More MLB

Jaxom 1974

What, no Cubs post today?

Good game by Cain-- and SURPRISE, the bullpen didn't blow the win for him!! I guess they reached their quota for the week in that horrifically depressing Lincecum start.

I am definitely impressed by the kid Brian Wilson though. He looks like he might be a legit closer at some point next year, and I like our bullpen a lot more if Hennessey slides back into a setup role.

What, no Cubs post today?

Good game by Cain-- and SURPRISE, the bullpen didn't blow the win for him!! I guess they reached their quota for the week in that horrifically depressing Lincecum start.

I am definitely impressed by the kid Brian Wilson though. He looks like he might be a legit closer at some point next year, and I like our bullpen a lot more if Hennessey slides back into a setup role.

What's to post? We lost. :P

All three starts by the Giants were impressive. I said the other day how scary Lincecum is going to be as he gets older and wiser in his craft.

Losing today going to Arizona for three is not what the Cubs needed. But we'll tough it out.

Jaime L is a O's fan.

What can you say, this O's team accomplished something that hadn't been done in 110 years. Truly remarkable. I hope each O's pitcher gets a 30-3 patch emblazoned on his shoulder, you know, to commemorate the event.

Would you believe the Texas pitcher who pitched the last 3 innings of the game got a save?

That man was a hero.

What can you say, this O's team accomplished something that hadn't been done in 110 years. Truly remarkable. I hope each O's pitcher gets a 30-3 patch emblazoned on his shoulder, you know, to commemorate the event.

I thought it was hyperbole, but I tell you what everybody is right about him Leo Mazzone is a genius. His career and reputation have nothing to do with being handed 3-5 NL pitchers in the last 25 years.

That man was a hero.

The best part is that they apparently had a decent pitching staff; that one game dropped them from 7th in the league to 10th in the league in ERA. So still top half of the league.

They also only used four pitchers, which was quite solid. And they were leading 3-0 after three innings! Damn.

It was only 5-3 after five innings.

The Rangers put up 25 runs across innings 6-9. Crazy.

Most of the damage was done against bullpen scrubs, so what are ya gonna do. Can't really blame Mazzone for that one. We actually have had some strides in our rotation since he's shown up in Baltimore. If Daniel Cabrera could remember that he's a major league pitcher more than 1/3 of his starts then people would really be talking about the team (and not just on nights where we are historically bad).

Ehhem! *cough* *cough*

The Cardinals are coming Tra La, Tra La.

One game below .500.

I'm still not happy with that. One season of sneaking into the post-season with an 83-79 record is one too many.

If they want to win this junk ass division, they'd better reel off about 9 in a row to get a respectable number of games above the break even point.

Boston outscored Chicago 46-7 over four games. :eek:

Meh. Texas hung 39 runs on the O's in a single day.

Still.... the White Sox are underperforming in spectacularly dull fashion this year. Kind of embarrassing with all the talent they have. It's hard to make up for a lack of relief pitching, though.

Boston outscored Chicago 46-7 over four games. :eek:

*Pours a consolation beer for EHK*

Sox= Boston Red Sox

WSox or ChiSox= Chicago White Sox

biatch! :P

Archived