More MLB

Jaxom 1974

The sham of the DH strikes again as Ortiz makes the All Star roster as a starter. Oh he deserves to be there, but he's played how many games at first this yeat...?

Psh, your NL is to blame. If you just gave in and welcomed the DH into your league, you wouldn't force him to pretend he's something he's not. Although he did play some first this year.

All-Star snub time. I say Kevin Youkilis should have made it. Anyone else got a nomination?

Psh, your NL is to blame. If you just gave in and welcomed the DH into your league, you wouldn't force him to pretend he's something he's not. Although he did play some first this year.

All-Star snub time. I say Kevin Youkilis should have made it. Anyone else got a nomination?

Playing with a DH isn't baseball! AL fans can hardly remember what a stolen base is, let alone a sacrifice bunt. And try expaining a double switch to an AL fan. And don't get me started on how easy the DH makes it to manage an AL team. All an AL manager has to do is fill out a lineup card, and then he might as well go home. AL baseball isn't real baseball. The only real baseball being played in America is on the senior circuit.

All-Star snub: Chris Young (Although he still might make it on the internet vote)

All-Star snub: Jeremy Guthrie of the Baltimore Orioles.

A modest W/L record of 4-2 belies incredible individual statistics over the 13 starts since he was thrust into the starting rotation: 2.63 ERA (2nd in the AL), 0.89 WHIP and a .205 BAA.

Poor run support and shitty bullpen meltdowns in his games have robbed him of at least 5 wins. The only time in those 13 starts he allowed more than 3 ER was tonight (4 ER in 8 IP - Orioles lose 4-3 and were blatantly hosed in a call at home plate that represented the tying run in the 9th inning). He has gone 7+ IP in 9 starts and only gone less than 6 IP once.

Playing with a DH isn't baseball! AL fans can hardly remember what a stolen base is, let alone a sacrifice bunt. And try expaining a double switch to an AL fan. And don't get me started on how easy the DH makes it to manage an AL team. All an AL manager has to do is fill out a lineup card, and then he might as well go home. AL baseball isn't real baseball. The only real baseball being played in America is on the senior circuit.

All I have to say to that is "chicks dig the longball." Not "chicks dig the double switch."

All-Star snub: Jeremy Guthrie of the Baltimore Orioles.

As good as Guthrie has been, the real All-Star snub on the Orioles is Erik Bedard. It's unbelievable that he was left off of the All-Star team. Most underrated pitcher in Major League Baseball.

That said...the mistakes by the AL can't compare to the overall incompetence of the people selecting the NL roster. And I'm not even talking about Bonds as a starter, as ridiculous as that is. How is Brian Fuentes on that team? He just lost his job as the Rockies closer, after blowing 4 straight saves. Absolutely insane. They don't even have the excuse of saying that they had to pick him, because Colorado didn't have any other good players....Matt Holliday is a reserve OF on the team (and a valid argument could be made that he deserves to be a starter).

And Freddy Sanchez over Hanley Ramirez, Jimmy Rollins, Edgar Renteria, Dan Uggla....that's got to be a joke, right? Fine, the Pirates have to have a representative. Then put Ian Snell or Tom Gorzelanny on the roster instead of Fuentes, and give Sanchez's spot to Hanley or Rollins.

And for the love of god, put one of the other six NL relievers on the 'last man' ballot, and give the secured spot to Chris Young.

Yeah, I put in about 20 votes for Bonds. The game is at Pac Bell, damnit.

Let's hope they only leave him out there for an inning or so. The last thing the NL needs is an aging left fielder with bad knees and a weak arm. We do want to win after all.

The one (probably) "juiced up" player who isn't going to be there but should be is Sosa. He's certainly deserving this year.

Aramis Ramirez could be on the NL team, even though I know he'd have to go through Wright and Cabrerra.

The one (probably) "juiced up" player who isn't going to be there but should be is Sosa. He's certainly deserving this year.

Sosa definitely does not deserve to be an All-Star. He's having an okay season, not a great one. His OBP is .308. His OPS is .784. His high RBI total is a product of hitting in the middle of the Rangers lineup, and playing half of his games in one of the best hitting parks in the league.

Yeah, he's having a nice comeback. But he's not an All-Star.

Sosa definitely does not deserve to be an All-Star. He's having an okay season, not a great one. His OBP is .308. His OPS is .784. His high RBI total is a product of hitting in the middle of the Rangers lineup, and playing half of his games in one of the best hitting parks in the league.

Yeah, he's having a nice comeback. But he's not an All-Star.

Why let little things like stats get in the way anymore? Besides, there aren't a great many Rangers who really deserve All Star consideration this year and Michael Young is IMO boderline too. And there are plenty of shortstops available...

But I digress...let's just play the game.

GO NL! WOOOooooOOoOoOOOOoooOO! :P

It's a good thing no juicers or douchebags have ever played for the Dodgers.

Yup. You guys should try it, you might actually be able to bring a championship home to SF if you did.

Yup. You guys should try it, you might actually be able to bring a championship home to SF if you did.

You can't get me with that one because I live in a private fantasy universe where the '02 series only went six games and Dusty didn't give out a game ball into the game was over.

Archived