Who would play whom?

unJon

So I put this here in case someone responds with a character only in AFFC, which might be a spoiler.

If ASOIAF were made into a movie, who should play which character? Or when you are reading, do you visualize one of the characters as a real person?

I don't except for one guy. Kevan Lannister, in my head, looks exactly like Will Patton.

I've read a bunch of these threads and I never agree with the actors people pick, which, in my opinion, is a good thing. It means the characters have lives of their own, I think.

The only character I have assigned an actor to is Tywin Lannister because I remember reading (in SSM, I think) that GRRM pictured him like Kurtwood Smith (the Dad on "That 70's Show) and since then I've pictured him as such. I think it works really well. Except now whenever I read over the passage where he tells Tyrion he can't have Casterly Rock, I imagine Tywin ending it by calling him a "dumbass."

I don't usually picture actors when reading fictional characters , but for some reason with Sansa Stark, I've always pictured the daughter from American Beauty (Thora Birch is the actress's name). She's a bit old for the role now, but this is just a mental game anyway. I'm sure I'm alone in this visualization.

I don't know about Orlando, I like men who are, well, manlier. So maybe he would be a good Loras. :D

I live for movies, and I've given this a lot of thought during times when I probably had better things to think about, and here's my $.02.

Ellaria Sand must be played by Angelina Jolie. (Although Ms. Jolie would also make a kick-ass Melissandre.)

The Old Bear, the Mormont who was Lord Commander of the Wall, should be Sean Connery.

I think Jake Gylenhall would make a good Jon Snow, but I'm sure someone else will come up with another one.

Sandor Clegane should be Vin Diesel (who cares if his skin's darker, he's menacing and brooding, and he's got that voice that makes me shiver).

Cersei could be played by the country singer Faith Hill if she can act.

That's all I can remember right now, but this is an interesting post, I hope other people post their thoughts too.

I think Jake Gylenhall would make a good Jon Snow, but I'm sure someone else will come up with another one.

I think Jake would be rather suitable for Jon Snow. If he grew his hair abit, he would look the part. I also think Jake could play Eddie from Dark Tower, but thats a totall different topic ;).

Daniel Day Lewis is a great choice for Stark, and I would rather see Patrick Stewart as Barristan Selmy, but I agree with Kurtwood Smith as Tywin, although now I can't get strangerface's idea of him calling people "dumbass" out of my head!

The story is too big for a movie or even a series of movies...It is too much...But Dunk and Egg The Hedgeknight and the Sworn Sword would make very good movies. Tight plots and limited number of characters...Very easy to do...

It's funny... but the only two people in ASOIAF I've imagined actors for as I read them were:

Eddard Stark - David Straitharn (Good Night and Good Luck)

Brienne of Tarth - Robin Weigert (Calamity Jane on Deadwood)

For some reason, their faces seem to fit the characters.

I forgot my favorite.....

Antonio Banderas as Oberyn Martell.

And James Purefoy (Mark Antony on "Rome") as Renly.

And BTW, I can't wait until the next season of Deadwood starts, Robin Weigart would be a great Brienne.

Ned - Daniel Day Lewis

Cat - Connie Nielsen

Tywin - Victor from Underworld

Hound - Brian Thompson (if he was a few years younger - the guy fits perfectly)

Cersei - Denise Richards physically fits the part, but Im not sure about the acting - maybe Rachel McAdams

Jaime - Everyone says Jude Law, but come on, Jaime is supposed to be a badass - I pick the guy from Lost

Littlefinger - Johhny Depp

Benjen - Eric Bana

Renly - Tom Welling

Rodrick Cassel - Sam Elliot

Blackfish - Harrison Ford

Melisandre - Monica Bellucci/Demi Moore

Oberyn Martell - Antonio Banderas

Ellaria Sand - Catherine Zeta Jones

I can't see Antonio B as enough of a badass to be the red viper...keep picturing Puss...In Boots

My friends and I did this list a few months ago - I'll see if I can dig it up for fun.

Really quick though - Jude Law/Nicole Kidman were our Jaime/Cersai - that was before they were an item.

Archived