Eddard lives!

Reestlord

When I first read this theory I got excited, I did't know it existed until now. I would love it if Eddard was secretly alive the whole time but as I read on the theory fell apart. For instance what would be his motive to sit around the whole time his family is being presumably killed off, the realm thinks that any male heir to WF is dead. Another contributing factor is what GRRM has said in interviews about Gandalf (which has been mentioned above in this thread) in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, he says that he wouldn't have brought Gandalf back when he was thought to have died. The chances of Lord Eddard returning to his position in the North is sadly extremely slim.

I originally thought his was going to be a faceless man theory, say a faceless man who can warg into the birds and then come back alive into a diff body. But, wow, this theory is even more out there. I'd totally like to see Ned come back though just so he can get speared in the leg by a one hand Jaime lannister.

The biggest problem with this theroy is that Ned would have shown back up by now. Everyone thinks Bran and Rikkon die, Winterfell is sacked by the Greyjoys and burned by the Boltons. Catelyn dies a horrible death. Robb leads a war in which he is assinated. The North is in tatters, Sansa and Arya are missing, and Ned just bides his time?

Unless you think Varys has had him locked up this whole time, but if that is the case then why save him at all?

And Finally, the HBO show guys would know this and that was the real Ned Stark up on that stage getting his head chopped off.

• 3 months later...

lol

So let me get this straight. Varys paid an eddard look alike to go lie to a crowd and subsequently get their head chopped off?!

this is crazy

Eddard was not supposed to be beheaded dont forget. he was supposed to go to the wall and i think on the way, Varys had another plan

• 2 months later...

Would love to see Eddard come back but if it took him this long then his not the Stark I love. He would have came back after Rob died at the lastest. No Eddard one of the best characters (in my opinion and still hate Martin for killing) is truly gone but if he did come back talk about a mind Fu$% lol

Archived