Who would play whom?

unJon

These threads show up again and again, but they're still fun.

Stark

Ned: Viggo Mortensen. I see Ned as a rather sad, weary man who can be kind and commanding as well.

Jon: I can't really think of any good Jon, but I'll say Cillian Murphy because I'd like to include him somewhere.

Sansa: Michelle Trachtenberg. She mastered dividing audiences when on Buffy.

Lyanna: Keira Knightley with her dark Pride & Prejudice hair.

Lannister

Tywin: Ed Harris. For a long time I went with Patrick Stewart but after watching The Truman Show I feel that Harris is a better match for Tywin's ruthlessness.

Cersei: Nicole Kidman. She's beautiful more than sexually inviting, but she can do Cersei's AFFC paranoia just right.

Tyrion: Peter Dinklage.A dwarf who got praise for his role in The Station Agent .

Joffrey: Max Pirkis from Rome. Thanks to whoever suggested this at the old board! He's a fine match, much better than my former choice of Tom Felton.

Myrcella: Dakota Fanning.

Baratheon

Robert: John Rhys-Davies.

Stannis: Robert Patrick. Steely and creepy.

Renly: Orlando Bloom. Pretty and too old to be Loras.

Tully

Catelyn: Julianne Moore. She's a great actress and can handle a character that's caused so much debate.

Brynden: Liam Neeson. Tough and worthy of one's respect.

Targaryen

Dany: Scarlett Johansson. There's no perfect Dany but Johansson is a blonde beauty, almost the right age and talented enough to succeed in a major role.

Rhaegar: Heath Ledger. He's getting some raves for his latest film that suggest he's a better actor than I'd thought.

Other

Sandor: Russell Crowe. He can certainly do violent intensity.

Gregor: Tom Sizemore. Just make him look bigger.

Littlefinger: Alan Cumming. Nonthreatening but cunning.

Melisandre: Monica Bellucci. Hot, dangerous and intelligent.

Oberyn: Benicio Del Toro. Not entirely happy with this choice.

Ellaria: Penelope Cruz.

Dinklage, Johannson, and Bellucci are excellent suggestions.

I think Viggo is too young, and Kidman too old, for the respective parts you suggested them for.

Jon is far and away the most difficult to envision. Probably, for me, it's because I envision myself. BWHAAHAHAH. Call it the "perceived fantasy hero identification syndrome".

Queen of Thorns – Vanessa Redgrave / Maggie Smith

They're both a bit too tall. ;) But I'd take Maggie Smith. I loved her in "David Copperfield" playing Aunt Betsey, and I imagine the QoT sort of similarly, so it works.

You guys pick good looking people for everyone. Hee. I picture a lot of the characters as pretty ugly. Johnny Depp could surely play Littlefinger, but I think we would've hear about it if Littlefinger had cheekbones that could slice glass. I picture Littlefinger a bit more greasy like Alan Cumming or Robert Knepper.

I think Lee Boardman (Timon from Rome) would make a decent Littlefinger.

Dakota Fanning as Arya is brilliant. Too good in fact. I can't get the image of DF stabbing someone out of my head. "Where is your gold?..."

If they do make a move/series out of this, I'd actually rather not it be stuffed with celebrities. You can find stage actors and lesser-known people that can do just as good a job. Celebrities tend to be themselves first and the character second too often.

I will admit, though, that I always pictured Eddard Stark as Liam Nesson.

Also, this is weird, but I always pictured the Hound as looking like Brian Urlacher (NFL linebacker). I imagine they're comparable in terms of size, athleticism, and attitude.

I just rewatched Troy last night, so am trying to think who would be good for Eric Bana to portray. I think he could play Robert Baratheon really well. Did anyone see him in Chopper, where he gained like 50 pounds? That would serve him well in GoT, as he would have to put on weight to show the drunken old SOB that Robert became. And if they ever had a flashback of the fight between him and Rhaegar, we know Bana can fight (Achilles/Hector fight was sweet!)

Also, this is weird, but I always pictured the Hound as looking like Brian Urlacher (NFL linebacker). I imagine they're comparable in terms of size, athleticism, and attitude.

Gods, that looks like a friend of mine, :o he's a cook though...

Tywin Lannister- Ia have to agree with Ed Harris on this one.

Ceresi Lannister- If we could decrease Sharon Stone's age to when she was in Basic Instinct I think she would be perfect.

Littlefinger- the guy from prisonbreak who was in prison for molestation and talks with a southern acccent.

Jamie Lannister- Brad Pitt or Jude Law

Tyrion Lannister- the one smart guy from the beginning of Princess Bride who says "Inconceivable" if we could get him shorter some how. Wll I guess that is more of just how the character is in the movie... but hey.

Tyrion Lannister- the one smart guy from the beginning of Princess Bride who says "Inconceivable" if we could get him shorter some how. Wll I guess that is more of just how the character is in the movie... but hey.

"Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Astapor", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Lannister, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah. " *choke* :ack:

I think Liam Neeson would be a good Ned, though he's a little too old. However, I always pictured Ned as looking older than he really was.

Johnny Depp could pull of a good Littlefinger. Petyr always struck me as being sharp-faced. Plus, Depp's short enough. While he isn't a midgit or anything, he's not particularly tall. Though if you were going for dimunitive stature and creepiness, go with Tom Cruise. :sick:

As for the Hound, my first choice is Gerard Butler He's the tall Scot from Phantom of the Opera and the upcoming Beowulf. He can really go crazy and ferocious when he wants to, but like in Dear Frankie, can show extreme warmth. He's around the right age, and plus, he's pretty good with a sword.

If they do make a move/series out of this, I'd actually rather not it be stuffed with celebrities. You can find stage actors and lesser-known people that can do just as good a job. Celebrities tend to be themselves first and the character second too often.

Actually, I was watching a Masterpiece Theater historical drama not long ago and thinking how well-suited the troupe would've been to ASOIAF.

Archived