[Pre-ADwD Spoilers] Prologue - Spoilers for ADwD

LugaJetboyGirl

My theory is that the children of the forest are a magical race with waring factions, the others are the group of CoTF that want to reconquer westerios and have resorted to using their warging abilities to reanimate corpes. The three eyed crow is part of the Faction of CoTF that want to help stop their evil brethren

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The night was ___ with the smell of ash.

The warg stopped beneath a __ and stilled, his every breath __ __ by __. A sigh of __ wind __ the man __ to him, near fainter smells that ___ of ___ and hare, ___ and stay, warm wolf. These were man smells too, the warg knew, the stink of old skins, dead and sour, near drowned beneath the stronger scents of smoke and blood and __. Only man stripped the skins of other beasts to drape himself in their hides and hair.

Wargs have no fear of men, as wolves do. Hate and hunger roiled in his belly like cold black worms, and he gave a low growl, calling to his one-eyed brother, to his small sly sister. As he raced into the trees, bounding toward the man smells, his packmates followed hard on his heels. They had caught the sent as well. For a moment, as he ran, he saw through their eyes too and glimpsed himself ahead. The breath of the pack puffed warm and white from long grey jaws. Ice had formed between their paws, hard as.....

Best I could do, may be some mistakes

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what I see. Which differs slightly.

The night was ---- with the smell of man.

The warg stopped beneath a tree and sniffed, his grey-brown fur dappled by shadow. A sigh of piney wind --- the man scent to him, --- fainter smells that spoke of fire and ---, --- and stag, even wolf. These were man-smells too, the warg knew, the stink of old skins, dead and sour, near drowned beneath the stronger scents of smoke and blood and fat. Only man stripped the skins of other beast to drape himself in their hides and hair.

Wargs have no fear of man, as wolves do. Hate and hunger coiled in his belly like cold black worms, and he gave a low growl, calling to his one-eyed brother, to his small sly sister. As he raced into the trees, bounding toward the man smells, his packmates followed hard on his heels. They had caught the scent as well. For a moment, as he ran, he saw through their eyes too and glimpsed himself ahead. The breath of the pack puffed warm and white from long grey jaws, ice had frozen between their paws, hard as

This is Treb. Alright, spoiler junkies, the prologue POV is...

VARAMYR!!!!!

Yeah! right out of left field.The chapter is filled with very key skinchanger information and history, a look at the aftermath of the battle of the Wall, and yes the OTHERS.

A nugget: Dogs are the easiest to warg, followed by wolves. Birds are the HARDEST to skinchange.

Copious notes were taken and will be posted once we get home!

What the frick.....does this have to do with with "A GAME OF THRONES" and its first epidsode?...........you people are off in your own "lala" land.....Who or what is Varamry?????...who?....d

Anything new?

What gift Jon has? This gift Varamyr called "one who would waste". I think that this was third eye, but I would assume that Varamyr would know for that eye.

Who is Varamyr?

The night was ___ with the smell of ash.

The warg stopped beneath a __ and stilled, his every breath __ __ by __. A sigh of __ wind __ the man __ to him, near fainter smells that ___ of ___ and hare, ___ and stay, warm wolf. These were man smells too, the warg knew, the stink of old skins, dead and sour, near drowned beneath the stronger scents of smoke and blood and __. Only man stripped the skins of other beasts to drape himself in their hides and hair.

Wargs have no fear of men, as wolves do. Hate and hunger roiled in his belly like cold black worms, and he gave a low growl, calling to his one-eyed brother, to his small sly sister. As he raced into the trees, bounding toward the man smells, his packmates followed hard on his heels. They had caught the sent as well. For a moment, as he ran, he saw through their eyes too and glimpsed himself ahead. The breath of the pack puffed warm and white from long grey jaws. Ice had formed between their paws, hard as.....

Best I could do, may be some mistakes

Ummmm.....does GRRM ever...mention the word....WARG?..............ever?...................where did you get this term?.......for the love of God?..............

Jon has no gift...he has the "direwolf" ...that's his gift.......

Jon has no gift...he has the "direwolf" ...that's his gift.......

Welcome to the board. I think you have wondered into the wrong spot. This is a spoiler thread for the Prologue of "A Dance With Dragons." GRRM has done at least one reading of this at a convention. Also, there is a photo of the first page of a rough draft of the book. Varamyr is a wilding, who is also a skinchanger or warg. He appears in "A Storm of Swords." The gift he refers to for Jon is Jon's ability to place his conciseness into Ghost, his direwolf. Apparently George does use the word warg, if the photo is correct.

just asking. where is the photo?

It's in the link provided by Spork.

I just came across the first mansucript page of ADWD after listening to aPoIaF, from Suvudu. I came here looking to see if folks had blown it up and transcribed it, but I couldn't find anything. I don't have time to try to do it, but I thought I'd post it in case some of you want to give it a try.

• 1 month later...

From one of his ADWD updates:

"A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will feature all the characters that you (and I) missed in A FEAST FOR CROWS. Jon, Tyrion, Davos, Dany, and Bran will all be present with major storylines, and toward the end of the novel Arya will appear as well, as will Asha Greyjoy. There will also be one new viewpoint character debuting and one old returning, giving me a total of nine POVs, plus the usual prologue."

This needed a bump... look how much it's changed. (not that it's a bad thing, I like more POV's). We went from 9 POV's to 17!

This needed a bump... look how much it's changed. (not that it's a bad thing, I like more POV's). We went from 9 POV's to 17!

Thanks, this old update definitely puts things in perspective. Minor quibble: If I remember rightly, I think we're actually looking at 18 POVs total including epilogue.

Archived