ADWD release date

JCrew

In the book Against the Gods, there are often times when the wisdom of the masses is surprisingly accurate. One example is that the average guess of a great number of people about how many jelly beans are in a jar turns out to be extremely accurate. I would like to repeat the experiment. The goal is to try to guess the release date of the ADWD. After enough guesses I will calculate the average date.

My guess:

March 5th 2008

In the book Against the Gods, there are often times when the wisdom of the masses is surprisingly accurate. One example is that the average guess of a great number of people about how many jelly beans are in a jar turns out to be extremely accurate. I would like to repeat the experiment. The goal is to try to guess the release date of the ADWD. After enough guesses I will calculate the average date.

7 june 2008

Not sure if this is exactly comparable. I mean, in a case of a jar of jelly beans, you know how big the beans are, and how bing the jar is. It's easier not to miss at least the order of magnitude. But here, we only have our own wishful thinking, and the knowledge that it's not done yet (and no, I'm not one of the people that calculate GRRM's average writing speed, page count, word count, etc.). Still, in the spirit of being an unrepenting deluded, optimistic fangirl, ;) I'll go out on a limb and say 31st December 2007. :)

How much more does he have to write, though, seriously? I thought in the last update he was going back and revising things...but I could be wrong about that.

If he already had approximately half the book done when AFFC came out, is it really going to take him five years from now to finish it? That seems ridiculous to me, but I guess I'm more optimistic than most seeing as I didn't live through the 5 yr gap between ASoS & AFFC.

Archived