WoW

RaceBannon42

One word.

Bubble-Hearth.

Bubble only lasts 10 secs at most. Hearth takes at least 15, I think. Or at least it did for me.

I could be wrong though, and I confess that I wasn't thinking about it at all. I figured I could take on those mobs and then leave later - it was totally me being all manly and showing how much I could kick ass. Next time I'll try it and see. :)

And for all Neth promises that good things are coming for the sham - watch it be something like:

"Totem upgrades! we added more useless totems to try to make the other elements as bloated as Air!"

"Windfury proc has new animation!"

"Drenai shams finally have what they've been asking for! an Alliance version of the Ghost Wolf spell that is waaaaay cooler than the Horde version!"

Though the hints that the 2handed talent was replaced has us thinking that they finally are making it trainable.

There are also rumors that the Mana Spring is getting buffed - but 'buffed' may not be enough for such a weak totem, needs more like OVERHAUL.

So is this the cue for me to stop working on my alt, an L20 Orc Shammy? :D

Never fear - I will always love Shams (all 3 or 5 of the ones I have, ;) )

It's just that Bliz doesn't seem to share our opinion of them. Or do, and they just suck at communication.

It's true that we have the lowest player population - but in the right situations, we're invaluable.

It's just that mechanics, development gaffs and player opinion rarely let us shine.

I don't regret a minute spent on any of my shams (aside from making my main a blacksmith instead of a leatherworker, :( )

Bubble only lasts 10 secs at most. Hearth takes at least 15, I think. Or at least it did for me.

I could be wrong though, and I confess that I wasn't thinking about it at all. I figured I could take on those mobs and then leave later - it was totally me being all manly and showing how much I could kick ass. Next time I'll try it and see. :)

Hearthstone is a 10 second cast... bubble duration depends on rank (and thus your level). It's not until level 50 that you get bubble-hearth bubbles.

Heroic Sethekk isn't as bad as it was. First time I ever tried, the initial two guards were enough to wipe us repeatedly and send us running. Now you just need a good tank and a good healer. Did it with a priest who'd never run a heroic before and we only wiped once, due to mage confusion (sleep is not sheep).

Hmm. I could've DS/hearthed, then - DS has a 10 sec duration. Really, it never crossed my mind to run away or that I'd need to. Oops. Carrie will be amused to know that it wasn't her running away that killed me - it was my needing to l2p. :P

Hey Ro (and anyone else out there) - what kind of laptop do you use with WoW? Carrie's looking for recommendations.

Well, the first question is, do you want a Mac or a PC? If a Mac, just figure out how much money you want to spend, and pay your nearest Apple vendor.

If you want a PC, then looking for components is key. Especially the display, which I've found many times is best examined by looking at it yourself. RAM is 2 gigs. No more. No less. Unless you want to overpay for memory you probably don't need. CPU choice is more flexible. I think Intel has a new CPU for laptops out, and I know AMD just released new steppings for their desktop pcs. Might be an announcement of faster Turion's coming. Wireless is currently transitioning to a new standard, but it's not fixed yet, so make sure you get a major brand card if you're going with it. If you're planning on using Wireless-N, it probably is a good idea to check and see what cards and routers work well together.

But really, when it comes to Laptops, there's nothing like personal experience. Seeing how it looks. Feeling the keys. Looking at the display. It's not like you can do anything about that after you get it, so it's best to be satisfied.

I have an old Dell latitude. It can play WOW, but not acceptably. However, you can practically find better ones being thrown away now so it's a non-issue.

Now you may not like Dell, but I've always found them fine, and they're in Wal-marts now so you can easily check them out. They're also coming out with a new gaming laptop shortly so it will probably be worth waiting a few weeks.

Hey fellow Rawr members, can someone invite my NE druid alt to join the guild next time I am online. I guess I wasn't online enough as him (Thranathiril) because I seem to have been forcibly ejected from the guild he was in.

Aratan

Managed to get a KZ group going this weekend despite most of the people in the guild being at the guild meet.

Was a bit of an odd group, we had three shamans healing on Sat, and three rogues. We managed to ninjapull Attument/Midnight through the wall where I thought it was impossible, but still got him down, so that was great.

Got to Moroes, no shackles available so we had a hunter trap and kite one, and we killed three. Was a pain int he bum before we got him down, had three/four goes, especially since the garrottes bugged and were still on once moroes died. It was only me standing in the end and I had to kite him around, while people rand back in. We did get even the last add in the end, and got crap loot for it. Two trinkets, pure shite.

Went on to Opera which we wiped on. Really shitty, but our group was not ideal and we had some new people in. Wiped on Curator as well, I gave the poor raid an earful and the next try we got him down as if we had never done anything else. Stopped there for Saturday, since we had a resto druid tanking and an enh shaman healing. They did well, but for the trash up to Prince, and maybe Aran, you need a really good group setup, preferrably.

Anyways, we managed to get a pally for Sun, went on to Chess and oddly enough, the spell shade pulls almost went better without shackles, as if people focused more just cos they knew it would be hard. I have to say, despite a less than ideal group setup again, we did well.

Got to chess breezed to Prince and almost ran out of time. Got only three tries on him and with the amount of melee we had, it would have been hard to make it, plus we were very limited on time. A pity, since Prince is the only one in there I really need anything from.

Had to pass on Maiden since we didn't have anyone to dispell the holy fire, and even with one dispeller it's pretty difficult going. Plus lots of melee.

It was odd to raid-lead again after all that time, but I hope people had some fun. Stegho was imba as MT, cos I am not sure I would have been good at marking mobs at all.

Thinking about it, we did get Prince to 3% with two people dead early on and a drunken Danish druid being our infernal caller. Kinda puts it in perspective.

It was interesting, anyway. :D

And now I've actually seen a wipe on Curator. The drunken Danish infernal caller taking 3-4 minutes and about 200 words to explain where we should move to was pretty damn funny, but made it hard to call out the enfeebles.

That ninjapull on Attumen from two rooms away was interesting. "Poke him in the ass" was somewhat memorable as well.

I got the Wrynn dynasty greaves from Curator to replace my craptastic tier 4. I haven't and won't dis the pants because I'm deathly afraid of Ghost of Nymeria. And she threatened my life when I talked about dissing a trinket.

Thanks for putting together the raid, Anna. (And Neil)

When you have rogues in your raid, it's all about the ass-poking :P

As for the drunked danish druid, I have NO IDEA how he manages to always be drunk. Or maybe he just sounds drunk all the time, while he i actually sober. I can't tell the difference, except maybe he sings more when he's really drunk.

Archived