Sworn Sword #1 from Marvel released!

benavery

Doubt it'll be available through Amazon until the collected edition/graphic novel is released sometime after the series is complete. At the moment it's just the comics that are coming out, and unless I've missed something (entirely possible) Amazon doesn't deal in individual issues of comics.

Edit: Or what Ran said:p

Amazon never carriers individual issues of comics. If you want to buy it collected as one graphic novel, they'll certainly carry that, but it'll be about half a year or more before it's collected.

Actually . . . rumor is it may be collected as early as December.

Now, they've changed plans on me before, so I don't know how valid that is . . . that's just what I heard a few months back.

Back to the covers conversation . . .

On my website, you can see a collected gallery of covers:

HEDGE KNIGHT II COVER GALLERY

It's mostly what you'd find on the Marvel website, but all in one place.

There's also a Hedge Knight gallery from the first series, but if you've been to Mr. Martin's website you've already seen that. (I got them from him.)

~ Ben Avery

Actually . . . rumor is it may be collected as early as December.

December?! I thought it would we much later, but nuw the question is... can I wait 'til December? :huh:

On my website, you can see a collected gallery of covers:

HEDGE KNIGHT II COVER GALLERY

Great covers! Miller's work for issues 2 and three is outstanding.

The covers are meant to convey emotional meaning, not specific situations. The Yu cover . . . well, that's just pretty.

As for Mike's cover, if you haven't read Sworn Sword in its novella form yet, I don't want to ruin it for you, but it represents an emotional state for Dunk. Years ago, there was a battle between people under a black dragon's banner and people under a red dragon's banner. As a result, Dunk finds himself in a tight spot. It drives the whole plot forward, and nearly the entirety of The Sworn Sword occurs as a result of that conflict. That's what the cover is intended to represent.

I hope you enjoyed the story regardless of what was on the covers!

~ Ben Avery

I have read TSS, and the Blackfyre rebellion did play into the story, I didn't think it was more than just details and setting needed to move the plot along between the two sides in the story, not to give too many details out. I love the artwork, just wasn't sure about the covers chosen. The rest of the covers in your posted collection are good. Especially Daemon Blackfyre.

Ran

True, it was later in the story, but he had already sworn his sword to Ser Eustace before the story began...

I have read TSS, and the Blackfyre rebellion did play into the story, I didn't think it was more than just details and setting needed to move the plot along between the two sides in the story, not to give too many details out.

Yeah, it's hard to talk about without . . . well, talking about! :)

When the story starts rolling, it seems the Blackfyre rebellion is window dressing and world building . . . but toward the middle, you start to see how the rebellion (and the Redgrass battle specifically) drive the motivations of the two sides . . . with Dunk caught in the middle.

I believe that cover, btw, was originally going to be the cover for issue 3. Which would make more sense. But the powers that be thought it looked great (it does, of course) and that was that! In fact, I just found the file for what was SUPPOSED to be the cover to issue 1. I'll ask if I can show it to you guys.

~ Ben

wow...I'm glad i found this thread. I had started another inquiring what was handed out at Westeros Wednesday (I was unable to attend). I haven't gotten any replies, so, yeah, it was nice to find this. My thread contains my review, along with a full paragraph of me blabbering on about the covers. you can find it at http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showt...mp;#entry865016 .

About the covers: I really would like the Yu cover. and now that I've learned that they distributed posters of Yu's artwork, well, now I'm even more upset about not being able to go.

wow...I'm glad i found this thread. I had started another inquiring what was handed out at Westeros Wednesday (I was unable to attend). I haven't gotten any replies, so, yeah, it was nice to find this. My thread contains my review, along with a full paragraph of me blabbering on about the covers. you can find it at http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showt...mp;#entry865016 .

About the covers: I really would like the Yu cover. and now that I've learned that they distributed posters of Yu's artwork, well, now I'm even more upset about not be able to go.

Well, what they handed out at my comic shop was a poster, postcard, and a Dabel Brothers letter opener. Something fell through with the contest. I don't know the details.

The poster was, indeed, Yu's artwork. Looked nice. REAL nice.

(That's just me pouring salt on the wound. :) )

~ Ben

Archived