) The mods reserve the right to amend the rules during the game if we realize we've forgotten to cover something.

We still have spaces. You know you want in. :P We're nice, we're friendly, we're normal, we're fun. :) We swear. ;)

ROLES

Roleless Innocent

There are eight roleless innocents in the game.

Roleless innocents belong to the good faction.

This role has no special knowledge and no special abilities. It's probably the most difficult role, and also the awesomest.

Healer

There is one healer in the game.

The healer belongs to the good faction.

Each night the healer can PM the name of one player other than themselves to the mods. That player will be healed, and will not die if targetted at night by the killer(s).

Killer

There are two killers in the game.

Killers belong to the evil faction.

Each night, the killers can (collectively) send in the name of one player they wish to target. Assuming that this player is not healed, this player will die at the end of the night. Killers do not have to kill, but if they choose not to, they must still PM the mods stating their desire to take "no action". Killers can communicate off-thread at all times while killers are alive. As soon as one of the killers dies, all communication between these two players must cease.

Player List

DJDonegal

Dunhallym--killed Night One

Jagged

Joanna Nox--lynched Day One

Katran--killed Night Three

Khamul

Kurokaze

Pan--lynched Day Two

Piper of Chaos

VerySmallMonster

Weekapaug--lynched Day Three

The game has begun.

There are 11 players: DJDonnegal, Dunhallym, Jagged, Joanna Nox, Katran, Khamul, Kurokaze, Pan, Piper of Chaos, VerySmallMonster, Weekapaug.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

11 players have not voted: DJDonnegal, Dunhallym, Jagged, Joanna Nox, Katran, Khamul, Kurokaze, Pan, Piper of Chaos, VerySmallMonster, Weekapaug.

You have 24 hours left.

Have fun!!

Well, this is fun.

ETA: Do you think the mods will get angry if we spend two pages on RP? :P You know, for the sake of being contradictory and against the entire concept of the game. It'll be fun. The RP, I mean, not the getting modkilled part.

AETA: Pan's playing? Damn. Hope you're not an innocent, or we might as well give up right about now. :P

AAETA: Please don't lynch me.

RP? I didn't know there was a Rep Priest in this game. What are you trying to pull here Nox.

I think Nox is trying to steal our Vanilla here. Lynch the Vanilla thief. Nox

Yeah, we can RP but I think we can all agree that making our decisions at the very end of the day via Dice is the best way to go. Oh, use lynch train instead of lynch mob as much as possible as well. :P

Yeah, we can RP but I think we can all agree that making our decisions at the very end of the day via Dice is the best way to go.

I prefer random.org.

Oh, use lynch train instead of lynch mob as much as possible as well. :P

Why stop at train? We could experiment with other types of transportation as well. How about a lynch bus? I think I could go for an environmentally friendly lynch bicycle...

I prefer random.org.

Why stop at train? We could experiment with other types of transportation as well. How about a lynch bus? I think I could go for an environmentally friendly lynch bicycle...

I don't. I like dice better and I know Pless has used random.org himself in the past. :) So dice it is.

Nah, lynch bus doesn't make any sense at all...but maybe thats your point. If so good Idea we can start something that actually doesn't make any sense at all. :P

I don't. I like dice better and I know Pless has used random.org himself in the past. :) So dice it is.

I don't understand. If Pless has used random.org in the past, then he may well have used it again this time. So random.org may know who the killers are! Why don't you want us to use random.org, Jagged?

Well, this is fun.

ETA: Do you think the mods will get angry if we spend two pages on RP? :P You know, for the sake of being contradictory and against the entire concept of the game. It'll be fun. The RP, I mean, not the getting modkilled part.

AETA: Pan's playing? Damn. Hope you're not an innocent, or we might as well give up right about now. :P

AAETA: Please don't lynch me.

:( I betray my team one time, one little time, and now people think I do it every game, ridiculous, just plain ridiculous.

I for one advocate a lynch kayak.

Archived