Some Aspect Emperor news-S. Bakker

Calibandar

Yep, that's the one. I'm one of the people he thanks btw. I don't think that means you can't call a crap excuse a crap excuse though, whoever has made it.

Whatever, it's just my opinion on the matter and I hardly expect other people to agree.

• 5 months later...

So, following the latest excellent interview Pat did with Scott, the following quotes came forth:

The pub date for The Judging Eye appears to have been pushed back to winter 2009. Is that accurate or just a tentative release date? Has the book been postponed because the format of The Aspect-Emperor went from being a duology to a trilogy?

As far as I know that’s tentative, and it has more to do with scheduling issues arising from Neuropath than anything else. I’ve started writing the sequel, but I keep finding myself going back to fiddle with things – I’m a chronic fiddler, probably because of the Cringe Game. Revision really is a central part of the process for me.

- Now that you got the ball rolling, how long do you figure the wait between each installment will be?

I’m anticipating that The Aspect Emperor will roll out the same as The Prince of Nothing: the first two books a year apart with a several month longer gap before the final volume – because of the intervening second psychothriller. I tend to be the most productive when I have a gun pointed at my head, and right now I’m in the middle of a Mexican standoff. The words, they are a flying!

And:

If you could go back in time and make a few changes to The Prince of Nothing, what would those changes be? With that in mind, are you attempting to steer clear of some "mistakes" you may have made in the first series when you sit down to write The Judging Eye and its sequels?

Steve Erikson and I had a conversation about this very thing at the ICFA a couple of weeks ago. Both of us are building very tall series on narrow foundations simply because of the sheer complexity of our first books. My bold prediction is that Steve’s next series will be every bit as successful as A Song of Ice and Fire.

If I could go back, I would exhaustively rewrite The Darkness that Comes Before to include the Kellhus chapters that I cut out, and to add a couple of others. I should have stuck with him so that the reader could have learned the complexities of the world as he learned those complexities, then I would have slowly added the alternate POVs.

Another error I think I made in The Prince of Nothing as a whole is that I think I focused too much on interior action – I spent too much time knocking around in my characters’ heads. This is one thing that I tried to rectify in The Judging Eye: there’s still plenty of internal action, but I like to think I’ve done a better job balancing it with external action.

Even still, my bold prediction is that The Aspect Emperor will be nowhere as popular as A Song of Ice and Fire, but that the world junkies among us will be pleased indeed.

So, a first draft has definitly been turned in but the Winter 2009 release date is still not wholly confirmed because Scott, even when he has started writing the sequel that he thinks will come out the year after, still comes back for some elements to revise to said draft. I'll keep hoping it really comes out in December/January at least.

• 3 months later...
http://www.amazon.com/Judging-Eye-R-Scott-...4119&sr=1-1

It seems certain now that the release date is January now that Scott's american publisher has also listed the book. I'm curious about what cover art they will be using this time.

I really like the covers on the U.S hardcovers so hopefully something similar to them.

http://www.amazon.com/Judging-Eye-R-Scott-...4119&sr=1-1

It seems certain now that the release date is January now that Scott's american publisher has also listed the book. I'm curious about what cover art they will be using this time.

Good news! I am going to go preorder it right now! :thumbsup:

Archived