Failure to Launch

Frosty

Did you read the Fantasy Masterworks collection? That was the one I had. What was that last story all about? :o

The last story's ending was extremely odd. So odd I just didn't feel it was worth the effort trying to make sense of it.

I did actually like the novels in Viriconium (especially the first two) but the short stories did tend to be a bit nonsensical.

Well I have allways felt that i should read some of the classics. The big names in litterature, to get a little literary pondus. But some books I just can´t manage.

Kafta, The Trial: I have started on this book several times. After reading a page i just feel like I need a glas of water. It is so dry I am spitting out sawdust. I can off course se the big and important issues that the book raises, but still it is a dull read. Haven´t finished i yet.

Did you read the Fantasy Masterworks collection? That was the one I had. What was that last story all about? :o

The last story's ending was extremely odd. So odd I just didn't feel it was worth the effort trying to make sense of it.

I did actually like the novels in Viriconium (especially the first two) but the short stories did tend to be a bit nonsensical.

I have the Bantam re-issue with A Young Man's Journey to Viriconium as the final story, and yeah WTF was that? At that point I seriously was wondering what M. John was on when he was writing not just that story, but all of them, it must have been some really expensive shit. I think Viriconium could have used some world-building, maybe then it would have made a smidgen of sense. I'm 99.9% sure I will never read another of his books.

Thomas Covenant Series -- I quit the first one, then finished it about 6 months later, then for some reason bought the 2nd book. Quit it 3 months ago, maybe I'll finish it someday. If I feel suicidal.

Anne Rice -- I really enjoyed her first 3 books, went WAY downhill after that. Sadly i finished almost all of them.

4th book of Terry GOodkind -- dont know how I even made it that far.

Archived