Details, details, details part III

The Adequate Jon

In ACOK, Tyrion tells Joffrey, "I'm sorry for your loss." Joffrey says, "What loss?" Tyrion responds sarcastically, "Your father. A big man...."

In AFFC, Kevan tells Jaime, "I'm sorry for your loss." Jaime thinks he's talking about his hand. Kevan says, "I was talking about your father."

(These quotes aren't exact)

In AFFC, Kevan tells Jaime, "I'm sorry for your loss." Jaime thinks he's talking about his hand. Kevan says, "I was talking about your father."

(These quotes aren't exact)

I think that conversation was between Jaime and his Aunt Genna when he gets to Riverrun.

In a feast for crows after grrm explains the split in the books and after the listing of the great houses there is a dany chapter where she identifies two of the three treasons. then she mistrusts everyone which reminded me of the line where Doran says mistrust in a princess is a good thing. Also it is interesting that Jon gets mentioned in the begining and Dany gets a chapter in the end.

It's probably already been pointed out but Stark vs. Lannister=York vs. Lancaster in the War of the Roses... the Roses, in this case, being the Tyrells... and (at least according to the Richard III Theory) the one who actually killed the Princes in the Tower was Sir James Tyrrell.

Also, Varys has supposedly been working with Illyrio to restore Viserys and later Dany to the Iron Throne, but Jorah betrayed her by reporting on their movements... to Varys, who in turn told all to Robert's small council.

Guest Other-in-law

In aCoK Tyrion gets angry at Boros Blount after the mob attack and threatens to have Shagga split his ugly head open to see if there's any brains inside.

"Ser Boros went purple with rage. 'You would call me ugly, you?"

In aSoS, Jaime scolds Boros for his cowardice:

"You speak to me thus? You?"

"You should have died before you let Tommen be taken."

"As you died protecting Aerys, ser?"

I have high hopes that at some point either Sam Tarly or Wyman Manderly will rebuke Boros for his weight problem, and maybe Owen the Oaf or Patchface will point out his stupidity to him. :P

When Varys lets Tyrion use his bedroom to "entertain" Shae, Tyrion comments on how hard the bed is. Varys says he likes a firm bed because he suffers from terrible back pain.

Later, Tyrion is looking for the secret entrance, and Shae says it is under the bed. Tyrion finds a secret lever and the bed lifts up, revealing the secret entrance. Apparently the bed is hard because it is an entrance, not a bed.

But it occured to me on a recent re-read that Varys could have been telling a half truth. I think he actually does have back pain from skulking around the secret passages all the time.

I think that conversation was between Jaime and his Aunt Genna when he gets to Riverrun.

The exchange was sorta like:

Genna "Jaime, my love, am sorry for your loss."

Jaime: "well, the smiths made me this golden replica, and I am learning to use it."

Genna: "How nice. Will the smiths make you a golden father too?"

Genna Lannister, ladies and gents. She brings teh funny.

I would actually think that the dead chick in the egg is stronger foreshadowing of a miscarriage than of a birth.

Agreed. Especially because Cersei has been drinking like a fish - not good for the baby.

Agreed. Especially because Cersei has been drinking like a fish - not good for the baby.

I've always thought that she'd definitely miscarry if pregnant as well, but more because Maggythe Frog told her she'd have three children.

Archived