Goodkind XVIII: Naked Mole Rats of Discord

Werthead

Hmm I'll have to find them for free somewhere. I always like a good laugh. Or bad English that I don't have to mark.

Weren't Mystar and consorts trolling here for a while?

Hmm I'll have to find them for free somewhere. I always like a good laugh. Or bad English that I don't have to mark.

Weren't Mystar and consorts trolling here for a while?

mystar would stop by now and then to call us losers (or something like that) and tell us how sad and pathetic we are, then he would leave and come back in a month or so. He wouldn't argue the merits of tairy, ever.

For picking up the books, keep in mind that Soul of the Fire has the evil chicken, and Faith of the Fallen is where tairy's "philosophy" takes off. FotF is also widely considered by fans to be the best of the series. So beware, and have liquor readily available.

Thanks for the link. Kheldar seems nice. Everyone else seemed prepared to defend Tairy to the death - probably like we'd defend George?

I still haven't read TG. I might try it, I guess, if only to understand what all the hubub is about and I could get the books free.

Remember the rule about not feeding the yeard. Try to buy them second hand.

BTW, I don't know if you're aware of this, but your avatar is currently in use by one of the rape-lovers at TG.net. Freaked me out for a sec.

He wouldn't argue the merits of tairy, ever.

Hehe, I wonder why.

Did you and Mysh go in there with the intent of getting chucked out again as quickly as possible or did you actually, for a while, intend to participate in serious conversations there? :P

Loved your av over there, Moose :) Kinda summarises the SOT, really.

I'm putting one of my kids into detention next week. Maybe I should make her translate a couple of chapters of Chainfire.

BTW, I don't know if you're aware of this, but your avatar is currently in use by one of the rape-lovers at TG.net. Freaked me out for a sec.

I saw that too and thought "hey, what brings Taichidave over here?"

Hehe, I wonder why.

Did you and Mysh go in there with the intent of getting chucked out again as quickly as possible or did you actually, for a while, intend to participate in serious conversations there? :P

Loved your av over there, Moose :) Kinda summarises the SOT, really.

I'm putting one of my kids into detention next week. Maybe I should make her translate a couple of chapters of Chainfire.

My motivation for going over there is a mystery, even to me.

btw, kicking your kids in the jaw would be a kinder fate. Better than having their young minds detroyed by the yeard.

He wouldn't argue the merits of tairy, ever.

I don't want to try to speak for him, but from my hazy memory (and looking over that last thread that was linked) it isn't that he won't argue the merits of tairy, it's simple pointless for him to do so because all we ever do is read into the writing what we want to read into it and miss the point completely. So why debate when he already knows he's right and we're simply wrong? Sheer cowardice IMO.

(By the by, updated the sig for ya'll!)

Hehe, I wonder why.

I did try to engage them in serious conversations for a while, but I got sick of their circular reasoning. Douchebags.

btw, kicking your kids in the jaw would be a kinder fate. Better than having their young minds detroyed by the yeard.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to hit them. While I despise all kinds of unnecessary violence, especially towards children, some of those are stupid, rude and useless beyond redemption. Richard would love them.

I wonder when one of the Tairies will start accusing us over here of hypocrisy concerning the whole child-kicking business, as after all, Jaime doesn't get directly punished for chucking Bran out of the window.

I wonder when one of the Tairies will start accusing us over here of hypocrisy concerning the whole child-kicking business, as after all, Jaime doesn't get directly punished for chucking Bran out of the window.

We'll be hypocrites when we start celebrating Bran being tossed out the window and argue that the little brat had it coming.

Mystar has repeatedly accused us of hypocrisy over the Jaime/Bran incedent. I'll tell you what I told him: Jamie throwing Bran out the window wasn't potrayed as the moral and right thing to do. Richard kicking Violet was.

Mystar has repeatedly accused us of hypocrisy over the Jaime/Bran incedent. I'll tell you what I told him: Jamie throwing Bran out the window wasn't potrayed as the moral and right thing to do. Richard kicking Violet was.

They make similar accusations about rape in asoiaf and wonder why we see a difference. But of course, we're the idiots. :rolleyes:

They make similar accusations about rape in asoiaf and wonder why we see a difference. But of course, we're the idiots.

I wonder how high the percentage of female Tairy fans is. I mean, as a woman, I can't take anybody seriously, and even far far less adore, who says that rape is in any case forgivable, or even just.

Wishing somebody you hate to be raped is just far beyond sick.

I wonder how high the percentage of female Tairy fans is. I mean, as a woman, I can't take anybody seriously, and even far far less adore, who says that rape is in any case forgivable, or even just.

Wishing somebody you hate to be raped is just far beyond sick.

I don't know what the percentage might be, but there are a few over there, shockingly silent over the "gangrape as punishment" bit. I think a lot of women would be uncomfortable in that mental circle-jerk.

quick edit: seems people still want to argue with us despite our banning. Neat! :D

Yeah. That's where I appropriated it. I like Wallace & Grommit. Sorry for the freak-out.

Unless you work in a prison for gang-raping youth, they do not deserve the punishment. Kick 'em in the jaw instead.

Just remember that if we troll over there, they might troll over here, and that usually ends in more aggravation than humour. Instead, post quotes from their website and mock 'em from a safe distance.

As long as you promise not to troll, here is the link.

While you're there you might also want to check out "Why Goodkind", "You all kinda suck", and "Regarding Ears".

Interesting. I would've tried a different tack - said that Richard is offering the same choice as the Imperial Order (join or die), and thus his idea of liberty must be the same as the Order's. People would've said it was taken out of context, though.

Archived